[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pigs are a flyin' , the Knicks won two in a row, and Playa was right
Author Thread
subzero0
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #410
11/24/2003  11:11 PM
Wow. I have to say, after that last game Playa looks like a genious. I owe playa an apology. I said Shandon Anderson only use should be handing the knicks Gaterade beverages during timeouts. But I have to say I was wrong. The man has helped us win two in a row, which is more than i can say for this team when they were healthy.

Playa was right all along.

(Dont get to happy playa. We still have a hump to get over and i still say we will need the rooks to help us out.)
AUTOADVERT
TRU
Member: #196
USA
11/24/2003  11:35 PM
To quote Winston Wolfe in "Pulp Fiction":

"Let's not all start suckin' eachother's d*cks just yet..."
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/24/2003  11:38 PM
Posted by TRU:

Damn straight, TRU. I couldn't have put it better.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
subzero0
Member: #410
11/24/2003  11:55 PM
Hey man, i always tell it how it is. If i disagree with the guy, i always let him know it. If i agree with him then i let him know it also. But if i am wrong then i will be the first one to say it.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/25/2003  6:43 AM
Sub , these others aren't man enough to admit that, I really don't care what they say about me(personaly) I know what I believe. If you go and read my post you will see I have been evaluating this team not just criticising it alone. The big mouth majority screams loud and followers listen to them, that's ok let them keep on talking and the knicks will keep on walking away with the "BIG W".( THIS APPLIES TO THOSE WHO OPPOSE ME) This is what the problem is, I accept this knicks team as is and you don't. I can accept this management because I can't control or change a thing they do and you don't. I root for this team regardless of what the suits do and you won't. I choose not to continue to ridicule and bash management and you choose too. I choose to have patience for this team to jell and you don't. I accept Chaney as the KNICKS head coach and saw that the players were playing hard for him you won't This is where the hate comes from ! GET THE PICTURE! MY ADVICE IS "FIRE YOURSELF"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TRU
USA
11/25/2003  6:49 AM

Tempered enthusiasm. That's all this two game winning streak warrants, and that's all it's gonna get.

But, I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying it is a great day to be a Knick fan. I haven't woke up this happy in weeks. It wasn't just the fact that they won, improbably. It was how they did it.

We saw three dunks last night. Deke waved his finer, for us, playa, hardcore, sub... he waved it for us. It was like I was out there, taunting the celting crowd. So satisfying.

Here's what he had to say about it:

"He's a brand-new kid and he didn't see me," Mutombo said of Banks. "I wouldn't let the kid get one shot over me. I'm glad he got a finger-wag. It's going to be on television all over the country."
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
playa2

11/25/2003  6:49 AM
Posted by TRU:

Tru it was ok for y'all to have no patience for the Knicks and Chaney to pre-ejaculate like a tweenie ?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TRU
USA
11/25/2003  7:15 AM

Come on, man. "Patience" is my last name. TRU Patience. That's me.

You can tell from my signature how I've always felt about this team. Hopefully they can get it together for the showdown in Minnesota.

We'll need big minutes from Deke to deal with Garnett, hopefully Chaney will leave him in.

Still don't understand why Jersey chose Morning over Deke. I'm sure they regret it now...
playa2

11/25/2003  7:47 AM
Tru , it's called ego and Byron Scott has a big one! Last yr I criticised scott for not playing Mutumbo more in finals and took a lot of flak for it. And now Deke is proving he has much game left and Jersey better look out the next time they play.

Key word for the knicks is "TRUST"
bernard
Member: #475
11/25/2003  9:56 AM
Scott didn't choose Mourning over Motumbo. Nor did Rod Thorn. It was Jason Kidd, who is proving to be a lousy GM. He's also responsible for Rodney Rogers in NJ.

So sad about Alonso. Actually, don't blame the Nets (or Kidd) for signing him. Think it was a calculated risk that didn't pan out. Easy to say how stupid they are now, in hindsight. W/ Mourning, they could have had a shot at the title ... and they've shown over the last 2 years they don't have much of a shot w/o him, so you got to like them taking a chance.

But I agree with you Playa, should have played Motumbo more in the San Antonio series. He had a couple of stretches where he changed the nature of the game. Then he'd have trouble getting back in. In fact, his play in that series was what left me hopeful when the Knicks picked him up.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/25/2003  10:01 AM
Posted by bernard:

Scott didn't choose Mourning over Motumbo. Nor did Rod Thorn. It was Jason Kidd, who is proving to be a lousy GM. He's also responsible for Rodney Rogers in NJ.

So sad about Alonso. Actually, don't blame the Nets (or Kidd) for signing him. Think it was a calculated risk that didn't pan out. Easy to say how stupid they are now, in hindsight. W/ Mourning, they could have had a shot at the title ... and they've shown over the last 2 years they don't have much of a shot w/o him, so you got to like them taking a chance.

They never had a shot at the title. Not with or without mourning. I doubt they would even make the finals this year. Your right about Jason Kidd wanting him and not the management. Don't forget getting rid of KVH cause Kenyon hated him was also a popular player's move.

Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin are whinners and they piss me off more than Shandon pisses me off. They think they are good but the only reason they can score is cause Jason gets them the ball in a good spot. I would take Drew Gooden over Richard Jefferson any day and I would Take Pau over Kenyon Martin.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/25/2003  10:02 AM

Winston wolf quote, Damm Funny application. LOL, THanks.

Eisley, Fatspoon, Eisley leading the team to two wins. Go figure.

Teams should be lining up for those guys now!

Goes to show at least Fatspoon is not ready for a buy out and can contribute in the NBA. just takes the Phat Phucker an extra month to get in shape. Eisley and Shandon need minute.s.

Laydens a genious! LOL.

Unlikley heroes, its two in a row for what its worth.

Shows one thing, the team is listening to its coach again, and some momentum can be had from this.

But as Mr. Wolfe says................
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
ARES
Member: #406
11/25/2003  2:49 PM
funny how two in a row is like a nba chamiponship for ny, i really feel bad for New york knick fans. yall deserve more.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
11/25/2003  3:31 PM
These 2 wins and any win for example, is hurting the team more and more, due to the fact that they are having less likely of a chance to get a #1 pick in the draft. Sigh. Open up your eyes guys! We need to lose. Losing is winning in the long run. We are not going anywhere with this team. As much as I want to support them by having them win, it's better to support them by losing. I'm sure a lot of you agree with me.

But Shandon did have a good game. If he could do that consitantly, we could trade him for a younger player, to a team that needs someone like Shandon. The problem is, he isn't consistant.

I hope the Knicks are so far from making the playoffs, that they can play the players like Shandon and Eisley and have them propell and do better so we can trade them and get younger players, or players with expiring contracts. You all know you agree with me!
ARES
Member: #406
11/25/2003  3:33 PM
long island

many guys on this board think they are going to the championship
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/25/2003  4:18 PM
Ares,

We might be going to the championship, but where you going?
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
TRU
USA
11/25/2003  4:24 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

These 2 wins and any win for example, is hurting the team more and more, due to the fact that they are having less likely of a chance to get a #1 pick in the draft. Sigh. Open up your eyes guys! We need to lose. Losing is winning in the long run. We are not going anywhere with this team. As much as I want to support them by having them win, it's better to support them by losing. I'm sure a lot of you agree with me.

But Shandon did have a good game. If he could do that consitantly, we could trade him for a younger player, to a team that needs someone like Shandon. The problem is, he isn't consistant.

I hope the Knicks are so far from making the playoffs, that they can play the players like Shandon and Eisley and have them propell and do better so we can trade them and get younger players, or players with expiring contracts. You all know you agree with me!

A post like this make me serioiusly question your basketball knowledge. Just because you draft young doesn't guarantee that you'll win a championship. It doesn't even mean that you'll go deep into the playoffs. See Chicago, the Clippers... etc.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/25/2003  5:01 PM
He's also talking about trading Shandon. I'm all for that. I would rather had a yound 1st round pick than Shandon!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
11/25/2003  6:07 PM
there is no way any nba team is going to throw games on purpose just for more ping pong balls. Especially not this early in the season. Why bother even playing the games if they want to lose? look at cleveland and lebron. they may build the franchise around him but they are still gonna suck this year.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
playa2

11/25/2003  6:14 PM
Weird posting , the knicks winning really brings out the silly postas
Pigs are a flyin' , the Knicks won two in a row, and Playa was right

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy