[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Other games thread.......Place to chat about games on TV not Knicks.
Author Thread
NYDiva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4387

2/5/2013  11:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
Uptown wrote:D-Will and and Average Joe a combined 9-28......And Kobe dunked on the whole team...I love it

SO overrated. For all the hype surrounding their backcourt, the best and most consistent player on that team is Bropez.

Shaq was absolutely on the money when he said he'd take Bropez over Howard on Open Court. Folks thought he was hating. He, of all people, KNOWS talent from the center position.

Not a fan of Deron, in fact I don't care for him. However, he is supposed to need surgery on his wrist. When he wanted to play last year against Lin he was unstoppable.

A friend and I were discussing the dropoff in Felton's play earlier this season. I told him that I wasn't making excuses for him, but that he's playing with bone bruises on both hands. His response was that if he's on the court, he's well enough to play, so he's gotta be held accountable.

He was right. If Deron is truly hurt, he shouldn't be on the court. If he is, he's got to be held accountable for his play.

AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Member: #4333

2/6/2013  1:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  1:09 AM
NYDiva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
Uptown wrote:D-Will and and Average Joe a combined 9-28......And Kobe dunked on the whole team...I love it

SO overrated. For all the hype surrounding their backcourt, the best and most consistent player on that team is Bropez.

Shaq was absolutely on the money when he said he'd take Bropez over Howard on Open Court. Folks thought he was hating. He, of all people, KNOWS talent from the center position.

Not a fan of Deron, in fact I don't care for him. However, he is supposed to need surgery on his wrist. When he wanted to play last year against Lin he was unstoppable.

A friend and I were discussing the dropoff in Felton's play earlier this season. I told him that I wasn't making excuses for him, but that he's playing with bone bruises on both hands. His response was that if he's on the court, he's well enough to play, so he's gotta be held accountable.

He was right. If Deron is truly hurt, he shouldn't be on the court. If he is, he's got to be held accountable for his play.

That's interesting because when Lin wouldn't play for us last year injured he was called a wuss/fake, felt he would hurt the team. When he started the season playing for Houston off the knee injury no excuses were made for him.....he was laughed at for not performing well.

Some had proper perspective and expected some highs and lows with him this season but figured things would even out as the season progressed.

3G4G

2/6/2013  1:12 AM
Right now as of how he's currently playing...Paul George is the 3rd best small forward in the league. His all around play and versatility can no longer be ignored what a freakin beast.

Nuggets are fuego and still have the 3rd SOS in the NBA...22-9 since a .500 9-9 start

3G4G

2/6/2013  1:36 AM
Chris Webber and his lengthy Gallinari whine on on NBAtv....incredibly hilarious.....
NYDiva

2/6/2013  1:37 AM
3G4G wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:

That's interesting because when Lin wouldn't play for us last year injured he was called a wuss/fake, felt he would hurt the team. When he started the season playing for Houston off the knee injury no excuses were made for him.....he was laughed at for not performing well.

Some had proper perspective and expected some highs and lows with him this season but figured things would even out as the season progressed.

Yeah, I wasn't posting here while Jeremy Lin was on the team, so...

But I'd guess the comments stemmed from his saying that he was 85%. Perhaps they felt that if an athlete is 85%, they should be playing for their team in the playoffs.

As for Lin's play on the Rockets...I've been kind of apathetic to it. I'm more interested in what Harden is doing on that squad. Their three-point shooting exhibition tonight was off the hook, however. Although I liked Mark Jackson and the Dubs refusal to let them break the record, lol.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/6/2013  1:47 AM
I agree, when Dwill is motivated, he's arguable the best at his position, he's been taking nights off his whole career, it's not just because of some injuries..

I could her PJ now telling dwill to PUT SOME MUSTARD ON THOSE PASSES!! just hope he doesnt go spreewell on him

ES
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/6/2013  2:37 AM
3G4G wrote:Right now as of how he's currently playing...Paul George is the 3rd best small forward in the league. His all around play and versatility can no longer be ignored what a freakin beast.

Nuggets are fuego and still have the 3rd SOS in the NBA...22-9 since a .500 9-9 start

so you are saying lebron, Durant and George? I do like george a lot, he is turning into a fantastic two way player... have no argument there at this point.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/6/2013  3:50 AM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Right now as of how he's currently playing...Paul George is the 3rd best small forward in the league. His all around play and versatility can no longer be ignored what a freakin beast.

so you are saying lebron, Durant and George? I do like george a lot, he is turning into a fantastic two way player... have no argument there at this point.....

HE is pretty good really coming on but he is not there yet. He is on the path that Granger was on, an en vogue "under rated" player but George has much to prove and needs to improve his all around game. What he has going for him though that a lot of wing players did not have early is the 3 ball. That what separates him from Deng, Iggy, Butler, and Gay.

OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/6/2013  8:50 AM

Sorry but as good as George might be LeBron, Melo and Durant are hands down easily better players, and honestly I don't know if I'd choose George over Deng either.
OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/6/2013  8:51 AM
Oh and...nobody gonna mention how Dragič (with the flu) single handedly took care of Grizzlies in the 4th quarter?
NYDiva

2/6/2013  9:04 AM
Seriously, Dragic is one of my favorite PGs in the league. Majorly underrated.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/6/2013  9:36 AM
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:rockets 16-20 from three... LOL.. wow!!!!!

What is that a typo!!!!!!

lol.. nah guns, they were on fire... there was no way any team was going to beat them the way the three was falling.. I mean for the love of god.. lin had 5 threes.. 5-8

Did you guys see the end of the game. The Rockets tied the NBA record for made 3's and the crowd was egging them on yelling "One more 3!". Beverly slammed one home and gyrated all over the place and Action Jackson was pissed. He told his team he does not want the record set on them. Beverly going for another 3 and one of the Warriors reserves hit him in the face for a flagrant foul. Morris went after him and both were ejected. After that, Action Jackson got his team to intentionally foul the Rockets so they can't even attempt a 3. Jackson walked straight towards the end of the court to the locker rooms and waited for his team and not looking at McHale's way. I think a rivalry is born. Can't wait until tuesday when these 2 teams play each other again at GS. Warrior players yelling at Rocket players..."3 more games!"

3G4G

2/6/2013  10:39 AM
tkf wrote:

Yeah as of not now but RIGHT NOW I'd have to go...

Durant
Lebron
George

In that order. I can't ignore what this young stud is doing on both sides of the ball. He's pretty much an ELITE 2-WAY player. He locks it down and is uncanny with his Dynamic play. It's incredible how productive he is offensively when he doesn't have tons of sets called for him.

yellowboy90

2/6/2013  11:11 AM
3G4G wrote:
tkf wrote:

Durant
Lebron
George

In that order. I can't ignore what this young stud is doing on both sides of the ball. He's pretty much an ELITE 2-WAY player. He locks it down and is uncanny with his Dynamic play. It's incredible how productive he is offensively when he doesn't have tons of sets called for him.

Elite two way player? What's elite about him offensively and defensively?

tkf
2/6/2013  11:23 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:rockets 16-20 from three... LOL.. wow!!!!!

What is that a typo!!!!!!

lol.. nah guns, they were on fire... there was no way any team was going to beat them the way the three was falling.. I mean for the love of god.. lin had 5 threes.. 5-8

Did you guys see the end of the game. The Rockets tied the NBA record for made 3's and the crowd was egging them on yelling "One more 3!". Beverly slammed one home and gyrated all over the place and Action Jackson was pissed. He told his team he does not want the record set on them. Beverly going for another 3 and one of the Warriors reserves hit him in the face for a flagrant foul. Morris went after him and both were ejected. After that, Action Jackson got his team to intentionally foul the Rockets so they can't even attempt a 3. Jackson walked straight towards the end of the court to the locker rooms and waited for his team and not looking at McHale's way. I think a rivalry is born. Can't wait until tuesday when these 2 teams play each other again at GS. Warrior players yelling at Rocket players..."3 more games!"

I love that by jackson, heck, I don't blame him, and the rockets should not try to rub it in, but a record is a record,and it is the job of the other team to stop it.. I have no problem with what Jackson did... the league needs good rivalries.. two young teams on the rise!! lets get it on!! LOL

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/6/2013  11:24 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/5/3957532/rockets-warriors-three-pointer-record-mark-jackson

tkf
2/6/2013  11:29 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
3G4G wrote:
tkf wrote:

Durant
Lebron
George

do you watch this kid play.. he is a premier defender and a very good scorer.. you don't have to take 25 shots and score 25 ppg to be a good scorer... he has all the tools, a complete game... he is a joy to watch... he can also score in many ways.. from deep, driving, off screens, he is rounding into a nasty player... I say he is already as good as granger is.. Honestly...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  11:31 AM
WOW lol
yellowboy90

2/6/2013  11:32 AM
tkf wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
3G4G wrote:
tkf wrote:

Durant
Lebron
George

do you watch this kid play.. he is a premier defender and a very good scorer.. you don't have to take 25 shots and score 25 ppg to be a good scorer... he has all the tools, a complete game... he is a joy to watch... he can also score in many ways.. from deep, driving, off screens, he is rounding into a nasty player... I say he is already as good as granger is.. Honestly...

actually I do watch him play and like him but he is not elite offensively imho and I need to see more defensively even though he has elite tools and is a premier defender. Imho he may be an elite defender but calling him an elite offensive player is also calling Rudy Gay elite.

tkf
2/6/2013  11:35 AM
3G4G wrote:
tkf wrote:

Durant
Lebron
George

yea, the pacers don't have granger, Hibbert is not playing at the level he did last year, yet the pacers are right there near the top in the east.. when I watch certain players, I look at everything they do when they are not shooting.. this guy is very much engaged in every aspect of the game, especially on defense.... if I had to chose and lebron and Durant are gone.. I take George.. yea, yea, even over my homie gallo who would be my 4th choice at SF..... I just like these rangy guys who can do multiple things at the SF spot.. Deng would also get much consideration from me as well..

Other games thread.......Place to chat about games on TV not Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy