[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

at this point in time should we let isiah and steve mills go?

Author Poll
BRIGGS
Member: #303
my vote is yes. this has been a disater. im not against isiah, nor do i pre-judge anything about this scandal--but my allegiance is with the knicks and the fans of the knicks. i also believe mills should go to and start fresh.
yes
no
only isiah
View Results

Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/25/2006  1:40 PM
Isiah stays, Mills stays, that's that.

I figured that after this not-so-good news, all the Isiah haters would be coming out of the woodwork, thirsting for blood. Keep hoping, but it won't happen. LOL
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I figured that after this not-so-good news, all the Isiah haters would be coming out of the woodwork, thirsting for blood. Keep hoping, but it won't happen. LOL

Imagine if every GM were fired as soon as he were *accused* of any illegal act. It would be so easy to get any GM that you didn't like fired.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/25/2006  1:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Imagine if every GM were fired as soon as he were *accused* of any illegal act. It would be so easy to get any GM that you didn't like fired.

If I owned a team and allowed a man to spend a great deal of money--only to have it net me huge losses, the same man I entrusted goes on ESPN radio on MLK's day and launches a tirade threatning a sportwriter with personal harm, and then allow this tirade, no matter the true cupability to get out and tarnish my 500mm$ franchise--guess what--they guy would be taking one for the team and Mills would be following him out the door.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/25/2006  1:59 PM
It's nothing like that. There's too much turbulence going around, as it seems, and the Knicks are LOSING already, as it is. It's not as much as being fair to Isiah, as it is being fair to the Knicks. The Knicks need to win, and they ain't doing it, nor have they for 5 years.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/25/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

If I owned a team and allowed a man to spend a great deal of money--only to have it net me huge losses, the same man I entrusted goes on ESPN radio on MLK's day and launches a tirade threatning a sportwriter with personal harm, and then allow this tirade, no matter the true cupability to get out and tarnish my 500mm$ franchise--guess what--they guy would be taking one for the team and Mills would be following him out the door.

even if this scandal is completely fabricated?
¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/25/2006  2:04 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

But he spent a great portion of that money because he was told by Dolan when he was hired not to rebuild. He's made mistakes, but almost any GM would given Dolan's unreasonable directives.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2006  2:10 PM
"at this point"?

I'd give it at least 36 hours to fully digest this!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/25/2006  2:19 PM
if the charges are true, then obviously he should be fired along w/Steve Mills... but until it's proven, he deserves the benefit of the doubt imo.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/25/2006  3:37 PM
Posted by TMS:

if the charges are true, then obviously he should be fired along w/Steve Mills... but until it's proven, he deserves the benefit of the doubt imo.

Remember this isnt anything personal, this is business. Corporate business at that. Even the smell of a scandal could bring someone down - and this is a scandal. Although honestly - I dont think its as big a deal as its being blown up to be. However - if Dolan feels Zeke isnt running the team right, and Mills needs to go too - now is certainly an opportunity to make a change.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2006  3:42 PM
f I owned a team and allowed a man to spend a great deal of money--only to have it net me huge losses,
Separate topic. If you think in two years and by spending a lot of $, Isiah should have gotten more than Marbury, Curry, Frye, Nate, and Lee, then you're entitled to that opinion and entitled to fire him for it. But that's a different topic.
the same man I entrusted goes on ESPN radio on MLK's day and launches a tirade threatning a sportwriter with personal harm
Maybe Isiah shouldn't have said that, but you can't seriously fire a GM for that. Maybe give him a fine if you think it was poor judgment.

and then allow this tirade, no matter the true cupability to get out and tarnish my 500mm$ franchise--guess what--they guy would be taking one for the team and Mills would be following him out the door.
It's an EXTREMELY dangerous path when you start firing GMs because they've merely been accused of wrongdoing and you justify it on the grounds that the accusation looks bad.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/25/2006  3:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
f I owned a team and allowed a man to spend a great deal of money--only to have it net me huge losses,
Separate topic. If you think in two years and by spending a lot of $, Isiah should have gotten more than Marbury, Curry, Frye, Nate, and Lee, then you're entitled to that opinion and entitled to fire him for it. But that's a different topic.
the same man I entrusted goes on ESPN radio on MLK's day and launches a tirade threatning a sportwriter with personal harm
Maybe Isiah shouldn't have said that, but you can't seriously fire a GM for that. Maybe give him a fine if you think it was poor judgment.

and then allow this tirade, no matter the true cupability to get out and tarnish my 500mm$ franchise--guess what--they guy would be taking one for the team and Mills would be following him out the door.
It's an EXTREMELY dangerous path when you start firing GMs because they've merely been accused of wrongdoing and you justify it on the grounds that the accusation looks bad.
Excellent post.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
1/25/2006  6:22 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by crzymdups:

hey, here's an idea, how about we wait until Marbury plays again?

Magic Johnson would be a disaster. that guy is an idiot. Isiah is a lot smarter. you guys amaze me.

Totally agree. Magic, I love him as a player, and told him so in Joes Pub one day, but, he's not the brightest guy around.

Totally ridiculous. You can't have as many successful businesses as Magic and be a dumb guy. What could he have possibly said to you or what did he do to lead you to that opinion (in Joe's Pub mind you)? I'm guessing he blew you off because you were some drunk guy walking up to him in a bar sluring his words: Maaaaagikkkk...lett me tell yaaaaaaaarrraaaaa....yoooou wereeerreee the bessssssss ppplllaayyyyyerrre eva (collapse on Magics lap)

For Christ sakes, the man owns the Williamsburg Bank/ Clock tower (that's right across the street from the new Nets Stadium site in Brooklyn for those that don't know).

[Edited by - Junkmein on 01-25-2006 6:29 PM]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2006  7:08 PM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by crzymdups:

hey, here's an idea, how about we wait until Marbury plays again?

Magic Johnson would be a disaster. that guy is an idiot. Isiah is a lot smarter. you guys amaze me.

Totally agree. Magic, I love him as a player, and told him so in Joes Pub one day, but, he's not the brightest guy around.

Totally ridiculous. You can't have as many successful businesses as Magic and be a dumb guy. What could he have possibly said to you or what did he do to lead you to that opinion (in Joe's Pub mind you)? I'm guessing he blew you off because you were some drunk guy walking up to him in a bar sluring his words: Maaaaagikkkk...lett me tell yaaaaaaaarrraaaaa....yoooou wereeerreee the bessssssss ppplllaayyyyyerrre eva (collapse on Magics lap)

For Christ sakes, the man owns the Williamsburg Bank/ Clock tower (that's right across the street from the new Nets Stadium site in Brooklyn for those that don't know).

[Edited by - Junkmein on 01-25-2006 6:29 PM]

money and influence get you a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way. Look at our president. Not a very smart fellow, made it to the top.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/26/2006  1:15 PM
Posted by OasisBU:
Posted by TMS:

Remember this isnt anything personal, this is business. Corporate business at that. Even the smell of a scandal could bring someone down - and this is a scandal. Although honestly - I dont think its as big a deal as its being blown up to be. However - if Dolan feels Zeke isnt running the team right, and Mills needs to go too - now is certainly an opportunity to make a change.

according to Mills, the accuser demanded a 6 million dollar payout from MSG if she would agree to leave quietly... if that's true (& i don't know if it is), that right there knocks down her credibility to a huge extent...

in my own personal experience, i've found that all it takes to ruin someone's life & reputation is someone merely bringing up charges against that person, whether they're true or not... people are all too ready to believe the accusor & pronounce guilt until innocence is proven... it's sad but true.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/26/2006  1:19 PM
In college I had a good friend accused of rape. It went all the way to trial before the girl fessed up and admitted she was just jealous of his new girlfriend. Nine years later he comes back to school and people still refer to him as a rapist. It's very sad.
I just hope that people will like me
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/26/2006  1:19 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62312.htm

EVEN IF INNOCENT,
ISIAH COULD FACE AX
By GEORGE WILLIS

NONE of us really knows what actually transpired between Isiah Thomas and Anucha Browne Sanders, a female senior vice president at the Garden, who has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the Knicks president after being fired from her job.

Perhaps the details will become clear in court if the case isn't settled or dropped beforehand. I'd bet on one of the latter scenarios. You can be sure the last thing the Garden wants is for its dirty laundry to be aired in the newspapers, allowing us inside a corporate culture that surely has its share of skeletons.

Nonetheless, it's an embarrassing stain on Thomas' tenure with the Knicks and comes at a time when his leadership is being scrutinized. Never has his authority and job security seemed so vulnerable.

Whether or not Thomas is guilty of any inappropriate contact with Sanders, this development only adds to the perception the franchise is becoming dysfunctional and that may prompt owner Jim Dolan to end another clash of personalities within his building, the seemingly shaky alliance between Thomas and his coach Larry Brown.

There has been no real indication Dolan is unhappy with Thomas' job performance over the last two years even though the Knicks have yet to show they're on the path to becoming an elite team anytime soon.

Exactly how much time Thomas has here will ultimately depend on his relationship with Brown and whether a power-struggle develops. Clearly, there is the potential for discord if this season continues to unravel.

We could point to early in the season when Brown, soon after accepting his $10 million per salary, criticized the roster, saying there was too few point guards on the squad. That was a direct reflection on Thomas who has spent the last two years retooling the Knicks from an overpriced, aging team into one that is younger, more athletic and more expensive.

Recently, Thomas and Brown were on opposite sides concerning the suspension of Antonio Davis. When nearly everyone in the Knicks organization, including Brown, said the five-game suspension Davis received for going into the stands in Chicago to protect his wife was excessive, Thomas stood alone in calling the suspension just.

While Thomas is entitled to his opinion, his siding with the league on Davis' suspension raised eyebrows, especially when his coach was adamant Davis had been wronged.

It was another sign the two are independent, headstrong thinkers, which has helped each become successful, but could ultimately work to the detriment of their partnership.

Now comes the public revelation of a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Thomas and the Garden. The action, of course, comes at a time when neither Thomas nor the Knicks need the bad press.

Despite the return of Stephon Marbury, the Knicks lost their sixth straight game last night, dropping a 106-102 decision to Sacramento in overtime. Gone is all the good vibe generated from their recent six-game winning streak.

For now, the Garden is supporting Thomas in his this legal battle against Sanders. Garden president Steve Mills, who was mentioned in the lawsuit, was at Thomas' side yesterday during a press conference in Manhattan where Thomas professed his innocence.

But the nature of corporate America is to isolate those accused of wrongdoing to protect the rest of the company, meaning this ultimately could be Thomas' battle to fight alone.

He is innocent until proven guilty, but none of this is good for the NBA legend. The team is underachieving; he has been accused of sexual harassment; and he and his coach don't always see things the same.

In the end, Dolan may use this lawsuit to deliver a verdict long before any jury does.

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 01-26-2006 06:20 AM]
Bippity10
1/26/2006  1:25 PM
That article is just another example of the circus. Constantly in search of a twist on a story to sell papers. Speculation and guessing. Just report the dam-n story.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/26/2006  1:31 PM
Yeah, I agree

You have to admit though, this is whole scandal is pretty damaging to the Knicks' organization at a time when things are already bad with the lackluster season this team is having, something has to give, and IT might just be the one to see the door, it's the way of life in big business, regardless if scandal is true or not!.

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 01-26-2006 06:32 AM]
Bippity10
1/26/2006  1:37 PM
I agree with you, he should be shown the door, IF THE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE. But it's ridiculous to fire a guy if the only reason is that some women didn't like him and made accusations. This organization needs stability. We need a GM and coach that can stick around together and build together. Every time we start over again, we literally start over again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2006  1:55 PM
Willis article was crap!
at this point in time should we let isiah and steve mills go?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy