[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wilcox is a Beast!
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/31/2002  1:02 PM
Did you see Chris Wilcox last night? He was a monster. He completely outplayed Drew Gooden last night and showed real heart and intensity. He was all over the offensive boards and finished hard. He was blocking shots like crazy and playing great defense in the paint. His stock will rise for sure after this output. If we can't get Williams, Ming, Gooden, or Wagner, i want Wilcox. He will be a Ben Wallace type player starting out and only get better. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/31/2002  3:13 PM
Sweet jump hook, shot blocker, rebounder... sounds like the kind of guy the Knicks need to me. After watching the tournament, if we get a pick in the lower half of the top 10, I'd go with Wilcox...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/31/2002  6:36 PM
I'm liking Wilcox and Wagner, either one I would take in the draft.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/31/2002  6:58 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'm liking Wilcox and Wagner, either one I would take in the draft.
Wilcox, extremely solid but no star - a la Oakley/ Dale Davis/ Maybe potential to be a McDyess. We NEED a guy like this.

Wagner, a guy with the potential to be the next allen-I, we don't need him, but much more valuable than a Oakley/Davis. Always take the more valuable guy. (mike jordan rule)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/31/2002  8:01 PM
Actually I think Wicox has the potential to be a future star. He has the leaping ability, he is young, strong has size, and a ton of upside. He has a nic jump hook already and a offensive mentality. He will be better than ben Wallace and has a killer mentality unlike Mcdeyse which may even make him better.. I like him , would love to draft him, he would help the knicks in a lot of areas... Outplayed Gooden, i am impressed...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
USA
3/31/2002  8:40 PM
I agree with tkf, I think Wilcox has the potential to be a star.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
3/31/2002  9:46 PM
Wilcox will be good no question. He will come into the league with a Ben Wallace type game with more of an offensive game and only get better. Potentially he could end up like a McDyess except better and be putting up 20 points, 12 boards, and 4 blocks in his prime. He will be a great player and the future of our team. As of right now he fits the bill.
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
4/1/2002  1:49 AM
Thank you Caseloads, for being the only guy in here who knows what they are talking about. Yes let's pick Sam Bowie errrrr I mean Wilcox over Jordan errrrr I mean Wagner. I swear I cant take this stupidity any more!
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
tkf
4/1/2002  2:20 AM
Posted by BernardKing030:

Thank you Caseloads, for being the only guy in here who knows what they are talking about.

Well I guess that includes you as one of us who don't know SH*T!!
You are trying to insult others and meanwhile you are looking like a jackass...anyway those of us in here who feel that wilcox will be a great pick has every right to. No where in these post did I see anyone say that Wilcox should be taken over Wagner. I read where most thought that either would be fine...I bet you have never seen wagner play except for the NIT.. I am in nashville on business a lot and I see this kid, he is good but still needs a lot of work, stop trying to make this seem like people are choosing Laetner over Shaq!!! Your point is weak!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knixkik
USA
4/1/2002  3:55 PM
I would take Wagner no question, but will he be available when we're about to pick? Probably not, which is why i originally proposed us taking Wilcox because he fits what we need and is a sensible, realistic pick with the 6th or 7th choice in the draft.
BigSm00th
USA
4/1/2002  4:22 PM
Wilcox is a great player but I think drafting Dajuan is more possible and better for the Knicks in the long run since Dajuan seems like he has unlimited potential and as a 2-guard/point, he could have the offense run through him as opposed to Wilcox @ 4, where it is tough to have the offense run through you.
#Knickstaps
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/1/2002  4:50 PM
I don't know if I agree with this...I think that it is easier to run an offense through the post, providing the big man has the offensive skills. Right now I would take Wilcox over Wagner. Wilcox has improved vastly in his offensive game over the past year, and is already a monster on D. Plus he finishes way above the rim. Scoring gaurds are plentifull in the league compared to quality big men.

Posted by BigSm00th:

...Dajuan could have the offense run through him as opposed to Wilcox @ 4, where it is tough to have the offense run through you.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigSm00th
USA
4/1/2002  7:06 PM
I'll agree with you there, but I'd be shocked if Wilcox did come out since it was reported he was staying and secondly, if he did, that he was available when the Knicks picked him. Here is how I see it going down if the Knicks land the 7th pick:
1.) Chicago Bulls - Yao Ming - later traded for Michael Finley and a 2nd rounder.
2.) Memphis Grizzlies - Jason Williams - Two Dukies reunited in the backcourt there and gives them a nucleus of Williams, Battier, Gasol, Swift.
3.) Golden State Warriors - Qyntel Woods - Gives them two athletic wingmen in Richardson and Woods.
4.) Denver Nuggets - Chris Wilcox - After a good tourny, goes to Denver. Also, a McDyess return is very improbable.
5.) Cleveland Cavaliers - Drew Gooden - Get a player who can play both small forward and power forward and who can finish for Andre Miller.
6.) Houston Rockets - Curtis Borchardt - They have Steve Francis @ point, Cuttino Mobley @ 2, Eddie Griffin @ 3, and Kenny Thomas @ 4, the only piece remaining is a center, leaving Borchardt to be taken.
7.) NEW YORK KNICKS - Dajuan Wagner - Take best player available in draft and one of the only players left in the draft with superstar potential.
#Knickstaps
tkf
4/1/2002  8:09 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Wilcox is a great player but I think drafting Dajuan is more possible and better for the Knicks in the long run since Dajuan seems like he has unlimited potential and as a 2-guard/point, he could have the offense run through him as opposed to Wilcox @ 4, where it is tough to have the offense run through you.

Bigsmooth..no offense, but Dixon is by no means a lottery pick, and maybe not a boarderline first rounder..In the NBA you will not be able to run a offense through Dixon and as far as his potential, I don't see him being much better than he is now..The guy is average and probably a backup NBA point guard...

[Edited by - tkf on 04/01/2002 20:10:05]
VG
Member: #68
Australia
4/1/2002  8:16 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'll agree with you there, but I'd be shocked if Wilcox did come out since it was reported he was staying and secondly, if he did, that he was available when the Knicks picked him. Here is how I see it going down if the Knicks land the 7th pick:
1.) Chicago Bulls - Yao Ming - later traded for Michael Finley and a 2nd rounder.
2.) Memphis Grizzlies - Jason Williams - Two Dukies reunited in the backcourt there and gives them a nucleus of Williams, Battier, Gasol, Swift.
3.) Golden State Warriors - Qyntel Woods - Gives them two athletic wingmen in Richardson and Woods.
4.) Denver Nuggets - Chris Wilcox - After a good tourny, goes to Denver. Also, a McDyess return is very improbable.
5.) Cleveland Cavaliers - Drew Gooden - Get a player who can play both small forward and power forward and who can finish for Andre Miller.
6.) Houston Rockets - Curtis Borchardt - They have Steve Francis @ point, Cuttino Mobley @ 2, Eddie Griffin @ 3, and Kenny Thomas @ 4, the only piece remaining is a center, leaving Borchardt to be taken.
7.) NEW YORK KNICKS - Dajuan Wagner - Take best player available in draft and one of the only players left in the draft with superstar potential.

I think the Rockets will pick someone else other than Curtis Borchardt. He looks like another Chris Mihm to me. And I think Denver would rather take Dajuan Wagner than Wilcox. Don't forget they have Howard down low too.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/1/2002  8:18 PM
tkf...I think you misunderstood BigSmooths post. He was refering to DaJuan Wagner from Memphis...not Juan Dixon.

Smooth...you are right. Not too many stars after the first 6 picks. The Knicks need to jump ahead of Houston and Cleveland if at all possible. The only other names I'd add in there would be Jeffries from Indiana and Butler from UConn.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
4/1/2002  8:24 PM
2 other guys that aren't very high now but are potential #1 picks in 2-3 years time are Amare Stoudemire and Hilario Maybiner...
Knixkik
USA
4/1/2002  8:42 PM
Right now my top 13 prospects are...

1. Jason Williams
2. Yao Ming
3. Qyntel Woods
4. Drew Gooden
5. Dejuan Wagner
6. Jared Jeffries
7. Chris Wilcox(right around where we will pick)
8. Curtis Brochardt
9. Caron Butler
10. Hilario Maybyner
11. Chris Marcus
12. Amare Stoudemire
13. Kareem Rush
Knixkik
USA
4/1/2002  8:46 PM
Keep a close eye on Wilcox tonight. It may be the last time we see him on national tv for awhile.
BigSm00th
USA
4/1/2002  8:59 PM
Indeed, I was referring to Dajuan Wagner, not Juan Dixon. I do agree, Knicks need to lose as much as possible to leap frog Cleveland and/or Houston. Who is this guy Hilario Maybyner, I haven't heard of him and don't recognize his name, where does he play?
#Knickstaps
Wilcox is a Beast!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy