[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if you watched the game last night you see what I mean about Frye's rebounding
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/26/2006  7:07 AM
He's always out of position and he doesnt body up on guys. 3 times I saw Kenny Thomas tip balls out to a Kings player on the perimeter. Add to that he cant defend anyone right now.

So if your wondering why his minutes are down its pretty clear to me
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/26/2006  8:13 AM
Frye is a really good rookie and will be a good player, but we made a HUGE mistake not taking Bynum. If you believe that defense and rebounding=championships, and realizing that no matter the short cut, we werent going to be a good team for a few years--we shouldve taken the guy with the higher upside on the defensive side of the court.

Teams that have good defensive players give themselves a good chance to win. Our ENTIRE roster is not built like that, so matter the mumbo jumbo that LB puts together it wont win because its not balanced.

RIP Crushalot😞
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/26/2006  8:29 AM
briggs i really hope to see u live long enough to see that frye was a way better pick than bynum
Had enough Melo?
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/26/2006  8:29 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Frye is a really good rookie and will be a good player, but we made a HUGE mistake not taking Bynum. If you believe that defense and rebounding=championships, and realizing that no matter the short cut, we werent going to be a good team for a few years--we shouldve taken the guy with the higher upside on the defensive side of the court.

Teams that have good defensive players give themselves a good chance to win. Our ENTIRE roster is not built like that, so matter the mumbo jumbo that LB puts together it wont win because its not balanced.

does bynum defend and rebound? his stats don't reflect that.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/26/2006  8:43 AM
Briggs.. would you do this:
Crawford/Frye for Derrick Fisher/Pietrus/Ike Diogu
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OAK
Member: #957
Japan
1/26/2006  10:27 AM
Posted by fishmike:

i'd do that in a heartbeat
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/26/2006  10:31 AM
Posted by fishmike:

fish take out frye throw in taylor and I would do it. Diogu has been getting killed playing center for the Warriors, so much that the warriors came out and said that he will not play center again this year, because he does not block shots and does not get enough boards there, and at the PF spot he seems to do no better there, he is losing his minutes to foyle who is not that good. All I am saying is that Diogu is not the answer for us either.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2006  10:32 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I don't know why you would want to trade a rookie who has shown flashes of being able to be a 20pt starting power forward in the NBA for Derrick Fisher & some young guys that might not be in the league in 2 years, and if they are, might be role players.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
1/26/2006  10:37 AM
Since the Knicks lose most games anyway, the quickest way for Frye to improve is to get more PT.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/26/2006  10:50 AM
frye has regressed by leaps and bounds...but that's ok. i think it has to do with confidence more than anything. and that's offensively.

defensively, he has no idea what he's doing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2006  10:54 AM
frye looks both scared and confused out there. I guess this is what Brown Can Do For You.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OAK
Japan
1/26/2006  10:54 AM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by fishmike:

I don't know why you would want to trade a rookie who has shown flashes of being able to be a 20pt starting power forward in the NBA for Derrick Fisher & some young guys that might not be in the league in 2 years, and if they are, might be role players.

what? Pietrus is a solid player who can be a defensive stopper. I really like his game, much more than Craw's. Diogu also will be a good player despite being undersized at 6-8(?). He has decent post moves already and is a good defender/shot blocker as well. He's not a pure shooter like Frye, but he can shoot it pretty well.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
1/26/2006  10:56 AM
I don't trade a better big for a better small.
franco12
USA
1/26/2006  10:59 AM
Posted by OAK:
Posted by franco12:
Posted by fishmike:

what? Pietrus is a solid player who can be a defensive stopper. I really like his game, much more than Craw's. Diogu also will be a good player despite being undersized at 6-8(?). He has decent post moves already and is a good defender/shot blocker as well. He's not a pure shooter like Frye, but he can shoot it pretty well.

But my point is that Frye might turn into a 20 pt starting power forward in this league- granted Diogu & Pietrus might be good players- I seeing them as role players, where as Frye might be a star.

We currently have too many mediocre players- you need to put the better players on the floor vs the opposition. Benches help- but look at who wins
OAK
Japan
1/26/2006  11:08 AM
I'd rather have players who knows how to play both O & D. In Pietrus & Diogu, you get two of them. And I believe they have the talent to be starters in a yr or so. Craw is inconsistent despite being in the league for 5 yrs. He's signed for another 6 yrs for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$48mm(?). Frye needs to learn how to play D and rebound. He obviously didn't learn that part of the game at Arizona. Right now, he's a defensive liability. He may become a playr who can score 20 per, but if he allows opposing PF to score 20, he's not contributing much, is he? i don't like fisher's deal, but he's a more than decent back up PG with a bang.
BRIGGS
1/26/2006  11:08 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Bynum will rebound and defend much faster than the Knicks will see .500 again. I dont see how , with our current roster, with this jalopy mess, how we will even sniff .500 for the next 2-3 years. Within the timeframe, Bynum will emerge as an elite nBA C, especially on the D.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/26/2006  11:11 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Frye--hopefully they will commit to playing him 35+ minutes for the ONLY real long term hope knick fans have--frye lee and curry--all of which have their own question marks. Frye, out of all of them needs to take some lumps on the floor if thats the case. he needs to learn how to play better D with extensive PT---we need to let him get his confidence back.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
1/26/2006  11:17 AM
I hope that Frye continues to have to earn his minutes. I don't want to see a guy that doesn't box out and gets beat on more back doors then anyone in the league being handed 35 minutes a game. That's what got guys like Kwame Brown where he is today. When Frye improves his D he will get consistent time. Successful people are succesful because they earn it. Failures are always whining about what they feel they deserve.
I just hope that people will like me
franco12
USA
1/26/2006  11:18 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by SlimPack:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Bynum will rebound and defend much faster than the Knicks will see .500 again. I dont see how , with our current roster, with this jalopy mess, how we will even sniff .500 for the next 2-3 years. Within the timeframe, Bynum will emerge as an elite nBA C, especially on the D.

It looks like the lakers are 17 & 6 when bynum plays 3 mins or more. can't argue with success or stats.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/26/2006  11:21 AM
Posted by OAK:
Posted by franco12:
Posted by fishmike:

I gotta ask what is with the doube standard between Craw and Pietrus? Both have been in the league close to the same amount of time and both are about the same age....I can understand if you like Pietrus' game more as you said, I do to, but what makes him have all this potential and people on this board are willing to accept that he isn't a finished product and Craw is viewed as a disappointment tht will never get better?

Pietrus hasn't accomplished near what Craw has (and that isn't saying much)....I just don't get it.
~You can't run from who you are.~
if you watched the game last night you see what I mean about Frye's rebounding

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy