[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What’s the Dallas pick going to look like?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2022  3:10 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I still have nightmares over the 1996 draft where we had three first round picks and ended up with John Wallace, Walter McCarthy and Dontae Jones when maybe we could have traded all of those picks and moved up for Kobe (RIP), Steve Nash or Jermaine O'Neal.

Don't get too attached to these picks in this upcoming draft. I think it's likely all will be traded at the deadline for an impact player.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. I’m still keeping my eye on Mitch and a pick going to Indiana for Turner.

lol not happening. No team in the Knicks position gives up a first round pick for a guy who is more injury prone than Mitch and will be an UFA.

At least set your trade expectations up to be more in line with what teams would give up in this situation.

Mitch is on a descending 4 year contract that starts at $17M and ends at $13M, that's an incredible value contract for his output and situation.

It would be a protected pick (not a Knicks pick) but Turner is really good. You underrate him. And he’s CAA now so the extension stuff would already be arranged.

dude he's a contract year player.

Right, plus he is due to get hurt and miss 20 games any time now

yeah, but he did say he was "CAA"! Its like prepay. Its all worked out!
LOL....
CAA has the biggest market share of any agency by far. How many times we gonna read "CAA" and what that do?
How did ths all get started? Dolan runs what kind of business? entertainment. What do you do when you own MSG, Radio city music hall, The beacon theatre, The chicago Theatre, Marquee day/nite club vegas, about 20 restuarants and night clubs, MSG Entertainment is building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has also announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. MSG Entertainment’s other properties include Boston Calling Events, which produces New England’s premier Boston Calling Music Festival, and Tao Group Hospitality with popular dining and nightlife brands that include: Tao, Hakkasan, Omnia, Marquee, Lavo, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale.

CAA clients play life concerts. You want to work with them. CAA represents Basketball players too. They all can't play for knicks.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/29/2022  5:58 PM
If the Knicks can’t develop them no point in having them. The Knicks have ruined many a young players careers.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2022  6:06 PM
Vmart wrote:If the Knicks can’t develop them no point in having them. The Knicks have ruined many a young players careers.

Knicks also marginal at drafting. Over rate mediocre players

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/29/2022  6:16 PM
Caseloads wrote:
martin wrote:I'm hoping the pick looks like #11, #12, or #13.

Exactly!!

Do not trade these picks this season - this draft is supposedly going to be the best draft ever. Get talent in this draft.

Dump Quickly and anyone else for 2023 picks (23 - the jordan number!)

Believe its a mistake to trade Quickley now. The knocks on his game were a problem getting to the rim. Relying on his floater. That and D that could use some improvement. Quickley has addressed both issues.

This version of Quickley has been playing for just a handful for games. So we can draft a player with mostly question marks. I'd like to see IQ finish the season. Was against the move to make him a PG. A waste of his skills as a gunner. If they dont want to make him a starting SG, would like to see him stay as a 6th man.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/29/2022  7:34 PM
Still early but mavericks are 11th in the west. Agree, Luka is too good to completely miss the postseason so hopefully we avoid losing the pick. Probably looking at pick 11 or 12 which is good
Philc1

11/29/2022  7:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:If we end up with 3 picks one of my picks would be edey from Purdue. wont go top 10 but reminds me a lot of yao ming---cannot pass that.

I’m as big a Wemby fan as anyone but he looks like a better Porzingis without the douchiness. Is that generational? I guess

Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/29/2022  10:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2022  10:43 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:If we end up with 3 picks one of my picks would be edey from Purdue. wont go top 10 but reminds me a lot of yao ming---cannot pass that.

I’m as big a Wemby fan as anyone but he looks like a better Porzingis without the douchiness. Is that generational? I guess

He is way more fluid than Porzingis. Wemby is nasty. Only thing that can stop him from being a Multi-time All-Star is injuries

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
11/30/2022  6:54 AM
martin wrote:I'm hoping the pick looks like #11, #12, or #13.

This one

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2022  10:29 AM
Philc1 wrote:Still early but mavericks are 11th in the west. Agree, Luka is too good to completely miss the postseason so hopefully we avoid losing the pick. Probably looking at pick 11 or 12 which is good

YOu mean convey to another year, not lose it.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/30/2022  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  12:05 PM
My understanding is the Mavs pick is top ten protected in the upcoming draft as well as the 2024 draft. If not conveyed becomes a second rounder in 2025.

Right now the Mavs like so many teams including the Knicks are at .500 or near and logjammed in the playoff hunt. In the East only 3 or 4 games separate positions 4 through 12ish, similar in the West. A lot of basketball to be played, but both the Knicks own pick and the Mavs’ could end up right in the same neighborhood, just inside or just outside the lottery.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/30/2022  12:08 PM
KnickDanger wrote:My understanding is the Mavs pick is top ten protected in the upcoming draft as well as the 2024 draft. If not conveyed becomes a second rounder in 2025.

Right now the Mavs like so many teams including the Knicks are at .500 or near and logjammed in the playoff hunt. In the East only 3 or 4 games separate positions 4 through 12ish, similar in the West. A lot of basketball to be played, but both the Knicks own pick and the Mavs’ could end up right in the same neighborhood, just inside or just outside the lottery.

Not to worry, Kemba gonna keep them in line and make sure they hover just above .500

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/30/2022  12:16 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:My understanding is the Mavs pick is top ten protected in the upcoming draft as well as the 2024 draft. If not conveyed becomes a second rounder in 2025.

Not to worry, Kemba gonna keep them in line and make sure they hover just above .500

Haven't learned your lesson from counting on Kemba? 25th pick in the draft incoming!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2022  12:31 PM
keep the picks, draft the best players available.

Move Fournier.
Bye: Ryan Arcidiacono, Mykhailiuk
Earn a spot: Keels

Thats 3 roster spots for 3 rookies. Keep Rose (he's expiring). All the young guys are back under contract except Cam. I would expect him to get a full MLE type offer (unless he's just terrible or exploded) and I would expect us to match something like that

Unless there's a player really worth trading for you stay the course and the let the youth fight for rotation minutes and keep the best

Stay the course. 2 years isnt really much time to build a pro sports team

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/30/2022  12:34 PM
fishmike wrote:keep the picks, draft the best players available.

Move Fournier.
Bye: Ryan Arcidiacono, Mykhailiuk
Earn a spotWaive: Keels

Thats 3 roster spots for 3 rookies. Keep Rose (he's expiring). All the young guys are back under contract except Cam. I would expect him to get a full MLE type offer (unless he's just terrible or exploded) and I would expect us to match something like that

Unless there's a player really worth trading for you stay the course and the let the youth fight for rotation minutes and keep the best

Stay the course. 2 years isnt really much time to build a pro sports team

Fixed it. Otherwise, solid plan.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
11/30/2022  12:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Haven't learned your lesson from counting on Kemba? 25th pick in the draft incoming!

Kemba was the tank master for us last year, he can do the same role in Dallas

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/30/2022  1:18 PM
im not trading quickly
The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
11/30/2022  2:05 PM
TPercy wrote:im not trading quickly

same. I love what he is doing and think the Knicks do too

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/30/2022  3:58 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:im not trading quickly

same. I love what he is doing and think the Knicks do too

+100

The two guys that have really taken that next step forward this year are IQ and Cam. IQ has improved pretty much all areas of his game except his shot, but since that's been shaky we got the flavor of the week crowd crying "draft picks!"

He's got to stay.

Philc1

11/30/2022  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  9:09 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

He is way more fluid than Porzingis. Wemby is nasty. Only thing that can stop him from being a Multi-time All-Star is injuries

That’s my main concern with Wemby. No one with that body type has managed to stay healthy long term in the nba. KP couldn’t. It was just a few years ago Zion was being called the next Lebron and then he went to the nba and started getting injured constantly

martin
USA
12/2/2022  12:50 PM
What's wrong with Dallas? Short answer: Losing Brunson. You know, that guy that helped propel Dallas to Western Conference files while giving a beat down to the soon to be traded Donovan Mitchel and the Utah Jazz in the first round with his good buddy Luca out for a few games.

Knicks sign the best offseason FA while at the same time increasing value of their top 11 protected first round pick next year. Win-Win.

What’s the Dallas pick going to look like?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy