[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 11/30] Knicks vs Bucks 730pm
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

11/30/2022  10:02 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Knicks just can’t win close games.

Grayson Allen is waaaay better then Rj

That's it! No more RJ Barrett on the court going down the stretch of games !!!

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
11/30/2022  10:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks just can’t win close games.

That’s called a team that lacks an NBA star. Looks like RJ in crunch time should only play downhill or pass. JB should always have the ball in his hands in crunch time, then Randle.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/30/2022  10:03 PM
blkexec wrote:I feel sorry for RJ. He will get killed for that defensive lapse going under screen guarding a shooter. Then inexplicably took a bad 3 without running a set or creating space. He wants to be the man, but that’s a hard roll for him to play due to his lack of 1on1 moves which are too predictable.

But besides that he had a great game. Only true number players can step their game up in crunch time.

Missed free throws killed us.

Money Mitch. Can’t say enough about him. His play today made his contract look like a steal.

Great game for RJ ???? How many stupid drives and heaves to the basket did he do ? Man on two occasions he just shot like 5 feet off the net only to have a teamate catch the shot and put it in. The official scorer might have even given him an assist out of mercy. Plus his defense was trash all night. We win this game had Cam played ten more minutes

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/30/2022  10:08 PM
Mitch, Randle, Cam, Grimes, Brunson should start. RJ, IQ, Obi off the bench with Hart or Simms and Rose come in as needed
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/30/2022  10:10 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Mitch, Randle, Cam, Grimes, Brunson should start. RJ, IQ, Obi off the bench with Hart or Simms and Rose come in as needed

I agree. I was going to say the same thing. RJ needs to regroup.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/30/2022  10:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  10:38 PM
blkexec wrote:I feel sorry for RJ. He will get killed for that defensive lapse going under screen guarding a shooter. Then inexplicably took a bad 3 without running a set or creating space. He wants to be the man, but that’s a hard roll for him to play due to his lack of 1on1 moves which are too predictable.

But besides that he had a great game. Only true number players can step their game up in crunch time.

Missed free throws killed us.

Money Mitch. Can’t say enough about him. His play today made his contract look like a steal.

I feel sorry for the Canadian National team and it's fans when they have to watch RJ waive off of SGA to take another dumb shot.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Sambakick
Member: #5646

11/30/2022  10:19 PM
I may have to apologize to Julius Randle for all my criticism of him when he has to play with this version of RJ Barrett
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Clean
Member: #743
11/30/2022  10:50 PM
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/30/2022  11:00 PM
game in a nutshell: bucks can flip it to Allen who is probably their what 5th option but can shoot it with confidence

Knicks just don't do that. they put the ball in the hands of their high usage players who are not great shooters and many have not been clutch

as i've said before we need a killer more than a superstar (who are impossible to get anyway). We need a robert horry, mario elle, whoever. someone who plays big when it matters

my most realistic hope is that Grimes grows into a knock down shooter, or IQ shakes his funk. Geez i now trust Obi taking the shot more than RJ

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/30/2022  11:01 PM
the knicks do deserve credit for hustle and second and third efforts

they have to get over this hump where so many guys are in a funk at the same time

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2022  7:28 AM
Kicks played well and nearly won.
Brunson did not have a good game.
Robinson was awesome! One of his best!
Randle shooting was off but his defense and went to rim strong.
Rj had a good game. Y’all want to hate but he shot 50% across the board and defense was good.
If you look for mistakes, you’ll find them to **** on.
If Giannis was a knick fans here would focus on his end of quarter misses and fouling out.
They are the cream of the NBA right now. They beat us, we did no lose.
RJ shot that last on not out of ego, but time management and it was the play they ran.
Happy the kid is not shying away, instead had a very solid game more than any mistakes.
Grayson allen is a big athletic 6-5 player whose handle got better. With Giannis getting double and tripled he gets looks.
If you really hate this kid, and lord knows he was the posterchild for Duke hate, you do not want to look at pictures of his Soccer playing wife.

Canaughton shooting kept them in the game, Great defense, and Drue Holiday clutch when Giannis looked tired.

Knicks look like a team that is getting closer to finding itself.

blkexec
12/1/2022  7:36 AM
Chandler wrote:game in a nutshell: bucks can flip it to Allen who is probably their what 5th option but can shoot it with confidence

Knicks just don't do that. they put the ball in the hands of their high usage players who are not great shooters and many have not been clutch

as i've said before we need a killer more than a superstar (who are impossible to get anyway). We need a robert horry, mario elle, whoever. someone who plays big when it matters

my most realistic hope is that Grimes grows into a knock down shooter, or IQ shakes his funk. Geez i now trust Obi taking the shot more than RJ

The problem is thats RJs role....."Canadian Mamba"

Thats why the knicks paid him. His problem is he should stick to his strengths, especially in crunch time.

Grimes would be a better player in those positions because he's a triple threat. RJ is too predictable, so it's easier for teams to defend him in crunch time. Basically treat RJ like Yanas....And dare RJ to shoot a 3. Thats how most players guard him. He will improve and get better, but when?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler

12/1/2022  8:13 AM
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:game in a nutshell: bucks can flip it to Allen who is probably their what 5th option but can shoot it with confidence

Thats why the knicks paid him. His problem is he should stick to his strengths, especially in crunch time.

Grimes would be a better player in those positions because he's a triple threat. RJ is too predictable, so it's easier for teams to defend him in crunch time. Basically treat RJ like Yanas....And dare RJ to shoot a 3. Thats how most players guard him. He will improve and get better, but when?

But we now have a pg w a brain. So he should be able to flip it to an open guy who can shoot. I’m thinking guys like Danny green (when younger). Maybe a Duncan Robinson. Even a Steve Novak of yesteryear.

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/1/2022  9:18 AM
blkexec wrote:

Agree with this. You can tell Randle and JB knew they did not have it going and went to more of a down low role. Passed off. JB tried to draw more fouls. RJ just thinks he has to do too much. Did have a good game early. As you said on another post.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/1/2022  9:29 AM
Randle and JB had bad nights.
JB with only 5 assists. Same as Randle.
Randle had to contend with Freak and did go to blue collar rope at the end.
Randle 38 minutes too much. But then again who could cover the Freak?
Mitch was tall enough but to weak. Randle was strong enough but not tall enough.
For guys that were at the game, it's obvious the stature and strength of some guys vs others.
Holiday is a true power PG. Abused Grimes all night. And not due to Grimes lack of effort.
RJ has efficient game early but forces at end.
Our big three all went to "do it yourself" mode yet again against good competition or in crunch time.
Once again, bad 3pt shooting and we are just average.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TPercy
Member: #5748

12/1/2022  9:47 AM
I was so livid watching that last sequence. RJ overall wasn't bad but wtf was he thinking? who sanctioned you??
The Future is Bright!
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/1/2022  10:17 AM
Entertaining game and not too upset (maybe I'm getting soft? LOL). Third straight game we could have won. Can't knock the effort. If we play this hard, especially defensively (109 points on 43% and 10/35 from three is a huge improvement), we should win our fair share of games. But you can't beat yourself like going only 13/20 from the FT line.

Robinson was a monster! 20 rebounds with 11 offensive is insane! Really hoping he can somehow stay healthy and be more consistent because having a guy like that who can rebound and alter shots is a huge luxury. RJ had a good game but that last minute left a bad taste. I mean, his defense recovering on Allen's three wasn't too bad but it's the last minute of the game! You can't let anyone have even a little bit of time and space! I don't think he was locked in 110%. I also didn't like his last attempt from three. It felt like he was trying to play hero ball answering Allan and that's not his shot! Give it to Brunson, get to the corner and see if we can get a good open look. If that shot was a catch and shoot from the corner, I could live with it. But RJ taking a three on an Iso and pump faking is not a good shot imo.

Brunson was not 100% after he went down with the ankle to start the game. He's a gamer and tried his best so kudos for gutting it out but he didn't have the same speed getting into the paint. Hopefully it's not something that lingers. Randle was OK. Had some moments good and bad. The bench didn't really do anything special. Obi hit some threes which is a good sign.

Bucks are an elite team. Giannis is the best player in the league imo. He's just impossible to guard. Loved leaving him open to shoot the three but he made two of them. Robinson made it super tough on him but you simply cannot stop that guy when he's going full speed hitting reverse layups with contact. And Jrue is super underrated and good. Grimes couldn't check him. Portis hit some hooks but we'll live with that shot. And we'll never learn not to leave Connaughton wide open.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/1/2022  10:19 AM
TPercy wrote:I was so livid watching that last sequence. RJ overall wasn't bad but wtf was he thinking? who sanctioned you??

Hated hated HATED that attempt too. Would have much preferred trying to get something out of Brunson creating.

blkexec
12/1/2022  10:44 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Agree with this. You can tell Randle and JB knew they did not have it going and went to more of a down low role. Passed off. JB tried to draw more fouls. RJ just thinks he has to do too much. Did have a good game early. As you said on another post.

Yep, I actually watched this game and early on RJ and The Greek both scored 20 of their teams 60 pts. So RJ was rolling. But the difference between the real mamba and Canadian mamba is Kobe stepped up in crunch time. RJ doesn’t seem to have that yet, under these broadway lights. Everybody is not built for this. RJ might get to that level but when? Meanwhile JB and Randle are there.

I think it’s time to split RJ and Randle up.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/1/2022  10:59 AM
Knicks seemingly went over top of screens on Allen/Connington ALL NIGHT and got killed with drives/oops down the lane and the one time RJ needed to go over the screen to contest ALLEN 3 he goes under giving a clean look for game winner. You really can’t make this crap up.

Randle kills weak ass Piston team - then starts 2-4 against Bucks only to finish rest of night 6-18 while proving zero resistance against Yannis.

Randle/Barrett really hard to watch and Obi playing soft as a marshmallow lately. Seemingly afraid to do anything outside of dribble hand-off and jacking 3s

[Game Thread 11/30] Knicks vs Bucks 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy