[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What’s the Dallas pick going to look like?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/29/2022  9:07 AM
Dallas currently has a losing record and isn’t a good team. Knicks own Dallas pick 11-30 and I feel like even a healthy Doncic still caps them as a play-in team. If Doncic runs into any health issue, this pick could potentially land top 10 and we would have to wait. But I think the most likely range right now is 11-17. So what do they do with that pick? It’s a huge opportunity. I don’t think holding 2 picks in the teens allows them to move up much in this draft. But it gives them 2 cracks at a high level player who’s a sleeper outside of the top 10, or a big piece for a draft day trade. This draft is strong at the top, not overly deep, but deep enough where there’s always talent in the middle. The question is can it net a high level player on the trade market? I keep going back to that Jerami grant trade as a blueprint. He was trade for 1 future protected pick. That’s the sort of player you target via trade that is available every year. Obviously a blockbuster trade is an option too. But for as mediocre as this team is currently, we have Brunson and a lot of room for growth with the draft assets, and we may have caught a break with a Dallas pick that could land favorably in the 11-15 range.
AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/29/2022  9:28 AM
I still have nightmares over the 1996 draft where we had three first round picks and ended up with John Wallace, Walter McCarthy and Dontae Jones when maybe we could have traded all of those picks and moved up for Kobe (RIP), Steve Nash or Jermaine O'Neal.

Don't get too attached to these picks in this upcoming draft. I think it's likely all will be traded at the deadline for an impact player.

Knixkik
USA
11/29/2022  9:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2022  9:40 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I still have nightmares over the 1996 draft where we had three first round picks and ended up with John Wallace, Walter McCarthy and Dontae Jones when maybe we could have traded all of those picks and moved up for Kobe (RIP), Steve Nash or Jermaine O'Neal.

Don't get too attached to these picks in this upcoming draft. I think it's likely all will be traded at the deadline for an impact player.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. I’m still keeping my eye on Mitch and a pick going to Indiana for Turner.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/29/2022  9:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I still have nightmares over the 1996 draft where we had three first round picks and ended up with John Wallace, Walter McCarthy and Dontae Jones when maybe we could have traded all of those picks and moved up for Kobe (RIP), Steve Nash or Jermaine O'Neal.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. I’m still keeping my eye on Mitch and a pick going to Indiana for Turner.

Something reasonable for Turner and Buddy would help a lot.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2022  10:03 AM
I'm hoping the pick looks like #11, #12, or #13.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/29/2022  10:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:

lol not happening. No team in the Knicks position gives up a first round pick for a guy who is more injury prone than Mitch and will be an UFA.

At least set your trade expectations up to be more in line with what teams would give up in this situation.

Mitch is on a descending 4 year contract that starts at $17M and ends at $13M, that's an incredible value contract for his output and situation.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2022  10:09 AM
2023 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-10 in 2023, 1-10 in 2024 and 1-10 in 2025; if Dallas has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, then Dallas will instead convey its 2025 2nd round pick to New York [Dallas-New York, 1/31/2019]

2023 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2023, 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2023 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-14 in 2023, 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

We could have 3 picks in this draft.. god forbid KP/Beal stay healthy for 70ish games they could def be a play in team and cough up that pick as well. Either way we are getting a FRP from Was and Det in the next 5 years. Most likely Dallas this year as well
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/29/2022  10:11 AM
martin wrote:I'm hoping the pick looks like #11, #12, or #13.

Exactly!!

Do not trade these picks this season - this draft is supposedly going to be the best draft ever. Get talent in this draft.

Dump Quickly and anyone else for 2023 picks (23 - the jordan number!)

wargames
Member: #6053

11/29/2022  10:29 AM
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

Do not trade these picks this season - this draft is supposedly going to be the best draft ever. Get talent in this draft.

Best draft ever at pick #1 and #2

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/29/2022  10:45 AM
wargames wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

the rest of the picks should be solid in the first round too
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/29/2022  10:59 AM
Caseloads wrote:
wargames wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

A lot of solid wing sized creators. There should be solid rotation player available. The question comes down to how many roster spots will be available and how realistic will it be for the organization to bring in three new faces at once. Do you cut McBride? Sims? Is there an IQ or Rose trade on the horizon? At least two of those picks are being traded IMHO.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
11/29/2022  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2022  11:30 AM
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

I feel like every year is the best draft ever. But if you fast forward to 5 years later, it's the worst draft ever.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/29/2022  11:31 AM
blkexec wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

I feel like every year is the best draft ever. But if you fast forward to 5 years later, it's the worst draft ever.

For the Knicks anywayI feel people need to let the Steph Curry go. We have SGA and Spida to continue the misery now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
11/29/2022  2:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
wargames wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Exactly!!

A lot of solid wing sized creators. There should be solid rotation player available. The question comes down to how many roster spots will be available and how realistic will it be for the organization to bring in three new faces at once. Do you cut McBride? Sims? Is there an IQ or Rose trade on the horizon? At least two of those picks are being traded IMHO.

You don't need to cut anyone and you still have plenty of options. Consolidate picks. Trade any of Rose, Fournier, Randle, RJ (don't hate me!).

I think the Knicks will end up taking 2 players and I hope their own pick sneak tanks to the top

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2022  2:07 PM
If we end up with 3 picks one of my picks would be edey from Purdue. wont go top 10 but reminds me a lot of yao ming---cannot pass that.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
11/29/2022  2:15 PM

That would be great.

Knixkik
USA
11/29/2022  2:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2022  2:17 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

lol not happening. No team in the Knicks position gives up a first round pick for a guy who is more injury prone than Mitch and will be an UFA.

At least set your trade expectations up to be more in line with what teams would give up in this situation.

Mitch is on a descending 4 year contract that starts at $17M and ends at $13M, that's an incredible value contract for his output and situation.

It would be a protected pick (not a Knicks pick) but Turner is really good. You underrate him. And he’s CAA now so the extension stuff would already be arranged.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2022  2:23 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

It would be a protected pick (not a Knicks pick) but Turner is really good. You underrate him. And he’s CAA now so the extension stuff would already be arranged.

dude he's a contract year player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
11/29/2022  2:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Unless you are a deep playoff team, you never never never risk a 1st round pick and player. The Knicks are not a set in stone playoff team.

You do not trade a decent young player and a pick even if you have CAA connections, it is just not smart asset management cause you could easily lose both player and pick for a 3+ month rental. This is no Brunson situation - the limelight of LA or prospect some team that will overpay for Turner is still out there.

For the right player, you do a S&T with a protected pick when you know you are getting the player at the contract you like.

martin
USA
11/29/2022  2:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

dude he's a contract year player.

Right, plus he is due to get hurt and miss 20 games any time now

What’s the Dallas pick going to look like?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy