[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yao Ming's weakness
Author Thread
NUMBER20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #220
3/8/2002  11:59 AM
dont you guys get it the knicks will not get yao ming . Marcus Camby can post up on him thats how weak he is he would get knocked around in the nba. Jason Williams is the best player in college and they say it everywhere so i dont want to hear you people talking about other college players. Jason Williams is an future all star already i know this cause i was right about iverson before he came to the nba.
AUTOADVERT
scylla
Member: #97
3/8/2002  1:03 PM
Well, whether or not you want to hear 'us people' talk about players other than Williams, I'm afraid that we're going to. For starters, if Williams is as good as you think--and if other teams agree with you--then there is very little chance he'll still be available when we pick. Same thing with Ming, most likely (by the way, Camby can't post up ANYBODY). And congratulations on Iverson. Didn't see that coming.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/8/2002  2:34 PM
Obviously if Ming enters the draft under normal conditions he will not be around when we pick. He will be taken either 1st or 2nd just because of his enormous potential. I think we need to hope that Ming will not be allowed into the draft unless China's compensations are met, meaning he needs to play in a big market on a winning organization and China needs to have access to him from televised games and pre-season games in China. Out of all the lottery teams, New York is the only one that can meet these conditions. This puts a lot of pressure on David Stern and the NBA, but hopefully it means teams will be forced to pass him up in the beginning of the lottery. Based on these conditions, the Knicks could actually be the favorite to draft Ming.
scylla
Member: #97
3/8/2002  2:51 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Obviously if Ming enters the draft under normal conditions he will not be around when we pick. He will be taken either 1st or 2nd just because of his enormous potential. I think we need to hope that Ming will not be allowed into the draft unless China's compensations are met, meaning he needs to play in a big market on a winning organization and China needs to have access to him from televised games and pre-season games in China. Out of all the lottery teams, New York is the only one that can meet these conditions. This puts a lot of pressure on David Stern and the NBA, but hopefully it means teams will be forced to pass him up in the beginning of the lottery. Based on these conditions, the Knicks could actually be the favorite to draft Ming.
I don't know that we actually meet the 'winning organization' part of the criteria. Maybe if they're looking at our recent history...but if they know anything about basketball, and the way the NBA works, they'll know that NY is now headed in the wrong direction, with very little to be excited about in the near future.
Knixkik
USA
3/8/2002  3:17 PM
Posted by scylla:
Posted by Knixkik:

I don't know that we actually meet the 'winning organization' part of the criteria. Maybe if they're looking at our recent history...but if they know anything about basketball, and the way the NBA works, they'll know that NY is now headed in the wrong direction, with very little to be excited about in the near future.
From a lottery team standpoint, New York is a winning organization. You're not going to get much better of a place to go than New York. No they don't have the young talent to build around right now, but Ming will provide that if he were to become a Knick. Still, he is playing with talented players like Camby, Sprewell, and Houston and with the addition of a superstar center, they still could go a long ways into the playoffs. Sprewell and Houston have shown no signs of slowing down and probably won't for a few years while Camby is just entering his prime. You also have to consider that New York will offer Ming a lot of money in the future and will not hesitate on signing him for the max in order to keep him in New York. Based on all of these aspects i think we look like the front runners to land Ming.
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/8/2002  4:46 PM
YEs...the Knicks will not draft high enough to get Ming...so can we stop talking about him? Hasn't anyone learned yet that those 7'6" guys with "potential" never make it....Is Gheorge Mhuresan their hero or is it Shawn Bradley? What a waste of time! Go J-will or Drew Gooden!
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2002  5:57 PM
Posted by BernardKing030:

YEs...the Knicks will not draft high enough to get Ming...so can we stop talking about him? Hasn't anyone learned yet that those 7'6" guys with "potential" never make it....Is Gheorge Mhuresan their hero or is it Shawn Bradley? What a waste of time! Go J-will or Drew Gooden!

How about Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki? Certainly not 7'6", but tall, skinny guys with "potential" when they were drafted.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BernardKing030
USA
3/8/2002  6:42 PM
Did I say anything about 7'0" not doing well in the NBA? No! Theres a difference between a 7 foot tall dirk or gasol, than a 7'6" guy! They NEVER work out! Just look at the Mavs for christ sake....are you gonna tell me that Shawn Bradley is a better idea than Dirk? Ming is the Chinese Bradley, Mhueresan, and Bol. He will never prosper...he's cursed!
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/8/2002  8:03 PM

Did I say anything about 7'0" not doing well in the NBA? No! Theres a difference between a 7 foot tall dirk or gasol, than a 7'6" guy! They NEVER work out! Just look at the Mavs for christ sake....are you gonna tell me that Shawn Bradley is a better idea than Dirk? Ming is the Chinese Bradley, Mhueresan, and Bol. He will never prosper...he's cursed!

Ming's only similarity with Bradley is his height. He is way more talented than Bradley...
BernardKing030
USA
3/9/2002  2:05 AM
And how do you know this for sure, VG? Have you seen him play? And anyone who has seen him play, have they seen him play against NBA quality atheletes? Once again, I will repeat myself. 7'6" guys never work! Everything in life has a limit, and when you pass that limit, it isnt always as sweet. NBA centers have a limit...once they pass 7'4" they become bungling idiots, who's lack of real skill...(not misconceptions of skill due to height) are only outshined by their awky appearance! Read My Lips! All you guys who want Ming now, will feel like idiots in 2 years.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/9/2002  2:18 PM
And how do you know this for sure, VG? Have you seen him play? And anyone who has seen him play, have they seen him play against NBA quality atheletes? Once again, I will repeat myself. 7'6" guys never work! Everything in life has a limit, and when you pass that limit, it isnt always as sweet. NBA centers have a limit...once they pass 7'4" they become bungling idiots, who's lack of real skill...(not misconceptions of skill due to height) are only outshined by their awky appearance! Read My Lips! All you guys who want Ming now, will feel like idiots in 2 years.
I agree with benard, this Ming guy is not good...period. The only competion this guy had was from that zhi zhi guy in dallas and he sucks. Everyone else is frigen China is like 4 feet tall. Anyone can dominate there. The Knicks should not draft this guy even if they got the #1 pick! J-Will is the real deal, he plays agaisnt real competion and will be a superstar in this league. Like I have said many times before, what the knicks should do is trade spree for a high pick(to the bulls) and have 2 top 8 picks and draft J-will and either woods, gooden, willcox, marcus, or stoudemire. There are so many more choices out there other then this frigen loser Ming.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2002  3:40 PM
I agree with benard, this Ming guy is not good...period. The only competion this guy had was from that zhi zhi guy in dallas and he sucks. Everyone else is frigen China is like 4 feet tall. Anyone can dominate there. The Knicks should not draft this guy even if they got the #1 pick! J-Will is the real deal, he plays agaisnt real competion and will be a superstar in this league. Like I have said many times before, what the knicks should do is trade spree for a high pick(to the bulls) and have 2 top 8 picks and draft J-will and either woods, gooden, willcox, marcus, or stoudemire. There are so many more choices out there other then this frigen loser Ming.
All the players you mentioned will probably be good, but they don't have the potential combined that Ming has. Let me tell you first of all we need to stay away from Stoudemire. I've seen clips of him. He can't shoot, can't handle the ball, has no skills outside of the paint, and doesn't even have any automatic post moves. When he first gets to the NBA he is going to struggle. As for the others, i like Gooden, but he may have a hard time because he is a tweener. We don't need Woods because he's a SF and he's a JUCO player and they're as big of a gamble as foreign players. Marcus will be another stiff so forget about him. The only one i really like besides Ming, Williams, and maybe Gooden is Wilcox. He will be good because he's athletic and has good post moves. He's Amare Stoudemire times 10. Ming is both of them combined times 20.
Starks3
USA
3/9/2002  4:10 PM
All the players you mentioned will probably be good, but they don't have the potential combined that Ming has. Let me tell you first of all we need to stay away from Stoudemire. I've seen clips of him. He can't shoot, can't handle the ball, has no skills outside of the paint, and doesn't even have any automatic post moves. When he first gets to the NBA he is going to struggle. As for the others, i like Gooden, but he may have a hard time because he is a tweener. We don't need Woods because he's a SF and he's a JUCO player and they're as big of a gamble as foreign players. Marcus will be another stiff so forget about him. The only one i really like besides Ming, Williams, and maybe Gooden is Wilcox. He will be good because he's athletic and has good post moves. He's Amare Stoudemire times 10. Ming is both of them combined times 20
You still have yet to convince me on Ming. WHat tape of this guy have u seen????????????????? THis guy is not goign to be good at all. There has never been any 7'6 guys that were good. First off he would get bounced around by every center in the league, including marcus camby. The speed of the NBA is so fast its probably 100 times then China, and the man reason i said all the other guys is becase if the Knicks trade spree their will be a need for a sf-Woods potential is unbelivable and the Knicks could get easily a Mcgrady type player instead of a wang zhi zhi/s bradley type guy who will average 8pts 8 rebounds a game. So with the 2 top 8 picks the knicks can grab J-will and Woods and out linup would be sick
PG J-will
Sg houston
Sf woods
PF thomas
C camby
that linup is 10 times better then what we have and its a start of a great future for the Knicks instead of
Pg jackson
sg houston
sf spree
pf thomas
c Ming
Which would u rather have????????????
the one with no future
BernardKing030
USA
3/9/2002  5:19 PM
Starks3, I must admit, I've had a grudge against you since you betrayed Kenny "Sky" Walker's comeback attempt. But when you are right, you are right. Potential doesn't mean a thing in the nba, and the lineup you projected would be tight. Too bad no GM's like the knicks enough to trade their pick.
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2002  5:39 PM

Starks3, I must admit, I've had a grudge against you since you betrayed Kenny "Sky" Walker's comeback attempt. But when you are right, you are right. Potential doesn't mean a thing in the nba, and the lineup you projected would be tight. Too bad no GM's like the knicks enough to trade their pick.
The Knicks just need to use their picks the right way and they'll be all set.
PG Jackson
SG Houston
SF Sprewell
PF Camby
C Ming
6th Thomas

That would be a nice line-up. With any luck New York will also pick up a good second rounder, maybe someone like Dan Dickau, DeAngello Collins, or Dan Gadzuric and they'll be all set.

knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/9/2002  5:40 PM
Please BK30, to proof a point you must look at it from both sides instead of hammering "this guy sux".

So, Ming is the Chinese Bradley, Mhueresan, and Bol. He will never prosper...he's cursed! is a flat out lie.

Bradley has always been behind of his body, which is why he makes stupid mistakes. He never has been totally accustomed to his length and his body language shows that. Drafted for his length and what he could be.

Mhuresan wasn't even that bad, the man was just sick and the main illness he had was that he didn't stop growing (which effected his entire body). Drafted for his length and what he could be.

Manute Bol wasn't a player, he was a blocker. drafted for his length and what he could be.

Yao Ming, yes I've seen him play, has an allround flashy game and isregardless of whether you like it or not probably still a lottery pick if he were 6'10". If he were still around when our draft pick comes along we are obligated to pick him, no matter how you turn over the subject.

Do I want him to be a Knick?

NO,

eventhough he is different from the "tallies" above there has never been a player above 7'3" who could endure the extremities of the NBA games. 82 games of hard and quic NBA game might be too much, but to be honest it could be for anyone of the taller players. The draft is a crap shoot and eventhough you would want to limit your risk you cannot pass on such a talent who is also very tall.

Yao Ming, drafted for his talent and went high because of his height could make him an unique player in the NBA.

Still I wouldn't draft him, if only because I wouldn't like the hassle of the poeple's republic or wait for him to overcome the cultural difference and the language barrier besides the difference in game.

Stop hating Ming, wait on the bouncing of the pin ping pong balls.

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 03/09/2002 17:41:36]
Starks3
USA
3/9/2002  5:40 PM
PG Jackson
SG Houston
SF Sprewell
PF Camby
C Ming
6th Thomas
That would be a nice line-up. With any luck New York will also pick up a good second rounder, maybe someone like Dan Dickau, DeAngello Collins, or Dan Gadzuric and they'll be all set
Nice linup are u kidding me
thats a 25 win linup right there
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2002  5:46 PM
Posted by Starks3:
PG Jackson
SG Houston
SF Sprewell
PF Camby
C Ming
6th Thomas
That would be a nice line-up. With any luck New York will also pick up a good second rounder, maybe someone like Dan Dickau, DeAngello Collins, or Dan Gadzuric and they'll be all set
Nice linup are u kidding me
thats a 25 win linup right there
If Ming plays half as well as everyone thinks he will in his first season, that will be close to a 50 win line-up.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/9/2002  6:00 PM
I don't think that a 50 win roster as well. You're assuming that Ming will not have a tough first year(difference in game, language, climate, rookie wall, lack of knowledge re: plays etc etc) and that Camby will stay healthy.

35 win roster tops, with our current coach anyway and not any new aquisitions besides the draft.
BernardKing030
USA
3/9/2002  6:07 PM
That's basically the same crappy lineup we have now! Ming won't make much of a difference. hey knicksbabyyeah...if you really read, you would see that I said Ming is cursed because he's over 7'3" which is exactly the point you're making...so stop arguing about it.
Yao Ming's weakness

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy