[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2024 draft thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/23/2024  11:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:If Bronny James puts in the work he can eventually grow into the next Deuce McBride.

Don't know about that. Deuce was really good in college. I know Bronny had some extenuating circumstances, but he didn't show nearly as much as Deuce.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/24/2024  10:04 AM
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:I'd def draft at #38 for Dunn

That wingspan on Dunn an accurate number Martin?

Similar to wemby wingspan? Yeah I’m questioning that as well.

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/ryan-dunn-reece-beekman-nba-draft-combine-measurements-results
it's 7'1 and a half. There's a space missing

Something to note about Dunn. His measurements are very close to Achiuwa. He’s about a 1/2 inch shorter but with 3/4 inch longer wingspan. Achiuwa is a tweener but has found some success here playing both backup center and backup 4 defending on the perimeter. With OGs defensive versatility, I can see the Knicks drafting Dunn as a similar mold as Achiuwa. Dunn is a good rebounder and elite shot blocker. Knicks can easily have OG guard centers in stretches and use Dunn as a weak side shot blocker and defender on the perimeter against wings and stretch 4s. And if he ever develops a shot, look out. But early in his career the Knicks are the exact team that can make him a useful utility player.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2024  10:40 AM
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/ryan-dunn-reece-beekman-nba-draft-combine-measurements-results

Something to note about Dunn. His measurements are very close to Achiuwa. He’s about a 1/2 inch shorter but with 3/4 inch longer wingspan. Achiuwa is a tweener but has found some success here playing both backup center and backup 4 defending on the perimeter. With OGs defensive versatility, I can see the Knicks drafting Dunn as a similar mold as Achiuwa. Dunn is a good rebounder and elite shot blocker. Knicks can easily have OG guard centers in stretches and use Dunn as a weak side shot blocker and defender on the perimeter against wings and stretch 4s. And if he ever develops a shot, look out. But early in his career the Knicks are the exact team that can make him a useful utility player.

Could be a good understudy for Precious going forward. 2nd rounder project. Precious might not stay either if a team wants to "unlock his offensive potential" and pay him. Thibs seems not interested in doing so.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/24/2024  11:00 AM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Could be a good understudy for Precious going forward. 2nd rounder project. Precious might not stay either if a team wants to "unlock his offensive potential" and pay him. Thibs seems not interested in doing so.

Precious is on his third team. What do you think teams see to unlock at this point? I think the way thibs used Achiuwa maximized his talent.

Nalod
USA
5/24/2024  1:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Precious is on his third team. What do you think teams see to unlock at this point? I think the way thibs used Achiuwa maximized his talent.

Maybe Precious wants a bigger role?
Seems he was shooting more in Toronto and more involved in the offense. Thibs has him limited.
Precious might want a bigger role for a bigger paycheck? thats what I meant by "Unlock".
Im not a huge Precious fan as are some. Not hating on him, but not as special. I have no issues with him staying and his defensive role he did very well in.
So if another team wants to pay him, we can match it. Or not.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/24/2024  9:07 PM
DaRon Holmes II Scouting Report
https://edemirnba.substack.com/p/daron-holmes-ii-scouting-report
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/26/2024  9:01 AM
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Do you know anything about his twitchiness? Precious is reasonably quick off the floor and i think that has helped him a lot when playing 5. Personally he gets a thumb on the skill because of NY connection and i know he likes that (as did Obi)

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
5/28/2024  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2024  11:33 AM

SR. NBA ready build. Excellent 2-way analytics. 23pts, 8.6ft attempts per game @80%! 6.7 3pt attempts @36%.

BigDaddyG

5/28/2024  11:36 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

SR. NBA ready build. Excellent 2-way analytics. 23pts, 8.6ft attempts per game @80%! 6.7 3pt attempts @36%.

Yeah, but I haven't heard any updates on the off the court stuff.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
foosballnick
Member: #3148

5/28/2024  11:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40121045/ex-illinois-star-terrence-shannon-jr-stand-trial-felony-rape

Will stand trial for First Degree Felony Rape as well as Felony Sexual battery on June 10.

newyorknewyork
5/28/2024  12:09 PM
foosballnick wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40121045/ex-illinois-star-terrence-shannon-jr-stand-trial-felony-rape

Will stand trial for First Degree Felony Rape as well as Felony Sexual battery on June 10.

Sheesh

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/29/2024  12:39 AM
There's no way we're going to draft 4 1st round players, right? :)

Though if we think we can do better than what we have in players 12-15 OR if we think we can develop some guys... I'm not averse to drafting some players.

Edey is such an interesting opportunity. Based on the highlights, he did pretty well in FIBA competition last summer, playing with the likes of RJ and SGA on team Canada.

On one hand, he's just too big to rotate well on D. His team will have to devise a strategy to keep him near the basket and let his teammates carry the burden. Any team that wants to keep him on the floor will have to devise a way for him to park himself near the basket.
On the other hand, he alters and blocks shots effortlessly - he'd probably be quite effective if you can play zone for stretches. On offense, the man grabs offensive rebounds like they're his destined for him. And he has that un-guardable hook shot.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

5/29/2024  1:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Is the crux of this Grant and Dunn comparison just the similar physical dimensions ??? Not stats, come on. You can get players with the same physical dimensions to compare to grant every season from players in the draft undrafted playing in China or Turkey. Just cause a player has similar dimensions that means they the same talent wise ? Noooo. Knicks have players in GLeague or summer league who you can do the same comparison with.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

5/29/2024  8:14 AM
Edey is not going to be good in the nba. I hate that every mock has us drafting him.
Nalod
USA
5/29/2024  8:59 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Is the crux of this Grant and Dunn comparison just the similar physical dimensions ??? Not stats, come on. You can get players with the same physical dimensions to compare to grant every season from players in the draft undrafted playing in China or Turkey. Just cause a player has similar dimensions that means they the same talent wise ? Noooo. Knicks have players in GLeague or summer league who you can do the same comparison with.

Very true. Also lots of guys with big wingspans and crazy verticals. Edy on offense will not have a hard time with the hook, but getting it off. Big strong fast dudes like OG with Big wings swipe at the ball with surgical precision. If drawn on a.switch on the elbow he currently does not have the lateral movement to defend enough. Not saying he can't keep a guard in front of him, few can do that, but the ability to cover ground.

But then there is Steven Adams/valachunas that are not stars but very effective. Edy has a mid jumper, and some decent tools. I tend to agree that he won't translate that dominance to the NBA but perhaps we are missing something to his potential? He looks just like Zubic BTW. Ante has carved out a place in the NBA.
Perhaps EDY needs 2 years and can be very effective player.
If we keep all our picks this year I would understand taking him. At this point I trust our coaches and FO over PhilC well written scouting report.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

5/29/2024  11:02 AM
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
shinmen wrote:
blkexec wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Very true. Also lots of guys with big wingspans and crazy verticals. Edy on offense will not have a hard time with the hook, but getting it off. Big strong fast dudes like OG with Big wings swipe at the ball with surgical precision. If drawn on a.switch on the elbow he currently does not have the lateral movement to defend enough. Not saying he can't keep a guard in front of him, few can do that, but the ability to cover ground.

But then there is Steven Adams/valachunas that are not stars but very effective. Edy has a mid jumper, and some decent tools. I tend to agree that he won't translate that dominance to the NBA but perhaps we are missing something to his potential? He looks just like Zubic BTW. Ante has carved out a place in the NBA.
Perhaps EDY needs 2 years and can be very effective player.
If we keep all our picks this year I would understand taking him. At this point I trust our coaches and FO over PhilC well written scouting report.

I think the big problem with Edey is that he is so slow for the NBA. That, and he will probably be selected before we pick

newyorknewyork
5/29/2024  12:13 PM
Philc1 wrote:Edey is not going to be good in the nba. I hate that every mock has us drafting him.

Don't think he works as a backup big at like 18-20mins per night?

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/29/2024  12:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2024  12:54 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Edey is not going to be good in the nba. I hate that every mock has us drafting him.

You letting IHart and Precious go or thinking of trading Mitch?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

5/29/2024  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2024  1:00 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I would let Sims go. We need depth at the C position. Time to move on there

BigDaddyG

5/29/2024  1:09 PM
Rookie wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I would let Sims go. We need depth at the C position. Time to move on there

Sims is $1.6M end of bench guy. Honestly, his presence doesn't move the needle one way or the other. He's salary filler at the most. I have no problem cutting him, but it still doesn't really address the iHart, MitchRob, Precious issue. As for Edey, I wouldnt waste a pick on him. What's his ceiling? Boban?

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy