[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA 2026 offseason, let the trades and signings begin
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Posts: 30527
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
7/2/2026  8:58 AM
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Mavs traded for Aldama. Derek Lively in play?

Isn’t he injured in some fundamental, concerning way?

I’m focused more on charlotte. They got that center last year w the long name starts with K, and I think they like him. But also have Diabate who I’d like to snag

Diabate should be #1 target. Hornets probably view Knicks as desperate though and will look to drive up the price. Lively could possibly be used as leverage.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Posts: 33662
Alba Posts: 27
Joined: 7/5/2004
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2026  9:04 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Mavs traded for Aldama. Derek Lively in play?

Isn’t he injured in some fundamental, concerning way?

I’m focused more on charlotte. They got that center last year w the long name starts with K, and I think they like him. But also have Diabate who I’d like to snag

Diabate should be #1 target. Hornets probably view Knicks as desperate though and will look to drive up the price. Lively could possibly be used as leverage.

Would you trade Deuce for him? I think thats the question.

Knicks_Fan
martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2026  9:14 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Mavs traded for Aldama. Derek Lively in play?

Isn’t he injured in some fundamental, concerning way?

I’m focused more on charlotte. They got that center last year w the long name starts with K, and I think they like him. But also have Diabate who I’d like to snag

Diabate should be #1 target. Hornets probably view Knicks as desperate though and will look to drive up the price. Lively could possibly be used as leverage.

Would you trade Deuce for him? I think thats the question.

Deuce would fit the mold of what they are building and fit the roster.

Deuce would be in the same extend eligible category as KAT Hart too.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Posts: 22728
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

7/2/2026  10:30 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
He turned down 21mm per, right?

He opted into an 8 million player option. I'm sure most of these guys know what offers are out there before making those choices. Biggest problem I see is that he doesn't seem to have a motor.

Ayton was probably my biggest mistake in prediction. When the Suns played the Bucks I thought he was pretty clearly the best player in Phoenix. Suns actually had a positive point differentiatial during his Finals minutes, he just didn't have the stamina to play as much as Giannis. Since then it's been all downhill.

I mean heck, I really like Ben Simmons too. It would be interesting to see how those guys would perform on the Knicks now that we have one of, if not the, strongest organizations in the league.

MaTT4281
Posts: 35570
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
7/2/2026  11:50 AM
Can't recall which thread his name came up in, but Bagley off the board.

Swishfm3
Posts: 23386
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2003
Member: #392
7/2/2026  1:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Mavs traded for Aldama. Derek Lively in play?

Isn’t he injured in some fundamental, concerning way?

I’m focused more on charlotte. They got that center last year w the long name starts with K, and I think they like him. But also have Diabate who I’d like to snag

Diabate should be #1 target. Hornets probably view Knicks as desperate though and will look to drive up the price. Lively could possibly be used as leverage.

Dude is a center? He weighs like 200lb!

aggo
Posts: 20097
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/5/2026
Member: #11710

7/2/2026  1:27 PM
Knicks are going to have to be very careful on Kats og and Mikals next extension. Guys over 30 making 50m, Anthony Davis, butler, pg etc all basically had negative trade value.
martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2026  2:41 PM
Good signing

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
Posts: 33662
Alba Posts: 27
Joined: 7/5/2004
Member: #691
USA
7/2/2026  3:20 PM
martin wrote:Good signing

Building a nice bench

Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Posts: 35570
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
7/2/2026  4:07 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:Good signing

Building a nice bench

Anyone recall how he looked next to Brown?

Chandler
Posts: 27474
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

7/2/2026  4:32 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:Good signing

Building a nice bench

Anyone recall how he looked next to Brown?

Streaky O but when he’s on he’s hot

Not much D

(5)(7)
gradyandrew
Posts: 22728
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

7/2/2026  10:39 PM
Simons to Philly? Damn! Do these guys know there's only one ball?
EwingsGlass
Posts: 27959
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
7/3/2026  2:28 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
He turned down 21mm per, right?

He opted into an 8 million player option. I'm sure most of these guys know what offers are out there before making those choices. Biggest problem I see is that he doesn't seem to have a motor.

Ayton was probably my biggest mistake in prediction. When the Suns played the Bucks I thought he was pretty clearly the best player in Phoenix. Suns actually had a positive point differentiatial during his Finals minutes, he just didn't have the stamina to play as much as Giannis. Since then it's been all downhill.

I mean heck, I really like Ben Simmons too. It would be interesting to see how those guys would perform on the Knicks now that we have one of, if not the, strongest organizations in the league.

You are correct. Not sure where I got him turning down 21m. The Mark Bryant connection is there, but would need to give up McBride + to get him.

Just think they need a big body to move guys off the block.

You know I gonna spin wit it
martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2026  9:21 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Posts: 22728
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

7/3/2026  9:55 AM
martin wrote:

Queta and Robinson for less than Kessler.

MaTT4281
Posts: 35570
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
7/3/2026  12:09 PM
This is as big as any FA signing for them. If they had any sort of experience last year other than Pop and Duncan in the stands?

martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2026  12:56 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2026  1:00 PM
Shams going all in on reporting 2-way deals and the agents in the black hole left by WOJ Bombs leaves a lot to be desired. Holy boot licking

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Posts: 35570
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
7/3/2026  1:08 PM
^ Shams is pretty unbearable to watch on TV too, and they keep putting him in front of the camera. Not that Woj oozed charisma, but this is painful.
martin
Posts: 81782
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2026  1:16 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NBA 2026 offseason, let the trades and signings begin

©2001-2025 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy