[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Woods....
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

12/31/2005  12:58 PM
Brown has given Ariza minutes and starts at the SF and its painfully obviuos that he isn't ready. David Lee is a tweener. Heck of a rebounder but doesn't shoot well, nor does he have the foot speed or leteral movement to stick with offensive minded SF's

So I say give a Woods a shot. A few minutes here and there aren't enough to see if he can help us. Wehn he came out of college, they were comparing him to T-Mac. Obviously he isn't that good, but Brown should give him a five-block of games, starting at SF just to see what he can do. I'm not saying he's the savior, but him a shot. He can shoot it with range, (He's a better shooter than Ariza and Lee) he's a legit 6'8 220, he can finish strong (doesnt have a strong handle, however) and he seems to be the best candidate on this team to play the SF right now.

No, he's not a good a defender. But who is on this team. Ariza isn't a great defender either. He's a gambler. He comes with steals every now and then, but he doesn't he gets burned. And he's only 190, SF back him down constantly.

So in the immortal words of Rick Kamla...FREE WOODS.....
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
12/31/2005  1:13 PM
I think so too. Woods can't hurt any worst than any of the other guys at SF. He may give more production than Ariza. I'd be curious as to where our ofensive production from the starters at 2 & 3 rank in the league.
Bring back dee-fense
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/31/2005  1:20 PM
Woods does a nice job of guarding the perimeter but he gets bet so easily off the dribble. I've been very impressed with him though and can't understand how Ariza gets so mny minutes and he gets none. however i'd be happy if Lee is our starting SF from now on. At least he knows what he's doing unlike Ariza. It would be nice if Lee developed a shot but with marbury, curry, nate or crawford starting we have enough offensive but could use a little D
bigbeast

12/31/2005  1:21 PM
Plus, brown yanks guys in and out of the line-up. One game they play next game there on the inactive list. Thats a confidence killer. Most players in the nBA have always said confidence is what seperates the really good players in the league.. I don't think Q-Woods has any confidence out there. Seems to be thinking too much when he finaly has his number called. I say, just throw him out there, give him 25 plus minutes for the next five games and see what happens.
ItaliaKnick
Member: #716
12/31/2005  1:27 PM
Woods is a very weak defender...I think he just has slow feet. He is always reaching on defense. John Wallace and Lee Nailon had the same problem...both could score but just lacked lateral quickness for defense. I'd be all for bringing in Shane Battier and Najera to man the 3.
gunsnewing
USA
12/31/2005  1:32 PM
i gotta disagree. I've actually been surprised by Woods defense, rebounding, intensity & effort which supposably were his MO's
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/31/2005  1:38 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Seems to be thinking too much when he finaly has his number called.

It's not just Woods.....you can say that about every player on the Knicks except Nate and Frye.

I think Woods has the right attitude on the court. I remember the first game he had as a Knicks he was open several times and was calling for the ball. He shows good skill and a decent rebounding ability. The dude needs minutes.....

With all that said....Brown has no clue what he's doing so it doesn't even matter.

We might eventually see Woods starting.....too bad Knicks don't play the Memphis Grizzlies till Feb. 1st.....Woods might not be here by the time it's his turn to start for his home town.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bigbeast

12/31/2005  2:02 PM
Why do I have the feeling, he'll get cut by the knicks, end up with a team like, Denver, and will flourish in Karl's offense. Typical knicks
EnySpree

12/31/2005  2:27 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Why do I have the feeling, he'll get cut by the knicks, end up with a team like, Denver, and will flourish in Karl's offense. Typical knicks

I said that about Q Rich.

Woods will eventually stick somewhere. He hasn't played much but he is still the best player at the 3 the Knicks have. Anyone can see that. If Woods would could get it together as a Knick who needs to talk about Jalen and Artest?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/31/2005  2:32 PM
Right now, he's kind of like a DerMarr Johnson. He's flashed some good scoring ability, but its still hard to get a read on his overall game. It's one thing to give him playing time, but its another thing to feature him or run plays for him. You can't really figure out what kind of player you have untill you do the latter.
EnySpree

12/31/2005  2:43 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Right now, he's kind of like a DerMarr Johnson. He's flashed some good scoring ability, but its still hard to get a read on his overall game. It's one thing to give him playing time, but its another thing to feature him or run plays for him. You can't really figure out what kind of player you have untill you do the latter.

You never know with Brown. Craw could go on the inactive list and Woods could all of a sudden get 30 minutes and play great. Still.....even if Woods gets a triple double and single handedly wins a game for the Knicks......he could be sitting next to Penny counting the the planks in the hardwood in the next game.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/31/2005  2:46 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by VDesai:

You never know with Brown. Craw could go on the inactive list and Woods could all of a sudden get 30 minutes and play great. Still.....even if Woods gets a triple double and single handedly wins a game for the Knicks......he could be sitting next to Penny counting the the planks in the hardwood in the next game.
So sad, but so true.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/31/2005  5:24 PM
Qyntel does not turn it over and hits the open man.

What's not to like?
once a knick always a knick
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
12/31/2005  9:15 PM
Nah I think Woods is definitely a bigger step up from Demarr. To me DJ never really recovered from his accident and his handle was bad and his overall body coordination looked different. Woods always had the tool but didnt have the heart, but he's been showing both for the Knicks in spurts so that maybe is a good sign.
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
12/31/2005  9:15 PM
Nah I think Woods is definitely a bigger step up from Demarr. To me DJ never really recovered from his accident and his handle was bad and his overall body coordination looked different. Woods always had the tool but didnt have the heart, but he's been showing both for the Knicks in spurts so that maybe is a good sign.
Ira
Member: #91
1/1/2006  10:12 AM
I like what Woods has done so far, but I think we need to see more. I get the impression that he's a young man, who's learning from experience the importance of having character rather than being one.
McK1
Member: #964
1/1/2006  12:40 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Woods does a nice job of guarding the perimeter but he gets bet so easily off the dribble.

the two go hand in hand

getting beat easily off the dribble is a sure fire sign he is not doing a nice job of guarding the perimeter.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
gunsnewing
USA
1/1/2006  1:13 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Woods does a nice job of guarding the perimeter but he gets bet so easily off the dribble.

the two go hand in hand

getting beat easily off the dribble is a sure fire sign he is not doing a nice job of guarding the perimeter.

He plays up on shooters but he struggles against penetrators. hows that?
McK1
Member: #964
1/1/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by gunsnewing:

the two go hand in hand

He plays up on shooters but he struggles against penetrators. hows that?

then the 5 minutes he gets is all the freedom he deserves
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/1/2006  1:54 PM
I have to agree with Mck1 here, the last time I saw woods play, it seemed like his man was beating him off the dribble effortlessly, although If he can improve on that than I might want to give him a chance over ariza who hasnt exactly looked stellar himself lately.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 01-01-2006 1:55 PM]
Free Woods....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy