[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Obi is fading, he needs to pull up his big boy pants and start impacting games cause he is doing didly out there
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/3/2022  9:48 AM
martin wrote:I don't know what more needs to be said.

He hits a few 3point shots and that's been a nice revelation. But the fast breaks are rarer and rarer and he has GOT to get some tough, in the scrum rebounds for team.

Do something that affects the game cause that's what is being asked of him and he is not doing it.

Obi can do that with 5 minutes of play or 15 or whatever, but DO IT

Could not agree more — playing soft as hell.

He is scared ****less to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket on anything outside of a clear path layup or dunk.

He looks weak as **** defensively and takes off early on what 80% of the other teams shots — add in he has been missing bunnies all year.

All that said - can we please get rid of extremely low in Randle - even though Randle provides our most physical presence.

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend

12/3/2022  9:50 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:I don't know what more needs to be said.

He hits a few 3point shots and that's been a nice revelation. But the fast breaks are rarer and rarer and he has GOT to get some tough, in the scrum rebounds for team.

Do something that affects the game cause that's what is being asked of him and he is not doing it.

Obi can do that with 5 minutes of play or 15 or whatever, but DO IT

Looking at last year, his performances were remarkably better with 20+ minutes a game. Overall stats. Can argue that he only gets 20+ minutes when he is doing really well and Randle is doing really bad, but it may also be that he needs to get into a flow of the game.

Issue is many of those +20 minute nights came late in the season when many games are scrimmages.

LivingLegend

12/3/2022  9:59 AM
Someone compared Obi to Shawn Marion and that has been my comp as well.

Amare was a much more physical/explosive presence pre-knee injuries and was more of a true PF/C.

Obi is more of a modern hybrid PF/SF —- in my mind Obi is timid but if allowed freedom to play 30 mins a night in a free flowing offense Obi would flourish - at least offensively.

He has shown good vision and passing instincts - I’d argue he both see;s the floor and passes better than RJ which is a sad statement on RJ.

This team just has so many poor fitting pieces — really need Randle to go and replace him with Defensive 4 in the Larry Nance Jr type so Obi can start and we have a PF defender coming off bench.

Obi is fading, he needs to pull up his big boy pants and start impacting games cause he is doing didly out there

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy