[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/12/2017  6:38 PM
You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..
ES
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/12/2017  6:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..

what kind of trade would set us back 10 years? I am curious...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/12/2017  6:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:You guys dont even care if the trade sets the franchise back 10 yrs,as long as he's gone you'll be happy..
you are never satisfied. You hate the drafting,youth,signings,trades etc..
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2017  6:50 PM

How do picks and cap space set you back.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2017  6:52 PM

You must be referring to the 5 year extension they were going to sign Melo to in 2020, right?

That's 7 years but I get where you're going with that.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/12/2017  6:52 PM
Vmart wrote:

...and old growth (Melo) is cleared away for a new generation...KP/Frank/Willy/etc.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

7/12/2017  6:53 PM
Vmart wrote:

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/12/2017  6:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

he doesnt believe in picks and i guess he feels melo is still a great recruiter even though it has never been the case

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

7/12/2017  7:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

There was never cap space for Melo to recruit. The one time there was , Phil said he wanted a couple of pieces not one big name. One big name is not able to et other guys, even older guys, to sign for the mle. Not sure why that is so ard to figure out.
had a feeling you were gonna say that
Vmart
USA
7/12/2017  7:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

CrushAlot
USA
7/12/2017  7:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

had a feeling you were gonna say that

It s because every year when it gets to the end of June I hope the KNicks buy a pick to replace the one they traded away and hope that a good free agent is signed with the mle.
CrushAlot
USA
7/12/2017  7:11 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Don't go there. The Knicks created cap space but Melo is and was a weak recruiting players. Besides other players know right off the bat if they can with someone.

When? One year they got Tyson, the other year Phil wanted a couple of pieces and got Aflalo, Rolo and DWil.
Vmart
USA
7/12/2017  7:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

When? One year they got Tyson, the other year Phil wanted a couple of pieces and got Aflalo, Rolo and DWil.

You can't say he didn't have cap space. He could have gone to Phil this guy wants to play on our team.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/12/2017  7:32 PM
Via Traderumours/Hoopsrumours

Pelicans May Help Facilitate Carmelo Anthony TradeJuly 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm CST • By Arthur Hill

Earlier today, we told you the Rockets and Knicks were looking for a fourth team to help finalize a trade involving Carmelo Anthony. The Pelicans have expressed interest in becoming that fourth team, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post.

It’s not clear whether New Orleans would take on the three years and more than $61MM left on Ryan Anderson‘s contract or if he would go to another team. Anderson spent four years with the Pelicans franchise before signing with Houston last summer. The Rockets need to move his salary to make room for Anthony, while the Knicks have no need for Anderson because he plays the same position as Kristaps Porzingis and he goes against their new philosophy of avoiding older players on long-term deals.

Representatives for Anthony would like to see the deal get done this week, Berman adds. Houston has scheduled a press conference for Friday to officially welcome Chris Paul, but Berman sees little chance that the trade will be complete in time for Anthony to make a surprise appearance. Multiple sources tell Berman that no deal will happen until “well after” Friday. He states that the sides are getting closer to an agreement and are still “motivated,” but much work still remains. A proposed three-team trade reportedly “stalled” over the weekend, forcing the Rockets and Knicks to start the process over.

Sources tell Berman that Knicks acting presidentSteve Mills is so focused on the Anthony negotiations that it has prevented the team from finding a veteran point guard. There is speculation that New York may try to fill the position through the Anthony deal.

Houston’s first attempts to acquire Anthony were unsuccessful, Berman adds, because the Knicks were restructuring their front office after former president Phil Jackson was fired. However, ownerJames Dolan has now signed off on moving Anthony and plans to make Mills the new team president.

Insiders tell Berman that Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni initially wasn’t on board with acquiring Anthony because of their past differences in New York. However, with Paul, James Harden and Nene all pushing for the move, D’Antoni has been left with no choice.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/pelicans-may-help-facilitate-carmelo-anthony-trade.html?fv-home=true&post-id=69489

~You can't run from who you are.~
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/12/2017  7:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2017  7:39 PM
joec32033 wrote:Via Traderumours/Hoopsrumours

Pelicans May Help Facilitate Carmelo Anthony TradeJuly 12th, 2017 at 6:21pm CST • By Arthur Hill

Earlier today, we told you the Rockets and Knicks were looking for a fourth team to help finalize a trade involving Carmelo Anthony. The Pelicans have expressed interest in becoming that fourth team, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post.

It’s not clear whether New Orleans would take on the three years and more than $61MM left on Ryan Anderson‘s contract or if he would go to another team. Anderson spent four years with the Pelicans franchise before signing with Houston last summer. The Rockets need to move his salary to make room for Anthony, while the Knicks have no need for Anderson because he plays the same position as Kristaps Porzingis and he goes against their new philosophy of avoiding older players on long-term deals.

Representatives for Anthony would like to see the deal get done this week, Berman adds. Houston has scheduled a press conference for Friday to officially welcome Chris Paul, but Berman sees little chance that the trade will be complete in time for Anthony to make a surprise appearance. Multiple sources tell Berman that no deal will happen until “well after” Friday. He states that the sides are getting closer to an agreement and are still “motivated,” but much work still remains. A proposed three-team trade reportedly “stalled” over the weekend, forcing the Rockets and Knicks to start the process over.

Sources tell Berman that Knicks acting presidentSteve Mills is so focused on the Anthony negotiations that it has prevented the team from finding a veteran point guard. There is speculation that New York may try to fill the position through the Anthony deal.

Houston’s first attempts to acquire Anthony were unsuccessful, Berman adds, because the Knicks were restructuring their front office after former president Phil Jackson was fired. However, ownerJames Dolan has now signed off on moving Anthony and plans to make Mills the new team president.

Insiders tell Berman that Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni initially wasn’t on board with acquiring Anthony because of their past differences in New York. However, with Paul, James Harden and Nene all pushing for the move, D’Antoni has been left with no choice.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/pelicans-may-help-facilitate-carmelo-anthony-trade.html?fv-home=true&post-id=69489

Pelicans ain't got a thing that will help.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/12/2017  7:53 PM
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/12/2017  7:53 PM

Or maybe we do care and we are confident that getting rid of all the negativity this so called star has dragged us through six years will only make us better.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Sinix
Member: #7495

7/12/2017  8:00 PM
Get me Demarcus Cousins in some sort of a deal for Melo and I will gladly voice my support for Steve Mills.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2017  8:07 PM
fishmike wrote:

what kind of trade would set us back 10 years? I am curious...

The latest version of the trade I heard was that we were taking back players with 10 year contracts.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2017  8:09 PM
Sinix wrote:Get me Demarcus Cousins in some sort of a deal for Melo and I will gladly voice my support for Steve Mills.

Based on the things you've been saying, I hope Mills never has your support.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy