USA
1/25/2023  12:10 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:Refs swallowed the whistle on a lot of calls that could have gone knicks way. Glad to see they swallowed at the end.

Garland getting touch fouls called to his benefit was pretty maddening considering the way things were being otherwise called.

RJ didn't really touch Garland on the play right? I didn't see it fully.

Feels like the refs are trying to help the Knicks tank. But not tonight!

Yes he did. It was a continuation foul with the body. I still prefer the 90s where that’s not a foul. In 2023 it’s a foul.

The call was very suspect. I didn’t see any continuation w body. I thought they saw a hand on the hip. Same thing they called randle for. That said there were tons of plays w 10-100x more contact and no call

This is why I hate the nbas response to officiating complaints. First they only focus on the last 2 minutes. Why? All the buckets matter. Second and more important they never address the consistency issue. Every player and every coach stresses that’s the key issue. Be consistent so play can be adjusted. The calls are inconsistent among players (eg star treatment or some guys like ihart being called for foul based on reputation) and inconsistent over the course of the game

Nah, it was def. a foul. Bad defense by RJ. He was following Garland instead of getting in front of him. Hit him with his body.

I was watching the league pass feed and replay and it seemed marginal (which breen and Clyde said as well IIRC) but regardless seemed inconsistent w tempo at the time.

I recall Clyde saying after watching the replay that it was a foul and admonishing RJ for the foul, saying "you can't foul in that situation"

Right. RJ is almost at Randle level when trying to think through a play or game at key junctures.

Just gonzo stupid.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2023  1:08 PM
martin wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:Refs swallowed the whistle on a lot of calls that could have gone knicks way. Glad to see they swallowed at the end.

Garland getting touch fouls called to his benefit was pretty maddening considering the way things were being otherwise called.

RJ didn't really touch Garland on the play right? I didn't see it fully.

Feels like the refs are trying to help the Knicks tank. But not tonight!

Yes he did. It was a continuation foul with the body. I still prefer the 90s where that’s not a foul. In 2023 it’s a foul.

The call was very suspect. I didn’t see any continuation w body. I thought they saw a hand on the hip. Same thing they called randle for. That said there were tons of plays w 10-100x more contact and no call

This is why I hate the nbas response to officiating complaints. First they only focus on the last 2 minutes. Why? All the buckets matter. Second and more important they never address the consistency issue. Every player and every coach stresses that’s the key issue. Be consistent so play can be adjusted. The calls are inconsistent among players (eg star treatment or some guys like ihart being called for foul based on reputation) and inconsistent over the course of the game

Nah, it was def. a foul. Bad defense by RJ. He was following Garland instead of getting in front of him. Hit him with his body.

I was watching the league pass feed and replay and it seemed marginal (which breen and Clyde said as well IIRC) but regardless seemed inconsistent w tempo at the time.

I recall Clyde saying after watching the replay that it was a foul and admonishing RJ for the foul, saying "you can't foul in that situation"

Right. RJ is almost at Randle level when trying to think through a play or game at key junctures.

Just gonzo stupid.

UG its brutal. Will experience help or we trying to "fix stupid?"

Ingram is hurt a lot but a gifted offensive player... would you make a deal around Ingram for RJ (reunite RJ/Zion)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2023  2:03 PM
This is a good sign for Deuce, he is starting to put things together.

Rubio prob a Gleague level defender right now coming off injury but it's still nice.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2023  2:09 PM
Brunson finally made his FT's down the stretch, baby steps
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/25/2023  5:54 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/25/2023  5:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ToddTT wrote:Obi runs in transition like somebody just told him he’s pretty.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/25/2023  11:39 PM
I feel like Hart really turned a corner this game. He's been in a major slump lately but this one he made some real positive contributions on both sides of the ball. I think he should be the starter until Robinson comes back. I'd still like to see Obi take a swing with Randle but it looks like This won't do so. Hopefully Hart's best games are still in front of him.
[Game Thread 1/24/22] Knicks vs Cavs 7:30PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy