Disaster. What to say other than I hope they lose
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/27/2023  9:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
franco12 wrote:we will just miss franchise talent in the draft. take that to the bank. If Dallas is in the lottery, they will win or move up, we will be left watching.

I was told by most Knicks they don’t want a franchise talent. They rather have coy Thibs playing his vets. And those who agreed stayed quite. Funny how the entire board is now changing or finally speaking up. I was on this hill by myself and said, no worries……the fans will speak louder than me eventually.

Time to sit back and watch this soap opera crash.

Dolan and his caa buddy buddy system ain’t working.

You was on that hill by yourself. You still there?

Don't repost his previous opinions.
He will go on a three page tirade on how petty that is.
C'mon Blkexec, Am I a little funny!?

Do have to say, as much as it pains me, Blkexec was right about Deuce. Kid was making a huge difference and provided a boost prior to Hart. Don't agree that Thibs needed his advice on playing IQ and Grimes however. Think Thibs had that figured out all by himself last year.
Also would not include Blkexec in the group of the Vmart's, PhilC's, Kemet's of the board.
Who seem to enjoy disfunction. Or maybe it's their way of being loyal fans. Blkexec had valid concerns about Thibs affinity for vets. That's his reputation. Despite the fact guys like EF were breaking three point records and guys like Burks were balling out. Also, does not consider the business side of the NBA. The one where it's hard to bench a guy making$20M for the 15th man just cuz fans think they play good D. For me, the biggest reason we are ballin is JB, Randle, IQ, Grimes and now JHart. Not to mention good glue man production from Hartenstein.

All in all we should all be happy about what's going on. With of course the occasional hater chiming in about someone having a bad game.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2023  10:23 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
franco12 wrote:we will just miss franchise talent in the draft. take that to the bank. If Dallas is in the lottery, they will win or move up, we will be left watching.

I was told by most Knicks they don’t want a franchise talent. They rather have coy Thibs playing his vets. And those who agreed stayed quite. Funny how the entire board is now changing or finally speaking up. I was on this hill by myself and said, no worries……the fans will speak louder than me eventually.

Time to sit back and watch this soap opera crash.

Dolan and his caa buddy buddy system ain’t working.

You was on that hill by yourself. You still there?

Don't repost his previous opinions.
He will go on a three page tirade on how petty that is.
C'mon Blkexec, Am I a little funny!?

Do have to say, as much as it pains me, Blkexec was right about Deuce. Kid was making a huge difference and provided a boost prior to Hart. Don't agree that Thibs needed his advice on playing IQ and Grimes however. Think Thibs had that figured out all by himself last year.
Also would not include Blkexec in the group of the Vmart's, PhilC's, Kemet's of the board.
Who seem to enjoy disfunction. Or maybe it's their way of being loyal fans. Blkexec had valid concerns about Thibs affinity for vets. That's his reputation. Despite the fact guys like EF were breaking three point records and guys like Burks were balling out. Also, does not consider the business side of the NBA. The one where it's hard to bench a guy making$20M for the 15th man just cuz fans think they play good D. For me, the biggest reason we are ballin is JB, Randle, IQ, Grimes and now JHart. Not to mention good glue man production from Hartenstein.

All in all we should all be happy about what's going on. With of course the occasional hater chiming in about someone having a bad game.

I dont not bring this back from the dead. It appeared.
Blkexec has an penchant for the last word and perhaps a strong opinion that the fans have a voice. WE don’t.
Goodness sake thats a good thing. We like to extrapolate the present into the future.
All I have preached is not a prediction but “just because it has not happend does not mean it can’t”, or in other words “have an imagination”!!!!
My expectations are tempered still but Im having fun this season! Love to see a top 6 finish and GAMES THAT MATTER AND A RIVALRY THAT HAS CONSEQUENCES!!!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2023  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2023  11:25 AM

Since BRIGGS created the most unlikely jinx thread:

This was on Dec. 4, about 30 hours after a humiliating home loss to the Mavericks in which the Knicks allowed 24 made 3-pointers and gave up a mind-numbing 41 third-quarter points. They were booed off the Garden floor and sunk to a season-low three games under .500.

That night, coach Tom Thibodeau made a change. He sliced his rotation down to nine and sent Cam Reddish and Derrick Rose to the bench. The Knicks responded with their best win of the season to that point, a 92-81 victory over the Cavaliers.

“Sometimes, you lose rhythm if you’re playing too many guys,” Thibodeau said at the time. “It’s better to make a tough decision and get where everyone has rhythm.”

That tough decision was the spark the Knicks needed, apparently. Since then, they have been one of the best teams in the league, sitting eight games north of .500 at 35-27. This is no longer a small sample size. It can’t be dismissed. It shouldn’t be disregarded. Through injuries and slumps, Thibodeau has stuck with that nine-man rotation to splendid results.

Over the last 39 games, the Knicks have won 25 times, and they didn’t have the services of defensive backbone Mitchell Robinson for 12 of those contests. Only four title-contending teams — the 76ers, Nuggets, Bucks and Celtics — have a higher winning percentage in that time. That’s a 53-win pace over nearly half of a season. In those 39 games, the Knicks have the fourth-best offensive rating in the league (118.1), the ninth-best defensive rating (112.9), a number that would likely be higher had Robinson not suffered that fractured right thumb, and tied with the Nuggets for the second-best NET rating (plus 5.2), meaning they are outscoring the opposition by 5.2 points per 100 possessions in that time.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/27/2023  11:50 AM
martin wrote:

Since BRIGGS created the most unlikely jinx thread:

This was on Dec. 4, about 30 hours after a humiliating home loss to the Mavericks in which the Knicks allowed 24 made 3-pointers and gave up a mind-numbing 41 third-quarter points. They were booed off the Garden floor and sunk to a season-low three games under .500.

That night, coach Tom Thibodeau made a change. He sliced his rotation down to nine and sent Cam Reddish and Derrick Rose to the bench. The Knicks responded with their best win of the season to that point, a 92-81 victory over the Cavaliers.

“Sometimes, you lose rhythm if you’re playing too many guys,” Thibodeau said at the time. “It’s better to make a tough decision and get where everyone has rhythm.”

That tough decision was the spark the Knicks needed, apparently. Since then, they have been one of the best teams in the league, sitting eight games north of .500 at 35-27. This is no longer a small sample size. It can’t be dismissed. It shouldn’t be disregarded. Through injuries and slumps, Thibodeau has stuck with that nine-man rotation to splendid results.

Over the last 39 games, the Knicks have won 25 times, and they didn’t have the services of defensive backbone Mitchell Robinson for 12 of those contests. Only four title-contending teams — the 76ers, Nuggets, Bucks and Celtics — have a higher winning percentage in that time. That’s a 53-win pace over nearly half of a season. In those 39 games, the Knicks have the fourth-best offensive rating in the league (118.1), the ninth-best defensive rating (112.9), a number that would likely be higher had Robinson not suffered that fractured right thumb, and tied with the Nuggets for the second-best NET rating (plus 5.2), meaning they are outscoring the opposition by 5.2 points per 100 possessions in that time.

I went to that Dallas game and a my friend I went with is insistent that I am the jinx. It sure if that meant I was good luck or bad luck.

Disaster. What to say other than I hope they lose

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy