[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sean May is the real deal......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/4/2005  10:57 PM
Forget about anyone else on the board right now, this dude is single handedly destroying Illinois. If he is still on the board, Isiah better grab this kid is he is still available.....NC the home of MJ...

this dude is from a big school with one of the best tradition in college basketball. He is from a great family, and knows how to play the game of basketball. His court vision is superb, and most of all demand the ball in the post. He will be a big time player in the league. It is imperative to draft this kid if he declares for the draft...

[Edited by - diderotn on 04/04/2005 23:03:52]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/4/2005  11:02 PM
so was danny manning, chritian laettner & mateen cleaves
diderotn
USA
4/4/2005  11:05 PM
What shool were they from?????? all the kids from Carolina are proven winners.. Say what you want, the big names from Carolina have all proved that they can play in this league...

Posted by gunsnewing:

gunsnewing
USA
4/4/2005  11:07 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What shool were they from?????? all the kids from Carolina are proven winners.. Say what you want, the big names from Carolina have all proved that they can play in this league...

Posted by gunsnewing:

brandon haywood & eric montross are really tearing up the nba aren't they.

I like Sean May but I wouldn't go to crazy about a 6'8 guy dominating college centers

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/04/2005 23:12:30]
diderotn
USA
4/4/2005  11:12 PM
Was he a big name in college??? no. Beside, he is doing fairly well this year...

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:

brandon haywood is really tearing up the nba isnt he
diderotn
USA
4/4/2005  11:16 PM
Illinois has a lot of shooters....They are deadly from long range...I guaranty you that they can beat our knicks.

Marvin Williams is a big dude, but he plays like Timmy Thomas

[Edited by - diderotn on 04/04/2005 23:20:57]
gunsnewing
USA
4/4/2005  11:17 PM
but you're right UNC has the tendency to produce multiple star players:

Rasheed Wallace/Jerry Stackhouse

Vince Carter/Antawn Jamison

I just think the players on this team who will translate into nba stars are Marvin Williams, mcCants and maybe felton.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/04/2005 23:23:43]
diderotn
USA
4/4/2005  11:30 PM
Williams is not a big game player, he shied away from the lime light. May has carried this team for the last 3 weeks, exactly what MJ did with the Carolinas. He is the real deal, he is worth it..

Posted by gunsnewing:

but you're right UNC has the tendency to produce multiple star players:

Rasheed Wallace/Jerry Stackhouse

Vince Carter/Antawn Jamison

I just think the players on this team who will translate into nba stars are Marvin Williams, mcCants and maybe felton.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/04/2005 23:23:43]
gunsnewing
USA
4/4/2005  11:35 PM
so did laettner. only grant hill was the one who became an nba star
diderotn
USA
4/4/2005  11:40 PM
Laetner was from Duke....It is imperative to shy away from all of the Duke's products. They are good players, but they can never seem to put it all together in the pros. Grant did well, and he is still trying to do his best, but for whatever reasons, they all seem to be doomed

Posted by gunsnewing:

so did laettner. only grant hill was the one who became an nba star
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/4/2005  11:56 PM
It's impossible to know how these guys will do in the NBA. I've been trying to think of an NBA player that I think May will turn out to be similar to. The best comparison that comes to my mind is Carlos Boozer. I think he'll be better than Sweetney and Othella Harrington, but I really doubt he'll be as good as Elton Brand and I'm not sure about him being as good as Zach Randolph (talent-wise, not attitude-wise).
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/4/2005  11:59 PM
Carlos Boozer doesn't sound quite right, but I can't think of one either, though I agree with your comparisons relative to other players. He actually reminds me a lot of Sweets, but I think you're right that he'll be better than Sweets in the league.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/5/2005  12:07 AM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Carlos Boozer doesn't sound quite right, but I can't think of one either, though I agree with your comparisons relative to other players. He actually reminds me a lot of Sweets, but I think you're right that he'll be better than Sweets in the league.
He might be a better defensive player than Boozer. It's hard to tell from watching him against guys in the NCAA. It'll be very different when guys like Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, Kevin Garent, etc. are guarding him and he's guarding them.
diderotn
USA
4/5/2005  12:13 AM
That boy showed some balls, especially in the last three weeks. I understand where you are coming from, but Sweet doesnt demand the ball like he should as a big man. That young May can flat our establish himself in the post, and most of all, he is not affraid of doing the things that he does best. He is not like Sweet at all. He is much smaller and most of all, he has the killer instinct in him..

Posted by Bonn1997:

He might be a better defensive player than Boozer. It's hard to tell from watching him against guys in the NCAA. It'll be very different when guys like Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, Kevin Garent, etc. are guarding him and he's guarding them.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/5/2005  12:22 AM
As I said, I think he'll be better than Sweets in the league, but right now he looks a lot like Sweets looked at Georgetown.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/5/2005  12:22 AM
Posted by diderotn:

That boy showed some balls, especially in the last three weeks. I understand where you are coming from, but Sweet doesnt demand the ball like he should as a big man. That young May can flat our establish himself in the post, and most of all, he is not affraid of doing the things that he does best. He is not like Sweet at all. He is much smaller and most of all, he has the killer instinct in him..

Posted by Bonn1997:

you guys totally forget Sweetney from College, who was much more dominant than Sean May... stop drinking UNC's protein shakes.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2005  12:27 AM
Dido,

Heat of the moment, the dude is good, but he is being fed. He has nice moves, but look at whom he is doing it too. Sweets looked better in college. This team creates space for him.

He is nice, but this ain't the nba!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/5/2005  12:35 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Dido,

Heat of the moment, the dude is good, but he is being fed. He has nice moves, but look at whom he is doing it too. Sweets looked better in college. This team creates space for him.

He is nice, but this ain't the nba!

I don't get that. None of these college guys are in the NBA. Sean May has played in other games this year besides this one. He gave it to Michigan State pretty good too days ago and they have good size there.

How come a guy like Warrick gets the benifit of the doubt? I think Warrick is a bum. Vermont shut Warrick down down the stretch and showed he is limited when he has the ball in his hands in must score situations.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
USA
4/5/2005  12:41 AM
warrick doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in my book. if I had to choose between warrick and and May I would choose Sean May.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/5/2005  1:09 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

warrick doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in my book. if I had to choose between warrick and and May I would choose Sean May.
yeah, warrick doesnt get props here. we've been talking up Gerald Green, Bogut and Petro - guys who have the size to be something in the NBA

Sean May could be a Malik Rose at his best probably... he's just not an Elton Brand/Boozer even - but what has Brand done really?
Sean May is the real deal......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy