[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 3/14/23] Knicks at Blazers 10PM
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/15/2023  12:26 AM
Deuce would have been the number 1 overall pick if he stayed in school and came out this year!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG

3/15/2023  12:28 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

3/15/2023  12:31 AM
Solid win without our best player and playing a West Coast team we are better than, but probably would've lost to last year. Our bench really showed up.

This is the type of game which should really help McBride's confidence. He played tough D against a team with two very good guards, and also looked confident on offense. He played like he belonged on the court with those guys.

Hart also wanted to impress his old team, and did, while Cam basically disappeared.

Wish Grimes had shown up on offense.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/15/2023  12:35 AM
Noice win. 2-2 west coast trip. Back in 5th place. We can live with that.

The Knicks did that thing that good teams do toward the end of the 3rd quarter and went on a big run to end the period.
The Blazers seemed shellshocked after that barrage.

* Hart with the near triple double... contributed all around.
* McBride put some some big numbers! Responded to all those calling for Rose to take up some minutes. Great confidence builder - Thibs can count on him for quality minutes big and small.
* RJ had a really efficient game with 22pts on only 13 shots! Plus he had an uncharacteristic 3 blocked shots.
* What's up with Mitch? He's had a number of quiet games as of late. Is he hurt, or do the matchups not work for him?
* On the other hand, Hartenstein put a very full statline - involved in the offense, moving the ball, looking like a quality player.

* Reddish had a quintessential Reddish game - some steals, but something missing. Sure he missed shots, but maybe it's his team d. Dunno. He finished with a game low -27. I guess I was a little surprised that he didn't carve out a bigger role tonight. I've been pondering this trade. The Blazers (in the playoff hunt) traded away a major glue player for a 1st round pick and a gamble on a reclamation project in Reddish. It's like they knew they'd be getting worse, but were banking that some of their young guys (and Reddish) would step up into the role.
* You have to wonder what Lillard's state of mind is. When he re-signed with the Blazers, it's almost like he conceded in winning... and figured it'd be great to retire having played for only 1 team. Nice story, but it has to wear on him to have such an uneven team for so many years.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG

3/15/2023  12:35 AM
So, it was politics, huh? Will Cam still be saying the same thing in China next year?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/15/2023  12:40 AM
Hart to Hart, Duece Bigalow and Obi Wan all beautiful to watch today and can I compliment the simple yet elegant game thread tonight.

Kudos to Thibs - when these cats aren’t tossing bricks they play with pit bull like aggression.

Couldn’t be happier for Duece

LivingLegend

3/15/2023  12:43 AM
Hart +26 in 37 mins
Cam -27 in only 19 mins —— ouch.
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

3/15/2023  12:46 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:So, it was politics, huh? Will Cam still be saying the same thing in China next year?

Cruel...very cruel.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/15/2023  12:56 AM
Finally from Deuce. Finally. Great great team win.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/15/2023  12:57 AM
Simons sucks too btw
The Future is Bright!
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/15/2023  1:03 AM
CleaverGreene wrote:Solid win without our best player and playing a West Coast team we are better than, but probably would've lost to last year. Our bench really showed up.

This is the type of game which should really help McBride's confidence. He played tough D against a team with two very good guards, and also looked confident on offense. He played like he belonged on the court with those guys.

Hart also wanted to impress his old team, and did, while Cam basically disappeared.

Wish Grimes had shown up on offense.

We DID lose to them last calendar year/ this season. I'm still having nightmares of Jerami Grant shooting 28 free throws and Simmons lighting it up.

Since Brunson went down, McBride played 9 minutes per in the 3 losses and 21 in the two wins. I guess it's good it only took 3 games for Thibs to figure out what us fanatics noticed in 3 quarters.

Knicks lose the tie breaker against Brooklyn so it's losses which are important. Knicks are still in 6th place until Brooklyn loses again.

I'm not a doctor but it seems like Brunson should have sat this trip out. I'm sure he's been walking plenty from the airport to hotel to arena and back.

As long as RJ brings his 3 point attempts down he should be able to make good on that contract.Our small sample size stat of the night is him shooting 62% on 14.5 2's per game of the last two. If he keeps it up we can spend all summer arguing about whether a Butler Barrett trade makes sense.

Until then, we can ponder going back to a ten man rotation.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

3/15/2023  3:27 AM
New York = 123
@
Portland = 107

💙JOSH HART🧡
37 MINUTES✔️
16 PTS✔️
9 REB✔️
8 AST✔️
3 STL✔️
+/- of +26 (GAME HIGH)✅

Vs.

Cam Reddish:
19 MIN
2 PTS
1 REB
0 AST
FG 1/6
+/- of -27 (game low)❌

Coach Tom Thibs had every right to bench Cam Reddish (@ 9-11 overall) in order to develop his most trusted and/or favorite 9 (with Cam Reddish not being one of them).

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/15/2023  3:43 AM
NYKMentality wrote:New York = 123
@
Portland = 107

💙JOSH HART🧡
37 MINUTES✔️
16 PTS✔️
9 REB✔️
8 AST✔️
3 STL✔️
+/- of +26 (GAME HIGH)✅

Vs.

Cam Reddish:
19 MIN
2 PTS
1 REB
0 AST
FG 1/6
+/- of -27 (game low)❌

Coach Tom Thibs had every right to bench Cam Reddish (@ 9-11 overall) in order to develop his most trusted and/or favorite 9 (with Cam Reddish not being one of them).

Welcome back

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/15/2023  6:53 AM
I went to bed after the first quarter and expected to wake up to another L and a 1 + 3 road trip. It was an awful first quarter shooting for Randle and RJ. I’m kinda shocked they made it back to half way respectable.

Can’t wait to watch the game later today.

McBride needs more time, even when JB gets back.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/15/2023  7:08 AM
NYKMentality wrote:New York = 123
@
Portland = 107

💙JOSH HART🧡
37 MINUTES✔️
16 PTS✔️
9 REB✔️
8 AST✔️
3 STL✔️
+/- of +26 (GAME HIGH)✅

Vs.

Cam Reddish:
19 MIN
2 PTS
1 REB
0 AST
FG 1/6
+/- of -27 (game low)❌

My man took a corner 3 and hit the side of the backboard. Reddish had some ugly looking shots.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
Member: #748
3/15/2023  7:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  7:33 AM
I feel like a proud parent. I wanted deuce to have this type of game so that fans can see for themselves and now believe in deuce. His defense alone is needed. He must have been killing in practice which is why he made thibs 9 man rotation over rose. So cudos to thibs for developing deuce.

I also missed the game and fell asleep in the 2nd quarter. Wish I had a dvr. I need to see this one. Congrats on the win.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/15/2023  9:15 AM
i don't wish ill on Cam but when he hit the side of the backboard at a key point i was like -- that sums it up

best thing about it was it was another team effort at both ends of the floor.

(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2023  9:44 AM
blkexec wrote:I feel like a proud parent. I wanted deuce to have this type of game so that fans can see for themselves and now believe in deuce. His defense alone is needed. He must have been killing in practice which is why he made thibs 9 man rotation over rose. So cudos to thibs for developing deuce.

I also missed the game and fell asleep in the 2nd quarter. Wish I had a dvr. I need to see this one. Congrats on the win.

Same thing happened to me. Did record the rest, and watched it late last night. Deuce hit his open looks, which was partly why he got bounced from the rotation. He was also driving and finishing.

They won the game without Randle having to be the main driver, and without Brunson. The FO has a decision to make about both players in the offseason. Im guessing that either RJ or Randle will be moved.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
3/15/2023  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  9:56 AM
To come back down 16 on the road and finish this road trip 2-2 without Brunson is a huge accomplishment!

This was the Deuce McBride game! So happy for this kid to see him play like that! His man on man defense is always elite but so great to see him knocking down that three! And that chase down block on Simons was one of the best plays of the season and it symbolizes Deuce! Loved the dunk too! I know the Hart trade was really good but I hope Thibs finds even 5 minutes for Deuce. He just impacts the game!

Randle didn't hit a three and struggled to start the game which was surprising but he made some power buckets and finished with a solid game. Also loved how he moved the ball and didn't force the issue. Really good efficient game from RJ too especially in that third quarter to build the lead. IQ did his thing and hit some big shots along with Obi in that second quarter to keep the game from getting out of hand. Good game from Hart too against his former team!

Dame is really good. Always admired his game and commitment to that team and even more respect for not jumping ship.

LivingLegend

3/15/2023  9:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:I feel like a proud parent. I wanted deuce to have this type of game so that fans can see for themselves and now believe in deuce. His defense alone is needed. He must have been killing in practice which is why he made thibs 9 man rotation over rose. So cudos to thibs for developing deuce.

Same thing happened to me. Did record the rest, and watched it late last night. Deuce hit his open looks, which was partly why he got bounced from the rotation. He was also driving and finishing.

They won the game without Randle having to be the main driver, and without Brunson. The FO has a decision to make about both players in the offseason. Im guessing that either RJ or Randle will be moved.

As much as he drives me crazy on occasion I just can’t see them trading Randle — it’s not just his scoring but it’s his physicality we’d miss the most but maybe I guess.

I think / hope RJ could be moved but wouldn’t bet a nickel in that outcome.

[Game Thread 3/14/23] Knicks at Blazers 10PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy