[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: Knicks versus Bobcats Game #4
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

11/5/2013  10:24 PM
That was a great look too...
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
11/5/2013  10:25 PM
4th Qtr 0:10
NYK 97 CHA 101
TeamBall

gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:We need to bring Bargnani off the bench moving forward. Is there any surprise that defense has been our problem in the first half?

That problem with D isn't Bargs fault. Did you not see the fact that Felton wasn't on the PG's and was just letting them come up court unguarded? That had nothing to do with Bargs. Getting over screens and staying with your man is the thing they need to do.

Besides what about the poor offense from the rest of the team as a whole? It's too easy to just point to Bargnani and assume he's the reason Felton and Melo aren't doing their job on D or when Shump loses his man gambling too much. Bargnani isn't the reason for all of that.

Feltons been a little bit of a problem tonight. He's got to get it together. When you need another PG on the floor to help you do your job, you have a problem.

He certainly doesn't help Melo get easy open looks. At the bare minimum our starting PG should be able to do that

I do agree with that but I also think the lack of structure to our offense has a lot to do with it as well.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
Hopefully we lose to the Cats again on Friday
Dagger
Member: #4184

11/5/2013  10:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Hopefully we lose to the Cats again on Friday

wtf?

NYDiva
Member: #4387

11/5/2013  10:29 PM
Carmelo taking 28 shots and dishing out only 2 assists is a problem.

Amare being on the court at all is just pain. It feels as if every time he catches the ball, he loses it. Two points & five turnovers in 11 minutes?

ScoreBot
11/5/2013  10:30 PM
Final  
NYK 97 CHA 102
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/5/2013  10:31 PM
Too much switching on dee. Hope JR is ready to go Sunday. I didn't see Chandler's injury, sounds bad the way they were talking.
Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2013  10:36 PM
Finestrg wrote:The best news is that this is correctable. You can't tell me with a straight face that we're not capable of taking care of business against the Charlotte Bobcats on our home court (when we're going right of course), where all we did was upgrade on a 54-win roster from last year. The pieces are here to succeed -- we're just not doing it for some reason. A lot of this looks to be on Woody, man, sorry to say. Team coming out ultra flat every damn game, there's no feel for any of the substitution patterns (Martin should've been established MUCH earlier in this game--once Chandler went out in fact) and we're running an offense so UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLY devoid of any flow or creativity I can't even bare to watch...

Really wanted to go 3-2 and then get JR back....That was the goal coming into tonight. Now we gotta hope for 2-3..

I agree its fixable and the team shouldn't be hot and cold like this. I agree part of it is on Woodson. Felton has to drive more or we become a streaky jump shooting team. I wanted Melo to drive less and not get as beat up with his bum shoulder, but not to this extent.

There were a bunch of times when Bargs was the only Knick near the rim with 3 Bobcats so I didn't expect much. Where he is at fault is his reluctance to get in the paint and battle for position. He'll push and shove further out but you don't see him try to pivot or spin his way into the post off contact. So part of it I blame on the lack of help under the rim, the other half on being soft. Wouldn't extend that to his entire game because he takes his share of contact driving to the rim and he works on perimeter D.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/5/2013  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2013  10:44 PM
Another thing with Woody -- yeah, there's no denying we miss JR Smith right now. I've criticized him the most outta anyone here but on this team, this roster, with the way Woody wants to play (heavily favoring ISO ball), he's essential and Woody's 2nd best option on offense. No question. Woody's also got a damn good player in Iman Shumpert too and imo, he's jerked this kid around hard so far. First off, he should've never spoke publicly about starting JR once he returns back in the pre-season. I don't think you let Shump read something like that, not after how he played last year after killing himself to come back from a serious injury. Shump made very good progress and did nothing to lose his starting gig...I just thought that was unnecessary...Careful, tactful coaches don't say things like that...And now, he jumps all over the kid all the time and jerks him in and out of the lineup all the time. This kid probably doesn't know what to think. Woody should have his back more, I feel. You get a kid like this, with the progress he's made so far, you do nothing but build him up. You do nothing negative to hurt his confidence. Just a complete mishandling of Shumpert so far imo.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/5/2013  10:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Finestrg wrote:The best news is that this is correctable. You can't tell me with a straight face that we're not capable of taking care of business against the Charlotte Bobcats on our home court (when we're going right of course), where all we did was upgrade on a 54-win roster from last year. The pieces are here to succeed -- we're just not doing it for some reason. A lot of this looks to be on Woody, man, sorry to say. Team coming out ultra flat every damn game, there's no feel for any of the substitution patterns (Martin should've been established MUCH earlier in this game--once Chandler went out in fact) and we're running an offense so UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLY devoid of any flow or creativity I can't even bare to watch...

Really wanted to go 3-2 and then get JR back....That was the goal coming into tonight. Now we gotta hope for 2-3..

I agree its fixable and the team shouldn't be hot and cold like this. I agree part of it is on Woodson. Felton has to drive more or we become a streaky jump shooting team. I wanted Melo to drive less and not get as beat up with his bum shoulder, but not to this extent.

There were a bunch of times when Bargs was the only Knick near the rim with 3 Bobcats so I didn't expect much. Where he is at fault is his reluctance to get in the paint and battle for position. He'll push and shove further out but you don't see him try to pivot or spin his way into the post off contact. So part of it I blame on the lack of help under the rim, the other half on being soft. Wouldn't extend that to his entire game because he takes his share of contact driving to the rim and he works on perimeter D.

Also the Knicks were a different team with KMart, Prigs and Metta on the floor. I think Woodson really needs to tighten up the rotation and play Prigs and Kenyon more minutes. I think the Amare platoon needs to end. Also once JR is back I think Hardaway needs to ride the pine.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/5/2013  10:46 PM
Dagger wrote:

wtf?

The team needs to cut it's losses early.

I'll never root for a loss, but this team needs a major shake-up.

CrushAlot
USA
11/5/2013  10:47 PM
Dagger wrote:

wtf?

What is up with this? Earlier you posted you didn't want the Knicks to win tonight.
GustavBahler

11/5/2013  10:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Also the Knicks were a different team with KMart, Prigs and Metta on the floor. I think Woodson really needs to tighten up the rotation and play Prigs and Kenyon more minutes. I think the Amare platoon needs to end. Also once JR is back I think Hardaway needs to ride the pine.

I agree they give us a healthy dose of D and energy. My only problem with Prigs is that you never know if he will take the big shot when he has an open look. Not just at the end of games. Prigs has to show more gusto on offense, for lack of a better word.

I think the jury is still out on Beno but I still want Murry activated, at this point to see how the the rest of the team plays with him on the floor.

TeamBall

11/5/2013  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Dagger wrote:

wtf?

What is up with this? Earlier you posted you didn't want the Knicks to win tonight.

He said something before about taking a step toward blowing it up
CrushAlot
USA
11/5/2013  10:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree they give us a healthy dose of D and energy. My only problem with Prigs is that you never know if he will take the big shot when he has an open look. Not just at the end of games. Prigs has to show more gusto on offense, for lack of a better word.

I think the jury is still out on Beno but I still want Murry activated, at this point to see how the the rest of the team plays with him on the floor.

Yeah and Cole needs to be activated now. Hopefully Kenyon isn't going every other game anymore. It was tough watching Amare tonight.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2013  10:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Also the Knicks were a different team with KMart, Prigs and Metta on the floor. I think Woodson really needs to tighten up the rotation and play Prigs and Kenyon more minutes. I think the Amare platoon needs to end. Also once JR is back I think Hardaway needs to ride the pine.

This could be a future key to some really good BB as we move forward. Woody has to start figuring out his best lineups and putting them in for good stretches of games.

Also not for nothing but Prigs, Beno, Bargs, Tyson, Felton are all great PnR/PnP players. That's been their strength over their careers and so why is Woody not running a PnR/PnP offense with those players?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/5/2013  10:55 PM
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Dagger wrote:

wtf?

He said something before about taking a step toward blowing it up

Yea best way to ensure Melo is not maxed out and major roster and philosophical changes take place is to keep losing

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
11/5/2013  10:57 PM
Woodson is ****ting the bed big time. This poor start is mostly on him for reasons already expressed throughout the board.

This loss reminds me a lot of an early season loss the Knicks had in Minnesota during Amares first year. Love had 30 boards, MIN was horrible that year, and we lost a game we should have had to put the Knicks at like 3-8 or something. I bring that up because the expectations for that year were huge relative to where the team had been....and much like that start of that year, this year the Knicks don't look anything near a competitive team. I don't even know if they have it in them. It's a hopeless feeling.

Just waiting for a panic trade involving Shumpert. I hope a lineup change fixes this, but I just don't know.

GustavBahler

11/5/2013  10:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yeah and Cole needs to be activated now. Hopefully Kenyon isn't going every other game anymore. It was tough watching Amare tonight.

Kmart still has that ankle issue I believe. If that's the case it might be best to let him recover. This was the most mobile I've seen Kmart since he became a Knick IMO so that's a good sign. Stat looked real frustrated out there. That was a very athletic team he went up against. Must have been frustrating for someone who used to get up and down the court like Amar'e used to, reduced to a blue collar sub. Still has to play smart though.

GAME THREAD: Knicks versus Bobcats Game #4

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy