[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rokas Jokubaitis alert
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/1/2023  11:00 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Panos wrote:I haven't been super excited about Rokas (as I'm not sure he has the speed for the NBA), but I do hope even if he doesn't play for the Knicks, at least they can get some value for him as a trade asset unlike the other stash Euros the Knicks have drafted over the years.

Rokas still at least 1 move away from having a role here. Sure, I get excited watching the clips, but I also really like Quickley/Grimes/Deuce. Until we make some tough trade decisions and consolidate talent, don't see whose minutes he takes (and not sure he leapfrogs Deuce as next man up).

I share your hope. Hope he carries value of at least a mid to late 1st rounder for a future trade.

Agree. Rokas not this year, but next
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/1/2023  11:07 PM
martin wrote:

I don’t know - this may sound really harsh but based on the limited clips I’ve seen - like this one - he looks like slow left hand pg version of RJ Barrett

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
4/1/2023  11:10 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

I don’t know - this may sound really harsh but based on the limited clips I’ve seen - like this one - he looks like slow left hand pg version of RJ Barrett

Except Joku got an assist on that play.

This is the Randle.
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

4/2/2023  3:47 AM
With the Mavs suddenly in a tanking mode, the knicks may be left without a 1st round pick. Maybe this opens up a move to bring in Rokas next year. Not sure how i feel about this.with how this stand on the team, Deuce even if he has proven that he should be given minutes hasn't been given regular playing time. Not sure how Rokas will fit in, unless the front office decides on pulling the trigger on a blockbuster trade that depletes the team's depth.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/2/2023  4:37 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:With the Mavs suddenly in a tanking mode, the knicks may be left without a 1st round pick. Maybe this opens up a move to bring in Rokas next year. Not sure how i feel about this.with how this stand on the team, Deuce even if he has proven that he should be given minutes hasn't been given regular playing time. Not sure how Rokas will fit in, unless the front office decides on pulling the trigger on a blockbuster trade that depletes the team's depth.

First off Murphy's Law can still bite Dallas. Dallas may lose Kyrie in free agency, the pick can be pick 10 and fall back in the lottery and we get it at 11. If not we have the Dallas pick along with picks from Detroit, Washington, and Milwaukee incoming over the next few years which give us the option trade for established vets or for draft picks in the upcoming draft. Some teams have multiple first rounders this year may want to punt on a pick or two like Indiana who has three first rounders and I believe two second rounders. Maybe we obtain one of those first rounders for a future protected pick. I also don't trust draft experts saying the future drafts will be weak. Until you draft a kid and put him into a program and they compete and develop you'll never know what you got. It's not like draft experts get it right all the time. Plua the team will still likely trade their parents can for a veteran.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/2/2023  8:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2023  8:18 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:With the Mavs suddenly in a tanking mode, the knicks may be left without a 1st round pick. Maybe this opens up a move to bring in Rokas next year. Not sure how i feel about this.with how this stand on the team, Deuce even if he has proven that he should be given minutes hasn't been given regular playing time. Not sure how Rokas will fit in, unless the front office decides on pulling the trigger on a blockbuster trade that depletes the team's depth.

The crazy thing is dallas isn’t tanking and won’t at all unless they sit luka and kyrie the last couple of games. They are still only 1 game out of 10th and have to still go for that spot. But they are a team that can easily tank as they only have 2 good players really.

LivingLegend

4/2/2023  10:23 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Except Joku got an assist on that play.

Touché

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/2/2023  1:05 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Rokas is a smaller version of Doncic, that just sounds more palpable.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend

4/2/2023  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Rokas is a smaller version of Doncic, that just sounds more palpable.

Very well - Luka he is.

martin
USA
5/19/2023  8:55 PM
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/19/2023  10:44 PM

He didn't even catch an elbow... he smashed his face on the floor!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/19/2023  11:10 PM
martin wrote:

Did Sarūnas Jasikevicius feel sorry the Rok? I don't think I've ever seen him that relaxed in a huddle.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

5/30/2023  1:52 AM
I just want to get in on the ground floor of the Rokas hater industry. This guy is trash and the sooner we can convince Dallas to take a swing on this guy in return for getting Frank Ntilikina back in the orange and blue the better. How this guy ever got up to 17 pages astounds me. Is there a 40 page Fran Vasquez thread lurking in the depths of the uk fanpage?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/30/2023  8:47 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I just want to get in on the ground floor of the Rokas hater industry. This guy is trash and the sooner we can convince Dallas to take a swing on this guy in return for getting Frank Ntilikina back in the orange and blue the better. How this guy ever got up to 17 pages astounds me. Is there a 40 page Fran Vasquez thread lurking in the depths of the uk fanpage?
was Fran Vasquez ever regarded as one of EU's best young players?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/30/2023  9:00 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/1/Euroleague/awards/by-type/EuroLeague-Rising-Star-Award/71
BigDaddyG

5/30/2023  9:20 AM
Nalod wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/1/Euroleague/awards/by-type/EuroLeague-Rising-Star-Award/71

Yam Madar won it this year. I'm a fan and wanted us to draft him. The Rising Star award is a decent indicator of NBA success and I think the Rok can play. I just don't see an immediate pathway to him getting minutes here.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/30/2023  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2023  9:41 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/1/Euroleague/awards/by-type/EuroLeague-Rising-Star-Award/71

Yam Madar won it this year. I'm a fan and wanted us to draft him. The Rising Star award is a decent indicator of NBA success and I think the Rok can play. I just don't see an immediate pathway to him getting minutes here.

“Decent” is a reasonable descriptor. Often the better players destined for NBA don’t get big minutes. Its weird. Thus they don’t get the award either. Luka was different. He was that good.

I can see knicks doing what we did with Frank, elf, and others. Say trade IQ as part of consolidating trade for a 5 or a 2. Bring in a servicable vet back up to Brunson, but let Rokas earn it. Knicks want to win and this gives them the best of both worlds. Nobody took Elfs job that was there for the yoot to take and we still got to 4th seed that year. Just a thought or a path we have seen before. Don’t mean it works that way.

Most likely Roka might be desired by someone and we get a protected 1st or 2 2nds for him.

martin
USA
5/30/2023  10:01 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I just want to get in on the ground floor of the Rokas hater industry. This guy is trash and the sooner we can convince Dallas to take a swing on this guy in return for getting Frank Ntilikina back in the orange and blue the better. How this guy ever got up to 17 pages astounds me. Is there a 40 page Fran Vasquez thread lurking in the depths of the uk fanpage?

Why?

BigDaddyG

5/30/2023  11:05 AM
martin wrote:

Why?

Also, it's hard to get on the ground floor of any topic that's reached 16 pages. I think Panos already has Grady beat. I do think the Rok is more likely to be traded than wear a Knicks uni. He's said that he's reluctant to come over unless he's guaranteed minutes.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

5/30/2023  11:11 AM
martin wrote:

Why?

He's 22 and averaging 15 minutes a game and 5 points.

Rokas Jokubaitis alert

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy