[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: Heat @ Knicks Friday 7 PM
Author Thread
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/18/2010  1:01 AM
First half was outstanding, second half... regrettable. The Heat looked solid, and we will need help defensively to keep the game in reach.
AUTOADVERT
cheers
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3316

12/18/2010  1:46 AM
congrats to ar

coach finally gave him playing time, sure it was garbage mins, but its a foot in the door that may lead to a whole leg.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2010  2:39 AM
We got beat. HEat played great defense in 2nd half and we got tired. Tired from boston game, tired from guarding these guys, tired from runnng asses off in first half. That was a spectacular display of fire power by knicks and Miami went toe to toe.

Gallo guarded Leborn. Lebron denied gallo in second half.

No team gets elite without a visit thru the learning curve. YOu don't go with 10 new players, start 3-8 then become world beaters. We are deficient in some areas and exposed.

Melo in trade would still leave us deficient.

Wilsons dunk!

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/18/2010  8:17 AM
cheers wrote:congrats to ar

coach finally gave him playing time, sure it was garbage mins, but its a foot in the door that may lead to a whole leg.

Agreed. I would've liked to have seen Rautins get some mins as well but 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/18/2010  9:24 AM
Finestrg wrote:

Agreed. I would've liked to have seen Rautins get some mins as well but 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

I turned it off in the 4th qtr - how did he look?

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/18/2010  9:48 AM
Usually I would be fumming for a loss, especially to the Heat, but I love the young Knicks too much and see this game as an important one because of its message. We are not that far away from the Heat, but we need to make a few chances to compete with them. Main problem: our bench.

We need a starting center as our most desperate need. Amar'e needs to go back to the 4 and Will needs to be our main offensive punch off the bench. We need a guy that can defend, rebound and give us valuable minutes.

We need a backup PG mainly because Felton is too important to lose because we burnt him out. We were in the game at first, but we ran out of energy.

I cant believe guys like Douglas, Walker and Williams, who have been effective in many ocasions, cant be now. We need good minutes from them but its not happening. This bench needs to at leas be decent, but lately has been pretty bad.

And of course, we need Melo. While I love Gallinari and he cetainly has lots of potential, Im starting to fear this inconsistent player is more of what we can expect for his career. The truth is we need a guy like Melo to balance things out with Amar'e and take a little pressure off Ray in terms of shooting. Andwe need consistency from the guy because teams can plan their defense centering on denying Amar'e but a guy like Melo makes it difficult to.

I can live without Melo for now if the trade is too difficult to make, but te others are a must becase we ARE ready to compete in the playoffs this season.

Knicks_Fan
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/18/2010  10:02 AM
What a sad night.
WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
iSergio
Member: #3043
USA
12/18/2010  10:33 AM
tkf wrote:Tough loss..

Amare had a rough night.. missed FT's a lot of missed shots and no love from the refs

Great game by gallo, especially in the first half, on both sides of the ball.. kid is a baller.. 25 points

Chandler was great, outplayed bosh.. if not for a few prayer and ones from bosh, chandler handles him.. finishes with 17/10

watching lebron throw up those jump back, jakcass fadeaways is funny.. this guy is a clown.. but whatever..

Knicks have to adjust better to teams defending the pick and roll..

Does joel anthony every get called for fouls? he was whacking tonight, with complete immunity...

Gotta hit those FT's.. 13-23 for a 81% shooting team? wow

We need a center and a backup PG.. stat

Danilo Gallinarin had a great HALF. He did nothing in the second half and complained that he was tired.

And Wilson Chandler did not outplay Chris Bosh. What game were you watching?

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/18/2010  11:18 AM
OasisBU wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

I turned it off in the 4th qtr - how did he look?

he had a great basket in the paint. i think it was a jump hook.

otherwise i remember he was active defensively. one ballhandling miscue.

his basket in the paint though was just what we needed off the bench. i so hope they rehab his head or heart or balls or whatever it is asap. i swear he could be giving us 13/9/2blks/2stls right now off the bench and giving amar'e, wilson and gallo some rest.

Marv
12/18/2010  11:23 AM

Amare had a rough night.. missed FT's a lot of missed shots and no love from the refs

Great game by gallo, especially in the first half, on both sides of the ball.. kid is a baller.. 25 points

Chandler was great, outplayed bosh.. if not for a few prayer and ones from bosh, chandler handles him.. finishes with 17/10

watching lebron throw up those jump back, jakcass fadeaways is funny.. this guy is a clown.. but whatever..

Does joel anthony every get called for fouls? he was whacking tonight, with complete immunity...

not when you're hitting them. and mixing them into a triple double.

i can understand hating him but why diss his performance last night. man was magnificent.

it's just incredible how much damage he did to his rep in such a short time.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/18/2010  12:00 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
12/18/2010  12:06 PM
love it. isn't that traveling though?
martin
USA
12/18/2010  12:13 PM
Marv wrote:love it. isn't that traveling though?

No. After you catch ball you get to come down and then take 2 steps? Is that how it works?

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/18/2010  12:25 PM
Can't get too low after that one. Knicks were great in the first half. Didn't make any free throws in the third and thats how they fell behind. Then they couldn't buy a bucket. Amare can't go 10 straight games scoring 30, shooting 60% from the field and not have one bad game at some point.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/18/2010  12:48 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but 91 points looks like an offensive failure for this team. We can win battles over 100 better than under.
Marv
12/18/2010  12:54 PM
BlueSeats wrote:I didn't get to see the game, but 91 points looks like an offensive failure for this team. We can win battles over 100 better than under.

our 2nd half offense was dreadful. 1st half gallo looked as good as lebron.

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
12/18/2010  1:00 PM
BlueSeats wrote:I didn't get to see the game, but 91 points looks like an offensive failure for this team. We can win battles over 100 better than under.

Miami's defense pwned us in the second half and they were on fire on offense. Not a good combo.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2010  1:42 PM
iSergio wrote:

Danilo Gallinarin had a great HALF. He did nothing in the second half and complained that he was tired.

And Wilson Chandler did not outplay Chris Bosh. What game were you watching?

actually gallo had two drives in which he was fouled, no call.. and we were nto getting calls... to say he did nothing in the second half is a bit ridiculous..

chandler outplayed bosh. Don't let the 26 pot luck points by bosh fool you.. a couple of them were wide open finds by lebron, and he had two dipsy doo and ones.. he also traveled with the ball about 3 or 4 times... chandler guarded him well and beat him on the boards..

I as watching the knicks game... I suggest you do the same.. but do so without the gallo hate..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2010  1:44 PM
Marv wrote:

i can understand hating him but why diss his performance last night. man was magnificent.

this is because I watch most of the heat games.. these are shots he tends to hit vs the knicks and not vs many other teams. but I will let him have it.. I lost most respect for this bozo... really..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
martin
USA
12/18/2010  1:47 PM
tkf wrote:
Marv wrote:

this is because I watch most of the heat games.. these are shots he tends to hit vs the knicks and not vs many other teams. but I will let him have it.. I lost most respect for this bozo... really..

who do you hatte worse: LeBron and his antics or Pierce and his?

GAME THREAD: Heat @ Knicks Friday 7 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy