[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With the first pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Adam Morrison F Gonzaga
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2006  11:12 AM
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/26/2006  11:12 AM
At this point, I'm only concerned about the 2007 draft.
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
1/26/2006  11:15 AM
With the first pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Greg Oden

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2006  11:20 AM
I've been thinking about this and I don't have a problem with isiah trading this year's unrestricted- he should have stipulated that if this year's was a lotto pick, then the swap next year was off. I think Pax could have accepted that.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
1/26/2006  11:21 AM
Isiah has proven to be a poor negotiator.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/26/2006  11:24 AM
Some people don't know how to let things go.. this must keep you up at night.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
OAK
Japan
1/26/2006  11:25 AM
yes, it does.
BRIGGS
1/26/2006  11:28 AM
Posted by franco12:

I've been thinking about this and I don't have a problem with isiah trading this year's unrestricted- he should have stipulated that if this year's was a lotto pick, then the swap next year was off. I think Pax could have accepted that.

Last time i say this, but really--what wouldve been wrong with a top 5 protected pick and no swappy thing next year? Were teams breaking down Chicago's door for a player that was not insurable and no one touched in free agency? why did we bid against ourselves again? why couldnt we be more patient.

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

couldnt we use 1 of these guys?
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2006  11:36 AM
Posted by OAK:

With the first pick the CHICAGO BULLS select............

OAK
Japan
1/26/2006  11:43 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by OAK:

With the first pick the CHICAGO BULLS select............

Oh, yeah. My bad.

misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
1/26/2006  12:32 PM
>Rich - Isiah has proven to be a poor negotiator.

Yeah, he really botched signing Larry Brown. Sheesh. What negotiations are you referring to exactly?

What next? Isiah makes a poor dinner guest?
once a knick always a knick
bigbeast
Member: #1060

1/26/2006  12:40 PM
Isiah did a poor job of not protecting the lotto pick at leats in the top five. You can't deny that. Knicks were the only team in a position to land Curry, so Isiah negotiated against himself. No need to give them this years lotto, and possible next years.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
FireIsiah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1029

1/26/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Isiah did a poor job of not protecting the lotto pick at leats in the top five. You can't deny that. Knicks were the only team in a position to land Curry, so Isiah negotiated against himself. No need to give them this years lotto, and possible next years.

This is why Isiah should be fired. He is an awful GM who has increased payroll and the team got worse.
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/26/2006  1:17 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>Rich - Isiah has proven to be a poor negotiator.

Yeah, he really botched signing Larry Brown. Sheesh. What negotiations are you referring to exactly?

What next? Isiah makes a poor dinner guest?

Jerome James & Vin Baker were horrible FA signings by Isiah... i don't think even the most avid Isiah supporter can argue against that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2006  1:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

Last time i say this, but really--what wouldve been wrong with a top 5 protected pick and no swappy thing next year? Were teams breaking down Chicago's door for a player that was not insurable and no one touched in free agency? why did we bid against ourselves again? why couldnt we be more patient.

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

I don't mind him not protecting the pick- he fully expected to be better and a top five pick isn't bad compenstation for Curry. But, he should have put a condition on the 07 pick that there would be no swap if the 06 was a lotto pick.
tkf
Member: #87
1/26/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

I am not losing any sleep over not being able to draft any of those guys, especially sheldon williams, he doesn't impress me at all..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2006  2:29 PM
I'm just worried about next year's draft. We have to do whatever it takes to be better than the Bulls next year, because the ultimate blow would be us sucking again next year and Chicago landing Oden
BRIGGS
1/26/2006  7:53 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

I am not losing any sleep over not being able to draft any of those guys, especially sheldon williams, he doesn't impress me at all..

Yeah, me neither. Dont want Morrison--slow white guy--man he cant play nba basketball--oh and especially sheldan williams he stinks we couldnt use him on our roster jackie butler is better than him rudy gau hes got nothing on trevor ariza i mean we have all seen trevor monster jam on ben wallace you're right our players are great, we dont really need anyone we got all the bases covered.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Member: #87
1/26/2006  8:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by franco12:

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

Yeah, me neither. Dont want Morrison--slow white guy--man he cant play nba basketball--oh and especially sheldan williams he stinks we couldnt use him on our roster jackie butler is better than him rudy gau hes got nothing on trevor ariza i mean we have all seen trevor monster jam on ben wallace you're right our players are great, we dont really need anyone we got all the bases covered.

Briggs I don't want sheldon williams at the expense of curry, neither do I want Morrison or gay at the expense of curry, that is the point, now if we didn't have curry, then we could use any warm body that would suit up for us, especially if we were a lottery team again. Understand? If we didn't have curry and drafted morrison we would need a center? right? so What the hell are you talking about Briggs?!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
1/26/2006  8:33 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by franco12:

If I say the top 5 guys
Morrison
Aldridge
Gay
Carney
Sheld Williams

Briggs I don't want sheldon williams at the expense of curry, neither do I want Morrison or gay at the expense of curry, that is the point, now if we didn't have curry, then we could use any warm body that would suit up for us, especially if we were a lottery team again. Understand? If we didn't have curry and drafted morrison we would need a center? right? so What the hell are you talking about Briggs?!!

Read the thread dude. Im saying we SHOULD have had TOp 5 protection on the pick, we shouldve been patient, NO team was giving Curry anything near what NY gave him, nor was any team giving up a solid young prospcet a number 1 and 2 number 2s. No reason to make it unprotected and no reason to swap picks. this was an act of stupidity--they thought that they were going to be good and they were wrong. Having some sort of protection is like insurance--and when you dont buy insurance you get fcked like we will.

RIP Crushalot😞
With the first pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Adam Morrison F Gonzaga

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy