[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mock Draft
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/23/2002  6:50 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Kareem Rush's whole game is based on his shot. He isn't a slasher by any stretch of the imagination. And Butler is 6 ft. 7, he can't be one inch taller then Pierce? That being said, I've seen Pierce and Butler play live and I personally think they play similar. Both have good inside/outside games, both have good range, both are leaders, and both are strong going to the basket. Put it this way, if he's going to turn out like Corliss the Knicks are wasting their pick.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 04/23/2002 18:12:26]
Corliss is a decent baller, sixth man of the year... and i've seen Butler and Pierce play, and they are not similar. butler is wider, uses his body more, posts up. Rush's game is not just his shot, he slashes and plays alot like pierce. I'm not saying he's going to be the star pierce is, but his game is a toned down piece, where as Butlers is like a Ron Artest or an Al Harrington, or even a Big Dog, with better Defense, less range, less size.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/23/2002  8:50 PM
Changing the subject a little, but to me here are the top 10 players in the draft that would benefit new york the most.

1. Yao Ming(size, skills, a true center with superstar potential)
2. Jason Williams(could be a great nba point guard,similar to Marbury or Iverson)
3. Dejuan Wagner(see Williams)
4. Drew Gooden(size and skills make him a great fit for new york)
5. Chris Wilcox(he's a beast with superb size, strength,and athletism)
6. Maybyner Hilario(should be a very good nba power forward because of size and all-around game)
7. Qyntel Woods(not what we need, but draft by talent before drafting by position)
8. Curtis Brochardt(nothing i'm crazy about, but he's got center skills)
9. Chris Marcus(size is everything)
10. Caron Butler, Jared Jeffries, Nickoloz Tskitishvili(see Woods)
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/23/2002  10:51 PM
I'll agree with everything except Marcus and Butler at the bottom, I'd have them tied for 10th. Anyone watching the Magic game, just went into OT! Let's go Magic and Ewing!
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
4/24/2002  6:34 AM
I sorta agree with the ranking, more like

1.Ming
2.Jwill
3.Drew Gooden
4.Wagner
5.Wilcox
6.Woods
7.Nene
8.Nickoloz Tskitishvili( from '83, 6'11" sf/pf, what's not to like?)
9.Amare (c'mon, an above the rim player with all the potential in the world, he wrecked Kwame and Tyson as a Junior in HS)
10.Jared
11.Curtis Borchardt(someone will go for size)
12.Caron Butler (who although is fine, he's more of a sure thing instead of a possible allstar)
13.Chris Marcus (nice slot for taking someone with size and a massive frame)
Mock Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy