[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Get Yao Ming!
Author Thread
kvh2k2
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #221
3/4/2002  6:52 PM
The knicks will fail to make the playoffs for the first time in what? 9 years? I am just going to come out and say the knicks flat out stink. No matter what pick they get in the draft, the will still be one of the worst teams in the NBA. The New Jersey Nets on the other hand are on the rise my friends. Got that not so bigsm00th. The New Jersey Nets will de-throne the Los Angeles Lakers, if not this year, definately next year, and the knicks will be at home watching it on television. And Mr. Knixkik, you are out of your mind. I am a big fellow, a whopping 6'8'', and i can eat up the Chinese basketball league, with my weak hand. If the knicks draft anyone, it should be me, a 16year old sophomore in high school. You watch Lebron James, i'm on the prowl. Hey bigsm00th eat it.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/4/2002  6:57 PM
Two words for you you frontrunning Nets fan: Qyntel Woods, and two words after that: LeBron James. Those two will form the most feared shooting guard/small forward tandem EVER. EVER. TRY TO MATCH THAT WITH VAN HORN AND KITTLES YOU BUM. AHAHAH, Let's go Knicks. I think Chris Wilcox would be a good pick if we don't get higher then 7.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/4/2002  7:09 PM
Posted by kvh2k2:

The knicks will fail to make the playoffs for the first time in what? 9 years? I am just going to come out and say the knicks flat out stink. No matter what pick they get in the draft, the will still be one of the worst teams in the NBA. The New Jersey Nets on the other hand are on the rise my friends. Got that not so bigsm00th. The New Jersey Nets will de-throne the Los Angeles Lakers, if not this year, definately next year, and the knicks will be at home watching it on television. And Mr. Knixkik, you are out of your mind. I am a big fellow, a whopping 6'8'', and i can eat up the Chinese basketball league, with my weak hand. If the knicks draft anyone, it should be me, a 16year old sophomore in high school. You watch Lebron James, i'm on the prowl. Hey bigsm00th eat it.
keith van horn wannabe - shut up and get your nets butt out of here. And this is the first time in 15 years we haven't made the playoffs.

Caseloads
3/4/2002  7:12 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Two words for you you frontrunning Nets fan: Qyntel Woods, and two words after that: LeBron James. Those two will form the most feared shooting guard/small forward tandem EVER. EVER. TRY TO MATCH THAT WITH VAN HORN AND KITTLES YOU BUM. AHAHAH, Let's go Knicks. I think Chris Wilcox would be a good pick if we don't get higher then 7.
We're not going to get LeBron James, we wont have a bad enough record, and furthermore, he *might* go to college for a year.

Plus - if we are like 7th or worse in the lotto, I say we should pick up Chris Marcus, a Tim Duncan/ Mike Olowokandi clone... watch WKU in the tourney and see what I mean...
Ubonics
Member: #222
3/4/2002  7:17 PM
Knixkik you are not smart! Yao Ming seems like one of the worst draft choices possible. ok whoa 7-6 whoop de frickin do! hes only 286 so that means he is a rail and his bones probably break easily! well he comes anothe camby they could sit on the bench to get and teach each other chinese and english. and if i was Ming and lived in a country where the average height is about 5feet i would score 100pts a game. Plus the fact his damn communist country probably wont let him come to the USA means you wont be seeing him for a couple of years. (ummmmmm. smells like freddie) ahahahha the knicks are sooo stupid they probabaly will draft this ACE from china! ahahha ahhhh it will be funny. LETS GO BULLS!!!
Let the MING DYNAST BEGIN!
BigSm00th
USA
3/4/2002  7:20 PM
I'm agreeing with some gay ass Bulls fan. Ming sucks. Loud and clear, so him sucking means we'll probably pick him. Not good news, definitely not good news.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/4/2002  8:23 PM
You have your opinions and i have mine. This year's stiff will be Chris Marcus. He's big, but can't do a thing. He has no socring ability and all he does is take up space. Ming, however, takes up more space, but at the same time has skills and is 6 inches taller. Just go to NBAdraft.net and look at Marcus' profile. He's being compared to Bryant Reeves, that about says it all. Yao Ming is being compared to different people based on the different aspects of his game and that also tells you something. I would really like Yao Ming, but i also like Drew Gooden, Marcus Haislip, and i like Chris Wilcox and Amare Stoudemire somewhat. Stay away from Chris Marcus.
dexter
Member: #223
3/5/2002  12:58 PM
I agree, Marcus is not worth a top pick. I saw him play two games last year and I was very surprised that he's considered a top pick. I'm not sure he's much better than, say, Witherspoon. In one of the games that I saw, against South Alabama, he looked like the second or third best player on the court. He's probably a reasonable second round pick, and a project at that.
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2002  3:15 PM
If we can't get Ming or even Gooden, i'm starting to like Chris Wilcox more. I think he's more talented than Stoudemire and fits what we need. I still want Ming though.
Caseloads
3/5/2002  3:22 PM
Posted by dexter:

I agree, Marcus is not worth a top pick. I saw him play two games last year and I was very surprised that he's considered a top pick. I'm not sure he's much better than, say, Witherspoon. In one of the games that I saw, against South Alabama, he looked like the second or third best player on the court. He's probably a reasonable second round pick, and a project at that.
Marcus, a second rounder? you've gotta be kidding. he has size that you can't teach and Mike Olowakandi was a #1 pick a while back. Mike is at least in the top 15 from his class, and Marcus will be - after 5 years, a top 15 player from his year as well...
kvh2k2
3/5/2002  6:39 PM
Knixkik you are crazy, don't ever send in a reply again. As a basketball player, and fanatic, i have never read or heard anything about Chris Marcus. You wish the Knicks could be as good as the Nets. The Nets are dominating the Eastern Conference, and they will not get a good pick in this years draft, but i guarantee..I GUARANTEE that the New Jersey Nets will choose a better player than the Knicks will. I'd like to see the Knicks draft Ming. After they do, i will sit at home, and laugh as Ming gets pushed around by Earl Boykins, the smallest guy in the NBA. I will love it. So bigsm00th, you can watch in agony, just as the whole entire knicks team, as the Nets dethrone the Los Angeles Lakers this year. yo ubonics, the Bulls blow a mean one, word up. See Knixkik, you can just hmmm, let me think, eat it.
BigSm00th
USA
3/5/2002  6:45 PM
Big Shaq-Daddy will run wild on the Nets. They probably wouldn't even sell out the Meadowlands for the Finals. Who's going to guard Kobe? Kittles? Jefferson? VAN HORN? Ha, Nets won't even make the Eastern Conference semifinals, Detroit will bump them. Qyntel Woods and LeBron James baby, the best 2/3 Combo ever will be hitting the Nets up in a few years. And Ubonics, you do suck a mean one.
#Knickstaps
kvh2k2
3/5/2002  6:50 PM
Well bigsm00th, the nets will get help from the Sac Kings in the WEstern playoffs, so the nets may not even face the Lakers, when the get to the finals. You are just PO'd up the rear because the Knicks couldn't win a game in fourth grade girls cyo.Word Up. Ubonics, take the advice i gave kinxkik, and dont send in anymore replys. would you do that, thanks a bunch. Word to yo mutha bigsm00th, i know where you live.
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2002  7:13 PM
kvh2k2 do us a favor and just leave this forum. This is a Knicks forum where we talked about the Knicks and is this case, there future draft picks. Go find a Nets forum because we don't like people like you around here.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/5/2002  7:22 PM
Guys. Please. Don't start posting trash in this forum. Don't make me name names. You know who you are. Those who choose to ignore this will be asked to leave. If you disagree with someones opinion, disagree by making valid points.

PS. Alot of poeple know of Chris Marcus as last year in the NCAA tourney he turned alot of heads. And now as he gets healthy is making an impact for his team.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2002  7:29 PM
PS. Alot of poeple know of Chris Marcus as last year in the NCAA tourney he turned alot of heads. And now as he gets healthy is making an impact for his team.
Marcus is a decent center, but not worth using a mid-lottery pick on. He's from a school where the competition isn't very strong and his numbers, though good, are not mind boggling. I don't mind if there was some other way to grab him, but i would be very disappointed if New York decided to use their top pick on him. If we can't get Ming, i think we need to go for Gooden or Wilcox. We shouldn't have to worry about all three of them being taken before our pick so it should be one of those three.
Caseloads
3/5/2002  10:49 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Marcus is a decent center, but not worth using a mid-lottery pick on. He's from a school where the competition isn't very strong and his numbers, though good, are not mind boggling. I don't mind if there was some other way to grab him, but i would be very disappointed if New York decided to use their top pick on him. If we can't get Ming, i think we need to go for Gooden or Wilcox. We shouldn't have to worry about all three of them being taken before our pick so it should be one of those three.
Gooden's game will NOT translate to the NBA. He's too slim to be a force at PF, and too whack to be playin' the 3.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/5/2002  11:53 PM
I really hope the Knicks dont take a gamble on this Ming guy. I'd rather take a gamble on Marcus then him, even Willcox looks to have a better game. So maybe Laydan got some common sense in China and will decide in a different direction, Oh wait, its Laydan I'm talking about, he'll take Ming. So lets hope he goes first and the Knicks get the better pickings in the draft.
As for the Nets fan in here, I really hope the Heat get that 8th seed cause its 1, 2 , 3 sweep for the Nets. They wont even make out of the first round!!!
1 good year and all of a sudden Jersey people jump on the bandwagon, you'll see they will be right back on the Knicks soon enough
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/6/2002  10:00 AM
more Ming news, from Insider:

Draft Notes: Yao-za! Ming free to play in NBA

Knicks president Scott Layden returned from China bearing gifts. A contract extension for Don Chaney and a juicy little tidbit about Chinese center Yao Ming.

Layden was told during his trip by Chinese basketball officials that Yao will definitely play in the NBA next season.

"I had a very good trip to China," Layden told the N.Y. Post. "Ming is a very talented guy with a lot of potential. It was a very positive scouting trip. He has a lot of potential in the little chance I got to see him. He's got a lot of skills, a lot of talent. I was impressed."

Not to be outdone, the NBA announced Tuesday that the draft will be held June 26 at Madison Square Garden, with Yao in attendance.

Now if David Stern can just fix those ping pong balls one more time. As it stands right now, the Knicks have roughly a two percent chance of winning the NBA lottery.

In other draft related news, Tennessee coach Buzz Peterson said he will advise junior forward Marcus Haislip to turn pro following this season if his sources continue to tell him Haislip is a consensus top 10 pick in the NBA draft.

"There's a lot I'd love to work with him on to help him develop and go higher in the draft, but we're going to look at what's best for him," Peterson told the Tennessean. "If he's up there where we don't think he can improve much next year, it would be wise to go."

NBA scouts have told Insider that Haislip is a potential lottery pick. At 6-foot-10, Haislip can stand flat-footed under the basket and jump up and touch the glass halfway between the top of the square and the top of the backboard. He has a 40 inch vertical leap and can bench press 400 pounds.

Scouts say his offensive game is still real raw, but it's coming along. He has range to hit three pointers, but most of his offense comes in the paint. He's an excellent shot blocker, a tireless worker and a humble kid. His main weakness is his build. Compared by one scout to Marcus Camby, the consensus is that Haislip needs to add at least 15 pounds to his frame.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
3/6/2002  2:21 PM
Posted by martin:

more Ming news, from Insider:

Draft Notes: Yao-za! Ming free to play in NBA

Knicks president Scott Layden returned from China bearing gifts. A contract extension for Don Chaney and a juicy little tidbit about Chinese center Yao Ming.

Layden was told during his trip by Chinese basketball officials that Yao will definitely play in the NBA next season.

"I had a very good trip to China," Layden told the N.Y. Post. "Ming is a very talented guy with a lot of potential. It was a very positive scouting trip. He has a lot of potential in the little chance I got to see him. He's got a lot of skills, a lot of talent. I was impressed."

Not to be outdone, the NBA announced Tuesday that the draft will be held June 26 at Madison Square Garden, with Yao in attendance.

Now if David Stern can just fix those ping pong balls one more time. As it stands right now, the Knicks have roughly a two percent chance of winning the NBA lottery.

In other draft related news, Tennessee coach Buzz Peterson said he will advise junior forward Marcus Haislip to turn pro following this season if his sources continue to tell him Haislip is a consensus top 10 pick in the NBA draft.

"There's a lot I'd love to work with him on to help him develop and go higher in the draft, but we're going to look at what's best for him," Peterson told the Tennessean. "If he's up there where we don't think he can improve much next year, it would be wise to go."

NBA scouts have told Insider that Haislip is a potential lottery pick. At 6-foot-10, Haislip can stand flat-footed under the basket and jump up and touch the glass halfway between the top of the square and the top of the backboard. He has a 40 inch vertical leap and can bench press 400 pounds.

Scouts say his offensive game is still real raw, but it's coming along. He has range to hit three pointers, but most of his offense comes in the paint. He's an excellent shot blocker, a tireless worker and a humble kid. His main weakness is his build. Compared by one scout to Marcus Camby, the consensus is that Haislip needs to add at least 15 pounds to his frame.
Haislip and Ming, both have Marcus Camby builds = injury prone... only Marcus Camby build in the NBA without an injury is Jermaine O'Neal.
Get Yao Ming!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy