USA
11/9/2005  6:58 PM
Marb said that he still think that he is better than Kidd
The true Knickabocker..........
efw
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1002

11/9/2005  7:05 PM
stephon is perhaps the most inarticulate athlete I've ever heard. His ideas never fully form. I can't even understand what his point is.

But at least he doesn't rattle off a string of cliches.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/9/2005  7:08 PM
are you guys able to watch SAS???? Marb is putting it out. He was asked about his body language on the court as a leader, he used Payton's history as a winning pg in seattle Vs when he was in another situation; when he was winning, they said that he was a great leader, but when he was losing, although he did the same things, they said that he had an attitude. He basically is saying that if his team was winning, people would have viewed his as a great leader
The true Knickabocker..........
MX25
Member: #555
USA
11/9/2005  7:19 PM
Marbury just rubs me the wrong way. He has the excuse about K-Mart and Amare. And that Kidd and Nash were lucky but what happens this year if Nash leads Suns to a good record without Amare? Do we all say how it's all Shawn Marion? And the great Raja Bell? Marbury has skills no don't about it but this is not street ball. If i wanna win a game..i'd take Kidd,Nash,Biby,Parker and few others over Marbury.

And his point about guys not being able to make others better is absurd.
efw

11/9/2005  7:23 PM
He really didn't say anything new. He said he's the best. he didn't deny that he gave teamates dirty looks, etc (be still my heart). He also used so many double negatives I didn't know which way was up anymore.

I did, however, have to put these on when I watched him. Seriously, those earrings must've been battery operated.
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
11/9/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Marb said that he still think that he is better than Kidd

I dont mind that he restated it. It would have been worse if he took it back.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/9/2005  7:31 PM
Name one thing Marbury is best at. He's ridiculous.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/9/2005  7:35 PM
Posted by Knight:

Why does it matter that Stephon thinks he's the best PG in the NBA anyway, why do you have a problem with that?

And just for the record, he's clearly a better scorer, shoots for a higher Field Goal % and is better at Free-Throws.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knight
11/9/2005  7:37 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

Why does it matter that Stephon thinks he's the best PG in the NBA anyway, why do you have a problem with that?

And just for the record, he's clearly a better scorer, shoots for a higher Field Goal % and is better at Free-Throws.

Because it just goes to show that he has no grasp on reality and still only thinks about himself. Marbury is the best shooting pg in the game?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/9/2005  7:39 PM
Posted by Knight:

Because it just goes to show that he has no grasp on reality and still only thinks about himself. Marbury is the best shooting pg in the game?

Who really cares is my main point. If he wants to think he's the best then let him, he should as a professional. I don't care, why should you? It has no bearing on his status in the NBA or if the Knicks won or lose so whats it matter?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knight
11/9/2005  7:44 PM
I think it does matter. I think it rubs people, including his teammates, the wrong way. Imagine Peyton Manning going on tv after a win and announcing he's the best quarterback in the league. Doesn't matter if it's true or not--you don't single yourself out for attention when you play a team sport. I would expect that kind of crap from Terrell Owens.
efw

11/9/2005  7:45 PM
yes Marbs is the best scoring PG in the game.

and it's true nyk, no one should care what he thinks. He'll only look like a fool if he keeps on losing.

or if he keeps on talking.
Knight
11/9/2005  7:50 PM
Posted by efw:

yes Marbs is the best scoring PG in the game.

and it's true nyk, no one should care what he thinks. He'll only look like a fool if he keeps on losing.

or if he keeps on talking.

Iverson?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
11/9/2005  7:51 PM
Yea but the point is its all said and done. If Stephon had now said he isn't the best pg in the league and rescinded the statement he made earlier in the year it would have made him a punk. He would have born more scrutiny for saying that and made himself a lot more vulnerable.

All i'm saying is I still respect him for sticking with his word.

Its said and done, it doesn't matter now much we argue about it.
Knight
11/9/2005  7:52 PM
Posted by MinsHeartsReezy:

Yea but the point is its all said and done. If Stephon had now said he isn't the best pg in the league and rescinded the statement he made earlier in the year it would have made him a punk. He would have born more scrutiny for saying that and made himself a lot more vulnerable.

All i'm saying is I still respect him for sticking with his word.

Its said and done, it doesn't matter now much we argue about it.

That's when you say "No Comment"...he's thick headed.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
11/9/2005  7:53 PM
Knight, there's a motivation factor in some players' thinking. This is different from guy to guy. Some guys (probably steph) get so pumped up before games that they NEED to think they're the best in order to perform to the best of THEIR ABILITY. This is really misconstrued by the media all the time. Guys like steph and AI are always misunderstood because they aren't so articulate and good with words, while to the media jkidd represents the classy pg that can do no wrong. I believe that marbs wouldn't have really even said that best pg thing if people hadn't pushed the question on him. I know that he said he was the best pg in the nba, but in my mind I would consider it more believable that he intended to say that he thinks that in his game mindset regardless of truthfully, whether or not he is the best or not.
marbury bashing has been taken to a new level the past few days... as knicks fans we have no patience and expect everything. It's true in a sense that everyone gets paid more in NY, and thus deserves to be under a microscope, but this is just stupid... some people are basically advocating the trade of a 20/8 man who often receives the highest praise whenever it appears his team is going to be winning (example, shaq said he could be the best player on the court at any time) for junk or players who are still clearly a caliber below him.
Let's not confuse winning and chemistry (which are what most haters point at) with a player's ability to play basketball. Darko is a winner. He is not (although he's getting a lot better this year) a great basketball player.
http://allknicks.com
efw

11/9/2005  7:59 PM
If you think steph isn't a point guard, I really don't see how you can think Iverson is one. He's much more of a chucker than steph.

Look, Steph comes from the playground. This is how he was raised to think. Just because he doesn't bend to you or my definition of a cultured, humble, and "proper" way of leading a team, doesn't mean it won't work. You say he's a loser (and so does he) but he one of the top PGs in the whole goddam world. He's won a lot of things to get there. He's doing something right. Let's just hope that he's got the right mix of people around him now to make something happen.
Knight
11/9/2005  8:03 PM
Posted by efw:

If you think steph isn't a point guard, I really don't see how you can think Iverson is one. He's much more of a chucker than steph.

Look, Steph comes from the playground. This is how he was raised to think. Just because he doesn't bend to you or my definition of a cultured, humble, and "proper" way of leading a team, doesn't mean it won't work. You say he's a loser (and so does he) but he one of the top PGs in the whole goddam world. He's won a lot of things to get there. He's doing something right. Let's just hope that he's got the right mix of people around him now to make something happen.

Iverson is a better scorer than Steph. Never said Steph wasn't a point guard--only said he's clearly not the best. I came from the playground too, I used to be the best kickball player during my elementary years.
Marb is on quite frankly...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy