[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When we tried knox for cam reddish
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/10/2022  8:41 AM
We need a Cam whisperer. He needs to relax and the let the game come to him more.

I wish he would take Thibs words to heart that you can play well in a lot of ways other than scoring. He can contribute in a lot of ways. Focus on the other stuff and let the offense be opportunistic

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/12/2022  4:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Cam reddish is 3-21 since getting the starting job. An incredible 0-16 in 2 point shooting. Nobody wants cam reddish to fail. I essentially bitched for him to start after playing so well after the phill game. But he’s been terrible when given a chance to start. We need him to play well

Some guys just need to come off the bench. Start Grimes at the 2 and RJ at the 3

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/12/2022  6:16 PM
Chandler wrote:We need a Cam whisperer. He needs to relax and the let the game come to him more.

I wish he would take Thibs words to heart that you can play well in a lot of ways other than scoring. He can contribute in a lot of ways. Focus on the other stuff and let the offense be opportunistic

Waiting for the offense to come to him is a good thing. Cam isnt forcing the issue, I'll say that.

Problem is that he's waiting for everything else to come to him as well. Doesnt do the little things that you need from a starter.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/15/2022  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2022  4:15 PM
Chandler wrote:We need a Cam whisperer. He needs to relax and the let the game come to him more.

I'm sorry but is this normal? Does Cam and Randle have separate whisperers? Are they the only players with a whisperer? I know the old generations always call the new generation soft, but come on man.....really? Cam I understand. His NBA start has been rough and he's shows flashes of brilliance and stupidity all in one play. And you can see Cam's value is critical for this team because he represences what this team is lacking.

Randle is a vet making star level money (at the time of his signing). If he's not, ok but still....he needs a whisperer in his ear before the game? What happens when a player whisperer something sour to Randle during a free throw. Does Thibs have to call TO for Randle?

Or even worse

If Randle is doing his classic spin TOs in traffic, Thibs cannot hold him accountable because Randle is mentally fragile or not mentally stuff to handle that type of treatment? Meanwhile every single player has to deal with the same treatment. Does EF have a whisperer? He was the starter from day one and he's in a serious slump.

I'm trying to see how Randle can be a good asset for us moving forward. Same with Thibs. To the Randle and Thibs fans, I'm trying! But this whisperer thing threw me off!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/15/2022  6:56 PM
blkexec wrote:

I'm sorry but is this normal? Does Cam and Randle have separate whisperers? Are they the only players with a whisperer? I know the old generations always call the new generation soft, but come on man.....really? Cam I understand. His NBA start has been rough and he's shows flashes of brilliance and stupidity all in one play. And you can see Cam's value is critical for this team because he represences what this team is lacking.

Randle is a vet making star level money (at the time of his signing). If he's not, ok but still....he needs a whisperer in his ear before the game? What happens when a player whisperer something sour to Randle during a free throw. Does Thibs have to call TO for Randle?

Or even worse

If Randle is doing his classic spin TOs in traffic, Thibs cannot hold him accountable because Randle is mentally fragile or not mentally stuff to handle that type of treatment? Meanwhile every single player has to deal with the same treatment. Does EF have a whisperer? He was the starter from day one and he's in a serious slump.

I'm trying to see how Randle can be a good asset for us moving forward. Same with Thibs. To the Randle and Thibs fans, I'm trying! But this whisperer thing threw me off!

well we did raise these kids differently than we were raised. We wanted to have better relationships with them than we had with our own parents when we were growing up. So we had some some good results from that but . . . well their views and expectations are different than ours were. And that means we gotta do some whispering here and there.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2022  8:02 PM
Marv wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Or even worse

well we did raise these kids differently than we were raised. We wanted to have better relationships with them than we had with our own parents when we were growing up. So we had some some good results from that but . . . well their views and expectations are different than ours were. And that means we gotta do some whispering here and there.

Nice

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

11/15/2022  10:46 PM
Reddish looks like a nba player. Knox did not
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/16/2022  4:12 AM
u
wargames wrote:Reddish looks like a nba player. Knox did not

You saw that 4th quarter 3 and dunk to seal the deal and thought the same thing, right? Got to bump this thread

Philc1
Member: #8897

11/16/2022  6:56 AM
That trade is looking good. Now just to lock him up on an extension
martin
USA
11/16/2022  9:12 AM
Cam deserves his props. He is a massive wing type guy who can also cover pretty much any PG/SG/SF.

He has found his role and is doing it well. I hope it keeps up.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
11/16/2022  9:28 AM
martin wrote:Cam deserves his props. He is a massive wing type guy who can also cover pretty much any PG/SG/SF.

He has found his role and is doing it well. I hope it keeps up.

I agree. On offense, he still needs the game to slow down a bit. He is rushing his shots a bit and just needs to get a little smoother. I think it just comes with experience and maybe a little more ball movement. Meaning, he is rushing shots off because he rarely sees the ball.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2022  10:43 AM
He's getting better all the time... scoring is feast or famine but he's playing hard and having fewer and fewer bonehead plays. Hard not to like what we are seeing. He looks like a guy I want to see more of and resign
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2022  11:03 AM
fishmike wrote:He's getting better all the time... scoring is feast or famine but he's playing hard and having fewer and fewer bonehead plays. Hard not to like what we are seeing. He looks like a guy I want to see more of and resign

Maybe. He can seek market value and we can match, or find a price. That or trade him. We are deep with picks. Reminds me a bit of Ariza. Trevor had a great nose for the ball but handle was not as smooth as Reddish.
Id like to think we can start drafting SGA’s and Dm’s with our plethora of picks and hit one for a change.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/16/2022  11:15 AM
So the hate was for nothing?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2022  11:24 AM
KnickDanger wrote:So the hate was for nothing?

Apparently so.
We also read “Thibs did not want Cam last january”. Was it becuase it was mid season or fit?
Seems that on this team players are given chances to succeed.
Fans, including myself can’t see the path for evolutionary change. And for goodness sake Cam’s preseason was ugly.
I often remarked his ankle looked awful. He looks solid physically now.
Best thing is for players to step up and improve the team. However that happens has its suprises.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/16/2022  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:

Apparently so.
We also read “Thibs did not want Cam last january”. Was it becuase it was mid season or fit?
Fans, including myself can’t see the path for evolutionary change. And for goodness sake Cam’s preseason was ugly.
Best thing is for players to step up and improve the team. However that happens has its suprises.

Yep.

Sometimes it works out, many times it doesn’t. Lack of patience doesn’t help, nor is it a virtue. But it ain’t going away I suspect!

martin
USA
11/16/2022  12:25 PM
Nalod wrote:

Apparently so.

Could never figure out if he didn't want Cam or thought it was be really hard to add another player into a 10 man rotation in a seemless way.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/16/2022  1:18 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Apparently so.

Could never figure out if he didn't want Cam or thought it was be really hard to add another player into a 10 man rotation in a seemless way.

I think it's the later. And if Grimes wasn't injured, I'm not sure we would've saw this in Cam. So again, it took an injury for Thibs to see Cams value?

I think Thibs was hoping Grimes can do what Cam is currently doing. Now Grimes and Cam appear to be interchangeable for Thibs. And I hope Cam stays in that role. He's not as good as Grimes as far as shooting. But Cams physical gifts is something you can not learn. Long frame and spaghetti arms, with lateral quickness and agility.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
11/16/2022  2:49 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Apparently so.

I think it's the later. And if Grimes wasn't injured, I'm not sure we would've saw this in Cam. So again, it took an injury for Thibs to see Cams value?

I think Thibs was hoping Grimes can do what Cam is currently doing. Now Grimes and Cam appear to be interchangeable for Thibs. And I hope Cam stays in that role. He's not as good as Grimes as far as shooting. But Cams physical gifts is something you can not learn. Long frame and spaghetti arms, with lateral quickness and agility.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew his value/potential, it's why they traded for him. Cam was hurt a lot last year too.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

11/17/2022  2:55 AM
Cam has matured a lot. He's just more professional out there on the court and is letting the game come to him.
When we tried knox for cam reddish

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy