Member: #6213

5/13/2023  12:23 AM
Nice season, but imagine this team next season with Porzingis in it
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

5/13/2023  3:48 AM
Gudris wrote:Nice season, but imagine this team next season with Porzingis in it

How does that even work ? Sign him for the MLE ? If we do trade Heart or Mitch ? I mean I get the idea of spacing he would provide but he is a poor rebounder. Not totally saying no, but maybe Brook Lopez is a better target.. or Kelly Olynk ?

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
5/13/2023  3:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2023  3:53 AM

mindless was the right way to put it. The Heat showed us they will make us pay for doing it every game except game 5 but we never waivered from doing the same thing over and over. got to love those Thibs adjustments.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

5/13/2023  7:51 AM
Gudris wrote:Nice season, but imagine this team next season with Porzingis in it

I’d rather not

Philc1

5/13/2023  7:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2023  7:52 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:

How does that even work ? Sign him for the MLE ? If we do trade Heart or Mitch ? I mean I get the idea of spacing he would provide but he is a poor rebounder. Not totally saying no, but maybe Brook Lopez is a better target.. or Kelly Olynk ?

Even if we could get him he’s way overrated, a cancer and a stiff on defense. They nicknamed him the scarecrow last 3 seasons for a reason

Philc1

5/13/2023  7:57 AM
Clean wrote:Now that the season is over I can say this. This year has been amazing and we exceeded all expectations. The problem with that is that we overachieved. Overachieving got us to the second round. We can't run it back with this flawed roster. Amazing season considering our expectations but the roster skill level and construction is not nearly good enough to run back.

The problem is we don’t have enough 3 point shooting and it’s a 3 point league. We need to be careful with the extensions we start handing out this offseason. I’d give hart a 3 year $38 million deal with a team option for year 3 but nothing more. IQ this playoffs hopefully is a wake up call for the FO he needs to be traded now for picks

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
5/13/2023  10:31 AM
This sucks and it hurts. Even though I knew it was coming. I knew Miami would win this series after the first half of game one to be perfectly open and honest. I hate that franchise with the passion of a thousand suns and wish them nothing but the WORST going forward but they were the better and more experienced team. I just don't understand or respect all the flopping they do and I've lost a ton of respect for Bam Adebayo for the moving screens and how he injured four players in five games but whatever.

To take them to six games is a huge accomplishment. Miami is not the 8th seed IDGAF what they say. They were actually 7th and ended up 8th plus they were the 1st seed last year and made the ECF and NBA Finals two years ago. They have been one of the most successful franchises the last few decades while we have been a circus. Yet we almost took them to a game seven. You just have to hope this loss was necessary growing pains and we will learn and get better from it. But that is no guarantee.

Hats off to Brunson. He showed the world again he is a Super Star - 41 points on the road against that team. He was the best player in this series too. Even better than Butler. He tried his best to win this game by himself. I'm not even mad at the turnover there at the end. Shit happens. Kind of reminded me of Isiah Thomas' turnover against Boston in the 80s where Bird stole it and DJ got the layup. Isiah went on to win rings after that. I think Brunson can be face of a title contender. He might not look the part but he has the game, attitude and all the intangibles. But he needs help.

Disappointing game by RJ. But I'm proud overall of his playoffs. After a bad season he redeemed himself and had a strong playoffs. There is a lot to like about RJ and I wouldn't mind keeping him but he's got to improve that outside shot. You know he will work on it all summer.

I know Randle is a controversial topic in Knicks land but I think we've learned a lot and have our true answer. He is just not it. Not reliable as a number two or even a number three on a team that's looking for more then regular season success. I appreciate his efforts during the regular season but if we want to climb this mountain and get to an ECF and Finals, he needs to go. Too much baggage and question marks with him in terms of effort and mood. Can't have that with your number two. And I think a change would be good for him too. He's never going to be 'one of us'.

Alpha1971

5/13/2023  10:42 AM
SergioNYK wrote:This sucks and it hurts. Even though I knew it was coming. I knew Miami would win this series after the first half of game one to be perfectly open and honest. I hate that franchise with the passion of a thousand suns and wish them nothing but the WORST going forward but they were the better and more experienced team. I just don't understand or respect all the flopping they do and I've lost a ton of respect for Bam Adebayo for the moving screens and how he injured four players in five games but whatever.

To take them to six games is a huge accomplishment. Miami is not the 8th seed IDGAF what they say. They were actually 7th and ended up 8th plus they were the 1st seed last year and made the ECF and NBA Finals two years ago. They have been one of the most successful franchises the last few decades while we have been a circus. Yet we almost took them to a game seven. You just have to hope this loss was necessary growing pains and we will learn and get better from it. But that is no guarantee.

Hats off to Brunson. He showed the world again he is a Super Star - 41 points on the road against that team. He was the best player in this series too. Even better than Butler. He tried his best to win this game by himself. I'm not even mad at the turnover there at the end. Shit happens. Kind of reminded me of Isiah Thomas' turnover against Boston in the 80s where Bird stole it and DJ got the layup. Isiah went on to win rings after that. I think Brunson can be face of a title contender. He might not look the part but he has the game, attitude and all the intangibles. But he needs help.

Disappointing game by RJ. But I'm proud overall of his playoffs. After a bad season he redeemed himself and had a strong playoffs. There is a lot to like about RJ and I wouldn't mind keeping him but he's got to improve that outside shot. You know he will work on it all summer.

I know Randle is a controversial topic in Knicks land but I think we've learned a lot and have our true answer. He is just not it. Not reliable as a number two or even a number three on a team that's looking for more then regular season success. I appreciate his efforts during the regular season but if we want to climb this mountain and get to an ECF and Finals, he needs to go. Too much baggage and question marks with him in terms of effort and mood. Can't have that with your number two. And I think a change would be good for him too. He's never going to be 'one of us'.

Randall may have needed this playoff experience. He had good moments, bad moments, and faught threw injuries. Sure trade him if a deal presents itself. However, I am not giving up on Julius. Julius don't afraid to be self critical and work at his faults.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
5/13/2023  10:42 AM
Not having IQ really hurt in this series. Bench production was a huge strength the entire season and that was gone once IQ went out (thanks Bam you ****ing thug!). IQ is super important to what we do and did and we need him back. I know his play declined in the playoffs but I like the kid and what is inside and I guarantee he will be better next time. Rob is another guy I'd keep. His offensive rebounding gives us something most teams just do not have. And him hitting clutch FT's tells me he has a big heart and guts inside. I like Hartenstein too. Played with effort and gives us a nice dimension with his passing and toughness but I'd like to see him shoot the jumper more next season. Obi improved his three but there is no role for him on this team other than a 12 mpg backup to Randle. It sucks cause he's proven he can play well and score 20 ppg or so when given the opportunity. And Duece is my guy. Love how hard he plays and Breen is 100% correct when he says if he played enough minutes he'd make an All-NBA Defensive team. But he needs to continue to work on that jumper and handle to be a reliable backup PG.

I like Hart. He was awesome up until this series. Changed the way we played and suffocated Spida in the Cavs series. He is the best rebounding guard in the league bar none. Not sure how much expecting and having twins hurt his play against Miami but whatever. He was simply not good enough. Zebras took him out of many games with ticky tack fouls. And his inability to shoot the three hurts on this team. You simply cannot play him with RJ together in any lineup. But I'd like Hart back. He has a good rapport with Brunson. But I'm not breaking the bank on him either.

I think Thibs was Thibs. Strong regular season, saved his job and season actually when he went back to his roots of playing 9 guys. I don't understand what he does at times like doubling Butler all series but whatever. I think he has earned the right to finish his contract. But I'd like to bring in an offensive coordinator. Cause this offense stinks. You saw it last night. The heavy iso ball works in the regular season but that **** doesn't work against the top teams in a playoff series. But I do honestly question whether he is the right guy to get us over the hump. Second round might be his ceiling. Problem is, who do you replace him with? Please do not suggest Johnny Bryant or any other young inexperienced coach either. If we fire Thibs, we would need to replace him with an experienced guy who has won it before. Someone like Mike Budenholzer.

Anyway, lot's of question makes and decision coming up for Leon Rose and co. Everyone should be on the block except Brunson. We desperately need to add more reliable shooting. But I think objective number one should be to find a home for Randle. It's time.

That's all I got LOL I want to thank you guys and Martin for this season. Best place to talk Knicks hoops by far! This was our first playoff run here and it was a lot of fun!

Clean
Member: #743
5/13/2023  11:03 AM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/13/2023  12:44 PM
Philc1 wrote:

I’d rather not

And maybe KD will force a trade here now that we're "cool."

Alpha1971

5/13/2023  2:03 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

I’d rather not

And maybe KD will force a trade here now that we're "cool."

Sure Evan, Randall and the Detroit and Dallas picks, lol

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/13/2023  4:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
markvmc wrote:
WP76 wrote:Brunson's third, really?
Looked like a legit call to me.
It really isn't. Strus flailed his off hand and hooked brunson

I missed the game ugh. Was this the play you guys are talking about? I am completely baffled with calls like this

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
5/13/2023  4:57 PM
ToddBot with the final one.

Thanks again for all your ScoreBot replacement posts. Will try to fix this in the offseason. Good stuff all year long and appreciate it.

ToddTT wrote:

1 2 3 4 T
-- -- -- -- ---
Knicks 47-35 31 19 21 21 92
Heat 44-38 24 27 23 22 96

STARTERS MINS PTS FG 3PT FT OFF DEF REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/-
-------------------- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Q. Grimes G 31 3 1-6 1-6 0-0 0 2 2 3 1 0 0 1 3
J. Brunson G 45 42 14-22 5-10 9-10 0 4 4 3 3 1 0 4 4
J. Randle F 35 15 3-14 1-7 8-9 2 9 11 3 3 0 2 2 3
R. Barrett F 32 11 1-10 0-3 9-10 0 2 2 1 3 0 0 5 -6
M. Robinson C 28 2 0-2 0-0 2-2 5 6 11 1 0 0 1 2 0

BENCH MINS PTS FG 3PT FT OFF DEF REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/-
-------------------- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
J. Hart 33 11 5-10 1-4 0-0 1 6 7 1 2 1 1 5 -3
I. Hartenstein 18 2 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 0 4 3 -3
O. Toppin 12 7 2-5 2-5 1-2 0 3 3 1 0 0 0 0 -6
M. McBride 2 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 -7

STARTERS MINS PTS FG 3PT FT OFF DEF REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/-
G. Vincent G 31 7 3-8 1-5 0-0 1 2 3 5 2 1 0 4 11
M. Strus G 34 14 4-11 1-6 5-6 0 6 6 3 0 0 0 1 1
J. Butler F 41 24 7-22 0-3 10-11 1 7 8 4 0 1 0 2 -1
K. Love F 15 3 1-1 1-1 0-0 0 3 3 2 0 0 0 2 -4
B. Adebayo C 38 23 9-20 0-0 5-5 3 6 9 1 2 2 1 3 -7

BENCH MINS PTS FG 3PT FT OFF DEF REB AST TO STL BLK PF +/-
K. Lowry 31 11 4-6 1-2 2-2 2 2 4 8 1 2 1 4 -1
C. Martin 24 8 3-7 1-3 1-1 0 5 5 1 1 1 0 3 4
D. Robinson 14 6 2-7 2-7 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
C. Zeller 9 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 2 2 1 1 0 0 2 10

martin
USA
5/13/2023  5:04 PM
IKD Clean, I wouldn't get too caught up with the Butler and doubling thing. Knicks maybe didn't execute those doubles and triple team very well or even close to correctly but let's not think that was the actual downfall of the Knicks.

When 3 of your starters go 3-14, 1-10 and 1-6, doubling and tripling Butler in a really close game probably is not the underlying problem.

Clean wrote:
mindless was the right way to put it. The Heat showed us they will make us pay for doing it every game except game 5 but we never waivered from doing the same thing over and over. got to love those Thibs adjustments.
martin
USA
5/13/2023  5:06 PM
Thanks again for all your help with the GameThreads this year, and everyone else who also created.

Appreciate the efforts and the recaps. Good stuff man!

SergioNYK wrote:

martin
USA
5/13/2023  8:20 PM
martin
USA
5/13/2023  8:53 PM
Butler averaged 38PPG shooting 44% from 3point land, 60% from the field against Milwaukee.

But limiting Butler with double teams thereby making other less non all star players beat you is a bad strategy?

Someone wake me up when this makes sense.

martin wrote:IKD Clean, I wouldn't get too caught up with the Butler and doubling thing. Knicks maybe didn't execute those doubles and triple team very well or even close to correctly but let's not think that was the actual downfall of the Knicks.

When 3 of your starters go 3-14, 1-10 and 1-6, doubling and tripling Butler in a really close game probably is not the underlying problem.

Clean wrote:
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/13/2023  9:04 PM
Knicks defensive strategy was fine. They couldn't score all series. Last night they just didnt give us anything outside of Brunson.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/13/2023  10:29 PM
An interesting conundrum with the Knicks was Brunson's dominance. When Brunson is in scoring mode, he literally might be the only player that touches the ball. The Knicks direly needed someone else to play PG and at least swing the ball around for 10 seconds before giving the ball to Brunson - at least pretend to make someone else a scoring threat and make the defense work.

Of course, it's not like the other Knicks could get anything going.

Opportunities missed.

Quickley's absence really put us off-balance. In the Cleveland series, even though his offense was off, he still contributed strong D and was a capable ball handler at bringing it across center court and doing a little token movement without the ball.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
[Game Thread 5/12/23] 2nd Round DO OR DIE Game 6 at Heat - 7:30PM - ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy