[Game Thread 1/22/23] Knicks @ Raptors 6PM
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/23/2023  7:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Obi is starting to hit. That's a positive.

Toppin's 12 pts 1 rb 1 ast, in 7 minutes of the first half, did not play in the 3rd quarter, but played 4 min in the 4th quarter to have a 5-7 FG (4-5 3's) for 14 pts in 11 minutes.

My luv for Brunson has dropped tremendously .. Brunson don't push the ball, don't throw lob passes to bigmen, nor backdoor passes, nor has Brunson showed any team-leadership.
Brunson is a ball-stopper, and a shoot first PG.
Now, I wish we had Haliburton.
The 2nd season Scotty Barnes knows how to beat Randle & Brunson .. SAD!

Losing interest in Brunson is insane. He’s been unbelievable.

It’s not Brunson’s fault. The rotation is configured completely wrong

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/23/2023  8:11 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:

Toppin's 12 pts 1 rb 1 ast, in 7 minutes of the first half, did not play in the 3rd quarter, but played 4 min in the 4th quarter to have a 5-7 FG (4-5 3's) for 14 pts in 11 minutes.

My luv for Brunson has dropped tremendously .. Brunson don't push the ball, don't throw lob passes to bigmen, nor backdoor passes, nor has Brunson showed any team-leadership.

And Brunson is playing like he did in Dallas. We knew he was a scoring PG before we signed him. But in Dallas Luca was the PG and Brunson was the off guard. Now as a lead guard Brunson is trying to find the right balance for this team to win. And since Luca provided the in person example of a PG, it’s only normal to model your game after such a great player (Luca). But the balance he will need to help us win consistently, that will take time.

We have so many holes to fill, and Brunson is so talented he can actually fill the scoring and passing issues. Hes a floor general and one of the few PG Randle clicks with, but he’s just in a funk right now. But when he plays his game, he’s a natural scoring guard who can carry a team in a lot of ways.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2023  8:25 AM
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Starting Grimes and sending Cam to the phantom zone has already peaked. We literally cannot win a game right now

And it’s not like they both can’t be in the rotation together

IQ has shown he can play the 2 well. Im still hoping he can switch roles with Grimes, for a stretch anyway.

The hart experiment has to end. Have Obi either start at C or be the backup C while Mitch is out. Hart cannot make a shot ever and is too slow on defense. Leave Fournier on the bench he’s a sunk cost. Stick Cam back in the rotation to backup both forward positions

I don’t know what interpersonal issue exists between Thibs and Reddish but Thibs needs to realize he will be fired next summer if we don’t at least make the play in and this season is turning into a plane crash

Obi has a good shooting game and gets 10 minutes. Great.

Cam must have gone to management or cursed out Thibs or something. Only explanation.

And I would agree - Start Obi And Randle, have Simms and Cam off the bench.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2023  8:30 AM
franco12 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Starting Grimes and sending Cam to the phantom zone has already peaked. We literally cannot win a game right now

IQ has shown he can play the 2 well. Im still hoping he can switch roles with Grimes, for a stretch anyway.

The hart experiment has to end. Have Obi either start at C or be the backup C while Mitch is out. Hart cannot make a shot ever and is too slow on defense. Leave Fournier on the bench he’s a sunk cost. Stick Cam back in the rotation to backup both forward positions

I don’t know what interpersonal issue exists between Thibs and Reddish but Thibs needs to realize he will be fired next summer if we don’t at least make the play in and this season is turning into a plane crash

Cam must have gone to management or cursed out Thibs or something. Only explanation.

As some have guessed, it might be a case of the FO knowing Cam's injury history, and arent risking a pick or other asset to give Cam PT. We should know soon enough one way or another what the deal is.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2023  8:45 AM
Tough pass, tough catch. Really nice

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
1/23/2023  9:00 AM
Can’t play Obi 3 minutes in the second half.

Thibs has destroy his value and his confidence.

We need a new coach

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2023  9:05 AM
Was there any explanation or what lead to why Randle and Fournier were having words?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2023  9:09 AM
martin wrote:Tough pass, tough catch. Really nice

Our failure in crunch time often has our trio dribbling into double and a turnover ensues. Closers close. Randle does OK with getting to the rim, Brunson has a learning curve to figure out. outside of Luca being injured his closeout experience is still developing. At 22 RJ still gets a pass for his mistakes. He seems progressing in very small increments but im a bias fan of the young man. Same with Grimes. I think last night they encouraged him to make plays. His drives fun to watch but when erratic they are a big delusional. Brunson had a few second half ones too that were not great. RJ? Well, him too. If they hit more they’ll win more.
one has to think Coaches are thinking this will bet better. With Mitch at crunch time you had the leagues 2nd best offnsive rebounder cleaning up misses. Lets be real, he was not in the game for his foul shooting!!!!

Knicks are about a 500 team. Frustrating at times for sure but as often mentioned what was expected?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2023  9:11 AM
martin wrote:Was there any explanation or what lead to why Randle and Fournier were having words?

I missed that. They had on court issues last season that lead to Randles frustrations at times.
Not saying he was the sole reason randle unwound last year.

Philc1

1/23/2023  9:35 AM
franco12 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It’s gonna be really disappointing if this team misses the playoffs due to severe in season mismanagement. I know the groupthink narrative is we have zero talent despite Grimes being supposedly the next Kobe but we are probably the 15th or 16th most talented roster in the league and may not make the play-in.

But Reggie Bullock at the trade deadline I’m sure that fixes it.

Philc1

1/23/2023  9:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2023  9:37 AM
martin wrote:Was there any explanation or what lead to why Randle and Fournier were having words?

Probably Randle was trapped by a double team and Fournier just stood there like the stiff that he is instead of coming over to get a pass and then take a wide open 3

Clean
Member: #743
1/23/2023  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2023  9:46 AM

But I just keep on making things up.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/23/2023  11:13 AM
Same exact loss as the Atlanta game. Start off sleep walking on defense, allow wide open threes, dig ourselves a double digit hole, climb all the way back, tie the game in the fourth and revert back to playing no defense and get blown out.

Offensively we were good enough with 116 points on 48% shooting and 18/41 from three. Although the turnovers killed us. Especially at the start of the fourth quarter. But we again lost this game on defense. We played none. You're not going to win allowing 125 points and 15/34 from three. This team needs to stop trying to be the D'Antoni Suns! It doesn't work! It's already been proven our best chance is to slow the game down, play defense, rebound and take care of the ball! I don't buy fatigue being an excuse! If you have energy to score 116 points, you have enough energy to defend.

Grimes especially has really declined defensively the past week. He's playing Fournier type defense in effort and technique. He's here to be the defender stopper, not another gunner.

Very disappointed and the schedule is tough this week. We could easily extend this losing streak to 7 and fall to .500 by the end of the week.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2023  12:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

As some have guessed, it might be a case of the FO knowing Cam's injury history, and arent risking a pick or other asset to give Cam PT. We should know soon enough one way or another what the deal is.

they can't get a 2nd rounder for Cam - what is the risk of him getting hurt?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/23/2023  1:44 PM
blkexec wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:

And Brunson is playing like he did in Dallas. We knew he was a scoring PG before we signed him. But in Dallas Luca was the PG and Brunson was the off guard. Now as a lead guard Brunson is trying to find the right balance for this team to win. And since Luca provided the in person example of a PG, it’s only normal to model your game after such a great player (Luca). But the balance he will need to help us win consistently, that will take time.

We have so many holes to fill, and Brunson is so talented he can actually fill the scoring and passing issues. Hes a floor general and one of the few PG Randle clicks with, but he’s just in a funk right now. But when he plays his game, he’s a natural scoring guard who can carry a team in a lot of ways.

This. Most of the comments I have issue with are the ones where people expect a drastic change in a players production/game and blame them for not meeting their personal expectations.
JB is a high end scorer. He is proven to be clutch. Nice inside game. Not a great defender nor can he take a team on his back and beat good teams singlehandedly.

Most of the complaints on this thread seem shortsighted.
We do not have a complete roster. Reason for FO looking to bring in a formidable piece like DM. We now have our main defensive piece on the injury list and our key sixth missing a game. Yet fans prefer to ignore the obvious and rather whine about everything else.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/23/2023  1:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2023  1:50 PM
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Sometimes it is because of player or players rep request. Either way, does it really matter? It has been decided, that Cam is not part of the future. Him playing probably does not change the outcome of all our games.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/23/2023  2:31 PM
That looked like Allan Houston at the game. Does he normally travel with the Team?
MS
Member: #724
1/23/2023  4:08 PM
You know what’s incredible.

Barrett starts the forth, two awful turnovers, one missed pass for an easy bucket, gets backed in by Barnes then doesn’t box out and commits a foul and Obi is taken out, Barrett remains in.

Thibs double standards are ridiculous.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2023  5:21 PM
Even if they cant get a draft pick, they might be interested in addressing a need with a trade. Remember Shumpert?

franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Philc1

1/23/2023  7:22 PM
blkexec wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:

If it wasn’t for Brunson we might be 10 games under .500

[Game Thread 1/22/23] Knicks @ Raptors 6PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy