[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Woods....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/1/2006  2:33 PM
well his feet are a little slow on defense but so Houston's but his teammates where always there to help him. Q has shown that he can shoot, works hard and makes good passes. I don't think he'll hurt us as much as Ariza does. Ariza is a good player to have come off the bench, add energy and change the temple of the game. Ariza can't be out there with Q and Antonio
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/1/2006  2:41 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Q has shown that he can shoot

he showed PHO he can shoot, he has shown NY nothing.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/1/2006  3:38 PM
^ I think he's talking about Q-woods not Q-rich. Woods is not a good defensive player atthis point but who is? Give him the minutes and time to reacclamate himself with the game. He's been out for a while. No training camp, or minutes with Heat last year. Don't see a problem with giveng him a five game block, just to see what he can do. This season is in the toilet anyway. And we have no picks to speak of. He could turn out to be our pick, so to speak, if he pans out
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/1/2006  4:17 PM
Couldn't agree more with you bigbeast. Great post! Play the guy! What the heck have you got to lose? We're 7-21 and going nowhere fast with the 3-spot probably being our weakest position. This is a guy who was once compared to Tracy McGrady and was projected as a high-end lottery pick, before character issues brought his stock down. And that wasn't too long ago. I for one am glad he's here and wanna see what he can do. LB wanted Woods here and, as I understand it, he had to actually convince Zeke that Qyntel was worth the risk. Then we get him in and LB doesn't play him? WTF is that? I also couldn't agree more with your assessment on Ariza being a gambler rather than the stopper that most people think he is. I like Trevor but I think his overall game needs so much work, it's not even funny. But to evaluate the kid fairly, there's a reason why he went 44th overall in the 2004 draft. After watching him play, I really don't expect too much outta him on a game to game basis, to be honest. Anything he gives us is gravy as far as I'm concerned. Still a nice find and give Isiah credit, but I'm not nearly excited about this kid's game as a lot of people are. I just don't see a great deal of potential and would not hesitate to package him in a deal if the right trade came along.
Overall, I'm so frustrated with the job Brown's done so far I can't even tell ya...I mean, lets look at his latest little problem. The guy talks about Marbury's body language being bad (which it is and does need to improve, no question), but did you ever see Larry's? Everytime little Nate, Jamal, Steph, etc.. makes a mistake, the guy throws his hands up in disgust, covers his eyes, shakes his head and screams at the guy when he gets back to the bench. Ever notice that? Practice what you preach there Larry...
My rotation is this, unless a trade comes down for a young legit SF that can help us:
1 - Marbury (Let the guy play his game Larry. The guy has averaged 20 & 8 for his career until you came along. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)
2 - Richardson (Start him, see if he can get off early, if not, Jamal's in right away. Q's youth, size, rebounding, range and ability to play some 3 are all pluses. Terrible play so far, but I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.)
3 - Woods (Too many people said he was a can't miss. Can all those people be wrong? We gave Sprewell a chance - another guy with major character flaws - and how did that turned out? He was prob. our best player on our 8th seed team that went to the finals. I feel the same way about Artest, btw. I would love to see Artest in a Knick uniform, psycho or not - can't believe Zeke is showing no interest. That's how much I wanna win. LB could possibly have one of the league's best kept secrets right under his nose in Woods. Give him a good run and let's find out.)
4 - Frye (Looks great. Such a bright spot. PUT HIM BACK IN THE STARTING LINEUP, MORON, AND LEAVE HIM THERE!! Antonio Davis? Yeah, maybe 6-8 years ago, but not now. Not for this team.)
5 - Curry (After initially balking at the trade, I think it was a great pick up, both with the present and the future in mind. Aguirre's gotta really roll up his sleeves and make this kid his own little project. I know he's young and outta shape a bit, but that's still no excuse, imo, for the mistakes Eddy makes, especially with all the unnecessary offensive fouls.)
---------------
6 - Crawford (I love his firepower off the bench. 6th man of the year potential. Shooting % is up and his overall game is finally rounding into shape.)
7 - Robinson (Just like Steph, give the poor kid room to grow and make mistakes. With Marbury, Crawford and Nate Robinson I can't believe Larry thinks he needs another ballhandler. PG on the Knicks is a strength. I don't like him starting in the backcourt with Marbury - they're too small with that wacky lineup LB's been putting out there to start the game, but he's so talented and needs to be part of the regular rotation.)
8 - Lee (He's my first big man off the bench. He's the perfect intangible-type player, bringing a totally different game to the table than both Curry and Frye. All 3 complement each other so well, and it's a shame they haven't been the 3 main frontcourt players so far. He either comes in for Frye or for Curry with Frye moving to the 5. I'm glad he's finally getting a look, but Larry come on bro, he's not a 3. He's a 4 with awesome heart, court awareness and athleticism. And how 'bout his ability to pass and handle... Nice huh? His strength to the Knicks is as a power forward and I love his game. If he keeps working on his game and adds a little more bulk, he could be the next Anthony Mason, only a taller version.)
9 - Ariza (Athletic enough to garner some minutes but he's an end-of-the-bench guy for me.)
10 - Butler (Deserves to get into a game if injuries or foul trouble dictate. He's a big boy that can play. All he needs is experience.)
--------------
That's it. That's my rotation - sink or swim. Scoring, athleticism, youth development, defense...it's all right there. The rest of the parts on this team are a waste and should not even be considered for regular playing time. Start the New Year off on the right foot, Larry. Come up with a consistent, shortened rotation and maybe one of these days we might have a shot at building some team chemistry.

[Edited by - Finestrg on 01-01-2006 4:20 PM]

[Edited by - Finestrg on 01-01-2006 4:25 PM]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/1/2006  4:20 PM
Hey Finestrg - nice debut!
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/1/2006  4:27 PM
Thanks brother! Good to be here.
bigbeast
Member: #1060

1/1/2006  5:41 PM
Posted by Finestrg:

Great post! This could have been a thread. Anyway, you hit it on the head with Ariza. I don'tsee what alot of pther people see. He'll get an occassional offensive-put-back-slam that will ake you raise utta your seat, but thats about it. True, indeed, he was a 2nd round pick for a reason and Q-Woods was a projected lottery pick until character issues came up.

I pretty much agree with your other assessments of the Knick roster as well.

Your a welcome sight on this board.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/1/2006  6:12 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by Finestrg:

Great post! This could have been a thread. Anyway, you hit it on the head with Ariza. I don'tsee what alot of pther people see. He'll get an occassional offensive-put-back-slam that will ake you raise utta your seat, but thats about it. True, indeed, he was a 2nd round pick for a reason and Q-Woods was a projected lottery pick until character issues came up.

I pretty much agree with your other assessments of the Knick roster as well.

Your a welcome sight on this board.

Well my thing with Reezy continues to be this - I have seen him, a number of times, do fantastic things with the ball, worthy of consideration of the moniker point forward even. I've seen him get the ball in the corner, fake his man, drive past him and hit a cutter down the lane for a bucket. Extremely difficult, highly-skilled play. And I've seen him do it a number of times. I saw him step into the starting lineup as a 19 year old rookie last year and get, what, 21 and 9 I think. Yes I've also seen the bonehead stuff this year, the times when he looks lost out there, the times when he dribbles like a squirrel with oversize nuts (thanks Enyspree, that image now remains with me always). But the kid has all this ability as well. When he puts it together he's gonna be at least a Ricky Davis. Anybody else feeling this or is everyone down on him?
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
1/1/2006  6:19 PM
Well my thing with Reezy continues to be this - I have seen him, a number of times, do fantastic things with the ball, worthy of consideration of the moniker point forward even. I've seen him get the ball in the corner, fake his man, drive past him and hit a cutter down the lane for a bucket. Extremely difficult, highly-skilled play. And I've seen him do it a number of times. I saw him step into the starting lineup as a 19 year old rookie last year and get, what, 21 and 9 I think. Yes I've also seen the bonehead stuff this year, the times when he looks lost out there, the times when he dribbles like a squirrel with oversize nuts (thanks Enyspree, that image now remains with me always). But the kid has all this ability as well. When he puts it together he's gonna be at least a Ricky Davis. Anybody else feeling this or is everyone down on him?

Hi Marv,

I am not down on Ariza. I have gone on record as saying he has star potential based on his physical ability and instincts. Now he has to develop his skills. Recently we have seen him get a little more comfortable taking and hitting some jumpers, and I even saw him make a crossover-type move the other day.

Once he figures out how to create his own daylight, he will be three times as dangerous. When he gets his outside shooting and inside touch more together he will add a couple more dangerouses. Also, he seems to be a decent human being, and I would like to see more of that, and less of the Q-woods types. If we are going to bring in a degenerate, let's make sure he is already a star.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
gunsnewing
USA
1/1/2006  8:50 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

^ I think he's talking about Q-woods not Q-rich. Woods is not a good defensive player atthis point but who is? Give him the minutes and time to reacclamate himself with the game. He's been out for a while. No training camp, or minutes with Heat last year. Don't see a problem with giveng him a five game block, just to see what he can do. This season is in the toilet anyway. And we have no picks to speak of. He could turn out to be our pick, so to speak, if he pans out

exactly. Ariza isn't exactly proving that he deserves over 5mins either. imo woods is playing hard and should get a chance and he's a better shooter than reezy
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/1/2006  10:48 PM
Posted by Marv:

Hey Finestrg - nice debut!

Yeah man great stuff.

You are like proffessor x, bro .......get out of my head!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/7/2006  10:28 AM
According tp Christian Red of The Daily News, "Woods is a player Brown lobbied for in December when the team signed him as a free agent."

once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  10:52 AM
it's about time we bring this thread back since Woods looked like a star last game! Don't be surprised if he gets some burn again tomorrow..

FREE WOODS!!!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/24/2006  11:09 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

it's about time we bring this thread back since Woods looked like a star last game! Don't be surprised if he gets some burn again tomorrow..

FREE WOODS!!!!

a star? are you kidding me?
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  11:10 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

FREE WOODS!!!!

I kid you not!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/24/2006  11:17 AM
~You can't run from who you are.~
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/24/2006  11:23 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

FREE WOODS!!!!

I kid you not!

He's not a star, man. He's a decent 10th man, at best.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
1/24/2006  11:30 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

FREE WOODS!!!!

I kid you not!

He's not a star, man. He's a decent 10th man, at best.

thanks for the enlightenment but I draw my own conclusions when I watch the games
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

1/24/2006  11:32 AM
He's a mid-lottery draft pick talent who has barely played. That's much better than 10th man. We shouldn't be shouting All-Star yet either, but 10th man? You've got to be kidding me.

Where do you think stars come from? They all spring fully formed from High School and are never rookies, huh? They never spend a few years finding their way and growing their game? It's this kind of mentality that has Star Phucked the Knicks.

I'm thrilled we have so much young talent. They just need time to grow.

[Edited by - TemujinKnick on 01-24-2006 11:34 AM]
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/24/2006  11:34 AM
Woods played great in GARBAGE TIME. The time that is reserved for bench players against other teams bench players. Lets not kid ourselves here.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Free Woods....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy