OT: Yankees get RANDY JOHNSON!!!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2004  11:20 AM
With George its Win NOW, Spend NOW!

With unlimited funds, they can do what they want. They might be able to unload players in the future for prospects in reverse.

THe core of the team was built in the minors. The 1998 team was not a Starphuched team, it was home grown and built with trades.

That 1998 team was one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember.

This Current team losing to boston was not so painful. This collection of players has no sole. The Giambi thing is disheartning, and Sheff is likely as guilty. He is a gun for hire anyway. I like him, but........

Kevin Brown was a fiasco, the Vasquesz-Contraras-Loaiza thing of the underperforming Latino caving into the NY thing is old and stupid. I was happy to see El Duque make a run, he was part of the 90's magic!

I also hated the redsox for years, but they are into the gun for hire thing and like its hard to love those guys when they are on your team, its almost the same in reverse for the enemy. Who cares!

The NFL has reached parity, but at the same time has homoginized their product into a commodity.

Too many players changing teams makes the chess game of player deals, trades and free agents sometimes more appealing then the game itself!

Anybody think similar?

AUTOADVERT
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
12/17/2004  11:26 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Too many players changing teams makes the chess game of player deals, trades and free agents sometimes more appealing then the game itself!

Anybody think similar?

Other than the postseason, opening day, and those rare moments (once or twice a year) when I actually make it out to the ballpark, this is my favorite time of year as a baseball fan.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/17/2004  11:31 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by fishmike:

wow... George's organizational philophy: Win at all costs. Only a championship is considered a success.

Randy at Forward, excellent!

THere is no bigger Starphucher than Steinbrenner!

Give up a 28 year old power pitcher after one so-so year, your two best minor leaguers (posada will 34!, cathers don't last very long!) for a 41year old with bad knees! Only George.

Beltran must be on the radar.

Yanks are so greedy, it sometimes embarassing to be a fan!

We are the Evil Empire, but we must win one again soon! Otherwise it looks real bad!

I really was against a RJ trade in which we had to give up Vazquez. I still think that last season he had a so-so year because of his adaptation to NY and I really wanted him to become a star with the Yankees. Its sad that so many pieces of the Yanks future are going away for a guy that may not have many seasons left. Still, this is the Yankees reaction after their team choked up last series and became the first team to lose a series after leading 3-0. Definitely George was going to do something drastic to change this team.

Last night they where repeating that 7th game as a Classic and I got to see again the Grand Slam from Johnny Damon... It hurt... After that series I would've wanted to trade everyone... That must be George's thinking. When he signed Vazquez he thought he had a future star and that he could wait for him to adapt because the Yankees as a veteran team would be fine. He didn't count with his team making such horrible history. If there is a year in which George wants to win it at all costs, this is the one. And this choker team better perform next season...

(Still, I would've been happy with Vazquez having a second chance... Sad...)

Schilling vs Vasquez = loss
Schilling vs RJ = win
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/17/2004  11:50 AM
Thats Schilling vs. Vazquez right now. Who knows how good Vazquez will be in the future, like in one or two seasons...

It doesn't matter anymore. We have RJ and if that doesn't make the Yankees champions...

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 12/17/2004 11:52:28]
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/17/2004  11:53 AM
in the future. Vaz was good in the past. I really think he'll be a great pitcher on another team because he has great stuff just not in NY
Pike
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #403
12/17/2004  4:11 PM
... not so fast, deal's in jeopardy. Dodgers might be coming to their senses and are having second thoughts. They would have been raped in this deal. Wouldn't be surprised if the deal is altered in some way.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/17/2004  5:34 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Thats Schilling vs. Vazquez right now. Who knows how good Vazquez will be in the future, like in one or two seasons...

It doesn't matter anymore. We have RJ and if that doesn't make the Yankees champions...

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 12/17/2004 11:52:28]

Anyone who follows baseball knows how good Vazquez is right now. He had a 135 ERA+ in 2001 and a 154 ERA+ in 2003. He merely had a problem with his arm slot last season. Trading him and prospects for a 42 year old is insane.

It does matter how good Vazquez is it he goes on to pitch great for 10 years, while RJ is on the DL as a result of his pre-existing knee problem.
Knicksfan
USA
12/17/2004  5:54 PM
Posted by Rich:

Anyone who follows baseball knows how good Vazquez is right now. He had a 135 ERA+ in 2001 and a 154 ERA+ in 2003. He merely had a problem with his arm slot last season. Trading him and prospects for a 42 year old is insane.

It does matter how good Vazquez is it he goes on to pitch great for 10 years, while RJ is on the DL as a result of his pre-existing knee problem.

This Yankees, they never learn...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/18/2004  2:23 PM
Still not a done deal?!
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/30/2004  3:50 PM
SOOO close!
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041230&content_id=926396&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
OT: Yankees get RANDY JOHNSON!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy