Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/9/2022  8:46 AM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I think this was a good trade 🙂

my defense of the trade was that Reddish flaws and all was still a young prospect and a pick that might not convey is no guarantee of anything. Knox had no trade value and the protected pick we gave up was in the future and likely you end up with a similar type player but still needs time.

reddish is far from out of the woods as reaching his goals of a nice extension but he has bought into Thibs way that if your not scoring you damn well betting be doing other good things! The opportunity was there and rather than make a weak trade Thibs gave him the opportunity which Im sure earned not on YouTube videos, but over the summer and in camp.
"Thibs does not develop yoot". This fallacy perhaps can be put to bed now. Knicks brand of development does not throw yoot to just play and get experience. They play with vets, and are held to a standard. Tough love.
There are different ways to do it. Some take longer, some succeed, some fail. Mostly its the talent. WE have Duke, Villanova, and Kentucky guys now rostered. Guys that were top HS prospects and came from high end programs. Winning programs. We never did this before. Guys with good work ethic and been vetted prior as well.

All good, but we still a .500 team and that might be our ceiling for now.

This. You are right on point. Thibs development sure looks fine now. Cam being the latest and the most blatant case study. Given his draft position he was deemed as pretty much a bust. I say that because he did show flashes for Atlanta and they shipped him out for a bag of doughnuts. I like how Thibs does his development. Obi is another great example. So is IQ. The only guy whose development is in question is Deuce at this point. Everyone else has been brought up quite nicely. Except Frank. That one is still the one that got away

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2022  9:10 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

my defense of the trade was that Reddish flaws and all was still a young prospect and a pick that might not convey is no guarantee of anything. Knox had no trade value and the protected pick we gave up was in the future and likely you end up with a similar type player but still needs time.

reddish is far from out of the woods as reaching his goals of a nice extension but he has bought into Thibs way that if your not scoring you damn well betting be doing other good things! The opportunity was there and rather than make a weak trade Thibs gave him the opportunity which Im sure earned not on YouTube videos, but over the summer and in camp.
"Thibs does not develop yoot". This fallacy perhaps can be put to bed now. Knicks brand of development does not throw yoot to just play and get experience. They play with vets, and are held to a standard. Tough love.
There are different ways to do it. Some take longer, some succeed, some fail. Mostly its the talent. WE have Duke, Villanova, and Kentucky guys now rostered. Guys that were top HS prospects and came from high end programs. Winning programs. We never did this before. Guys with good work ethic and been vetted prior as well.

This. You are right on point. Thibs development sure looks fine now. Cam being the latest and the most blatant case study. Given his draft position he was deemed as pretty much a bust. I say that because he did show flashes for Atlanta and they shipped him out for a bag of doughnuts. I like how Thibs does his development. Obi is another great example. So is IQ. The only guy whose development is in question is Deuce at this point. Everyone else has been brought up quite nicely. Except Frank. That one is still the one that got away

Lol. The system I gather all needs to spit out the ones that don't work. Frank in his 6th season but just still 24! Crazy. Thibs quoted as saying "unfortunate he got hurt". He had a window an he got hurt. The contract ran out an it was time to bring in new opportunity. We been thru this many times but he just had one season with Thibs. Frank was not picked by this FO but stayed in the NBA by doing things well if not scoring. Due to ankle injury he has yet to play this season.

Knox time clock ran out. You can't look at draft position as regret. Busts happen. Players also mature at different times. Often, they don't materialize. Good teams play the better players under contract and sometimes have to cut bait.
Knick fans have villainized ATL so we as a group don't respect the depth they created. Pulling the Murry trade is something we need to do at some point. We got Brunson as a freebie but we don't have as good a core as they do. Not yet.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2022  11:01 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Over the course of 2 seasons and 10 games, still a long way to go as a starter IMHO:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2022  11:45 AM
martin wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Over the course of 2 seasons and 10 games, still a long way to go as a starter IMHO:

imagine we drafted a lottery player, showed patience, made him earn his minutes, worked on development and after a few years the guy turns into a really really good player. Madness.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
11/9/2022  11:52 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

imagine we drafted a lottery player, showed patience, made him earn his minutes, worked on development and after a few years the guy turns into a really really good player. Madness.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2022  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What happens if we go to 6’8? I love these filters! We assume “if he started and too more shots, he’d be even better”.
Maybe, or maybe not.
“But how will we know”
WE won’t.
“Isn't it worth trying? What to we have to lose! I Hate Randle”!.

Nalod loves OBI but I won’t ignore the questions.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/9/2022  2:25 PM
I'm warming up to Cam.

8ppg, 45FG%, 413pt% in 21mpg so far this season is pretty solid for a bench wing. Really, there's nothing to complain about here. He's 6'8", chases little guys around, keeps up enough that he can minimally content the shots with his length. When you shoot like he has so far you get a lot of leeway.

If he can take the defensive burden off RJ during his minutes in the game, he makes the team a lot better by making RJ loads better.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2022  2:27 PM
technomaster wrote:I'm warming up to Cam.

8ppg, 45FG%, 413pt% in 21mpg so far this season is pretty solid for a bench wing. Really, there's nothing to complain about here. He's 6'8", chases little guys around, keeps up enough that he can minimally content the shots with his length. When you shoot like he has so far you get a lot of leeway.

If he can take the defensive burden off RJ during his minutes in the game, he makes the team a lot better by making RJ loads better.

he's giving play worth warming to. He's had some low BBIQ moments but he's passing he eye test. Playing really hard and aggressive. Still a young/inconsistent player but we are def seeing some upside here
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/9/2022  2:44 PM
fishmike wrote:

he's giving play worth warming to. He's had some low BBIQ moments but he's passing he eye test. Playing really hard and aggressive. Still a young/inconsistent player but we are def seeing some upside here

What do you think his true upside is?
See him as a solid backup SF on a decent but not a deep playoff team.
Just do not think he can shoot the three at a high click to be a anything more.
Hopefully I am wrong. Do like his effort level, athleticism and length.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/9/2022  3:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I don't know. Do you even re-sign him if he continue at this rate? If you do, at what cost? Does he get slightly above Bullock money if the three point shot stabilizes?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
11/9/2022  3:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I don't know. Do you even re-sign him if he continue at this rate? If you do, at what cost? Does he get slightly above Bullock money if the three point shot stabilizes?

Cam's 3 pt shot will be as stable as RJ's shot. But RJ still got his bag. Cam for his defense alone, should also get his bag.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/9/2022  4:50 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Cam's 3 pt shot will be as stable as RJ's shot. But RJ still got his bag. Cam for his defense alone, should also get his bag.

Can we retain him without giving stupid extension type money?

He’s worth keeping and rolling the dice with. But not for stupid money.

He’s a player for sure. It’s the between the ears stuff, and then working on mechanics- some of that is easier to fix than other stuff- but the motor seems to be there. And the passion.

martin
USA
11/9/2022  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2022  5:06 PM
franco12 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Can we retain him without giving stupid extension type money?

He’s worth keeping and rolling the dice with. But not for stupid money.

He’s a player for sure. It’s the between the ears stuff, and then working on mechanics- some of that is easier to fix than other stuff- but the motor seems to be there. And the passion.

In fact, yes. Cause he is a restricted free agent.

BigDaddyG

11/9/2022  6:03 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

As frustrating as RJ has been, he's still shown more than Cam has. What # do you have for Cam in terms of a contract? I think $20M is way too much and $10M is a little low? If you do sign Cam, it also pushes up the timeline for a Fournier trade. You also have to figure out what to do with Obi and Quick.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
11/9/2022  6:50 PM
Most important words: “if he puts the work in”

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/9/2022  7:23 PM
martin wrote:Most important words: “if he puts the work in”

Rooting for Cam and happy for his opportunity...but maybe now is not the time to rely on KD's judgement.

martin
USA
11/9/2022  7:36 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:Most important words: “if he puts the work in”

Rooting for Cam and happy for his opportunity...but maybe now is not the time to rely on KD's judgement.

Point taken!!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/9/2022  9:11 PM
Cam could be automatic around the basket on drives but never goes for the easy layup or dunk. He always tries an up-and-under or freestyle finish and it’s very frustrating. He’s too long and athletic for that.
BigDaddyG

11/9/2022  9:39 PM
Knixkik wrote:Cam could be automatic around the basket on drives but never goes for the easy layup or dunk. He always tries an up-and-under or freestyle finish and it’s very frustrating. He’s too long and athletic for that.

Don't care anymore. Let's some other fans deal with this rollercoaster ride.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/10/2022  5:09 AM
Cam reddish is 3-21 since getting the starting job. An incredible 0-16 in 2 point shooting. Nobody wants cam reddish to fail. I essentially bitched for him to start after playing so well after the phill game. But he’s been terrible when given a chance to start. We need him to play well
RIP Crushalot😞
When we tried knox for cam reddish

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy