[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When we tried knox for cam reddish
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/19/2022  2:48 PM
MS wrote:What does Cam do well.

His shot is broken, he doesn’t attack the basket, average defender. He’s was a puzzle coming into the league and hasn’t put it together.

Honestly Knox at least looked like he could shoot the ball in limited minutes.

Both guys have no motor or the dedication to stick. Think they need to try to move him quickly.

So why waste our time talking about TWO guys that could not do much?
At the end of the day Cam was never going to move the needle much. So let's focus on the guys that can. We have several of those to be thankful for.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/19/2022  2:56 PM
Cam is a better athlete and the potential for him was deemed higher at the time we made the trade.
Currently its my opinion he is trying to forge thru a tender ankle. He has an opportunity in front of him.
Did he reject any notion of an extension? Did Knicks even show an interest? Not known in media.
He has not looked good. Knox did not fit in Thibs schematic which if your shot is not hitting "Do other things". Hope is Cam was better at those.
Preseason is not a full season. Why label his season when technically it did not start.
I would agree with most that early signs are not encouraging.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/19/2022  5:13 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Reddish was a risk worth taking but it's still early. He hasn't earned a rotation spot but it's a long season and he will get an opportunity at some point so we'll see.

I disagree with this 'side of the debate' that 'he was worth the risk.' No, he wasn't. He was a known malcontent in Atlanta. Thibs never wanted him. There is no skill that he has that adds to depth of the team. Either by being good at something, or adding something unique to the roster. He was just drafted high, that's it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

10/19/2022  10:19 PM
Cam goes for 20 in regulation and hits the game tying 3 with 3 seconds to get us to OT against the Grizz and thinks to himself... "Who's My Bitch" to the multitudes in this thread who denigrated him.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/19/2022  10:25 PM
"Hello Instacart, Id like to place a bulk order for crow"

Strong game by Cam, hope he can keep this up.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/19/2022  10:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:"Hello Instacart, Id like to place a bulk order for crow"

Strong game by Cam, hope he can keep this up.

We can only hope so. Talent has never been the issue.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2022  10:33 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/19/2022  10:41 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Reddish was a risk worth taking but it's still early. He hasn't earned a rotation spot but it's a long season and he will get an opportunity at some point so we'll see.

I disagree with this 'side of the debate' that 'he was worth the risk.' No, he wasn't. He was a known malcontent in Atlanta. Thibs never wanted him. There is no skill that he has that adds to depth of the team. Either by being good at something, or adding something unique to the roster. He was just drafted high, that's it

As you were saying….

Look, the debate is whether Cam was worth “the gamble.” One I call small potatoes - the useless Knox and a mid first or more likely two seconds. His performance tonight bears out the talent that is there. Not saying he will be an all star but yeah, worth the “risk.”

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/19/2022  10:43 PM
Cam looked awesome tonight
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/19/2022  11:09 PM
Philc1 wrote:Cam looked awesome tonight

Cam looked the best forward 5o come out of Duke since Grant Hill

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/19/2022  11:17 PM
This thread didn’t age well!
wargames
Member: #6053

10/19/2022  11:47 PM
Panos wrote:This thread didn’t age well!

My post did

It was preseason!

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/19/2022  11:48 PM
For me the thing about him is he can offer things that we simply don't have - he's wiry athletic and finishes tough drives. RJ and Randle both plod into the paint and use their strength to finish (they get blocked a lot). He makes bonehead errors (and prob will continue) and is inconsistent with both his shot selection and outside shooting form.

He really needs to be properly coached all season to see if Thibs can bring out his talent - it's clearly there. What's unclear is how hard he works (or doesn't), his ego, maturity and commitment to the team. Big fan of his ability - not sure how this one plays out. Happy he's getting a look with actual game minutes.

Clean
Member: #743
10/19/2022  11:50 PM
The best thing about this game is he now has a blueprint on how he can help the team. Lets hope he keeps going back to it.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/20/2022  12:00 AM
as great as the 3 to force overtime, his form on the shot looked awful. I mean, if you leave Fournier wide open, he is going to hit more often than he misses. Cam? He just looks like his form is to pray it goes in.

It's one game, and we have seen flashes- it does look like Thibs put him into good positions to succeed. I felt we should have used him more on Ja.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/20/2022  8:09 AM
foosballnick wrote:Cam goes for 20 in regulation and hits the game tying 3 with 3 seconds to get us to OT against the Grizz and thinks to himself... "Who's My Bitch" to the multitudes in this thread who denigrated him.

Exactly

I was reading all the cam hate and saw the time was before his breakout game. Lots of crow to eat. Lots of cam hate in this thread. And Briggs who created this thread changed his tune quick in the game thread.

Cam is a special talent who needs playing time. If cam got RJ type PT cam might’ve had a different career path. Yesterday Cam looked like he was trying to show his potential. Not sure if this one game warrants a huge pay day. But I’m still lost at his value and how much do you pay him?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
10/20/2022  8:25 AM
franco12 wrote:as great as the 3 to force overtime, his form on the shot looked awful. I mean, if you leave Fournier wide open, he is going to hit more often than he misses. Cam? He just looks like his form is to pray it goes in.

It's one game, and we have seen flashes- it does look like Thibs put him into good positions to succeed. I felt we should have used him more on Ja.

First EF missed his open shot from the same spot as cam 🤔. Cam is a rhythm player who builds on momentum. And in that game his momentum was building after each made shot.

As far as cams form on his shot? It’s better than Reggie Miller form and he’s a HOF. The point is form doesn’t matter as much at this level as long as your consistent. I thought his form was fine. His issue is to know when to swing it and when is iso it. When to pass and when it’s time to put your head down and get a bucket. I believe Cam is a walking bucket and he believe this as well. Which is why he’s been a ball stopper for so long. Looks like he’s playing more team ball now and earning thibs trust.

I agree 100% with putting cam on ja. Instead of RJ. That’s the advantage of playing cam and RJ together. Or grimes and RJ. I believe grimes or Cam are better defenders against quick guards. Cam with his long arms and grimes with his defensive IQ. If grimes was healthy, I want to see thibs sit RJ during those long stretches of bricks. Grimes and Cam would’ve been a nice pair to have yesterday and we probably would’ve won. But thibs trust RJ to shoot his way out and that never happened. This will happen again. And I’m curious how thibs reacts this time or will he just let RJ shoot his way out again?

Also off topic but why didn’t thibs bring Mitch back? Hart was playing nice but he’s not the rim protector or rebounder that Mitch is. Eitherway is like hart so i was ok but just curious. Mitch can win games for you without the ball.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/20/2022  8:25 AM
I love that he is proving us all wrong. Now we need to see it consistently and resulting in wins. He can be a big part of things going forward. Regardless, the draft pick we traded for him is a sunk cost anyways with it unlikely to convert as a first round pick at all. The hornets were supposed to be an up and coming team, but all of their young players keep getting arrested.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2022  8:34 AM
The ankle looked good! He was not falling back on his shot and he had lift to get to the rim.
Talented young players are inconsistent. You get a peek at what is possible. Compared to RJ, cam looks like a teenager with his wirey build.
“Thibs did not want him”. Mid season that might have been correct. I have not talked to Thibs but with Grimes out, and players will be out all season he is playing.
What that Charlotte pick conveys to is still in the future but here was have a 22 year old long wing that if plays good defense serves a role on this team NOW. Few rookies can step in and do what he did last night that would in the bottom of the first round in most years. We have many picks and a time line that allows for auditions like he is getting. This is a kid that goes top 5 if he came out of high school. He didn’t. He is inconsistant. Part for his injuriies, maturity, and in ATL they were deep positionally.
We could have used the pick and drafted a similar player or one worse.
Good teams take flyers on players and somtimes it does not pan out. We have depth and in two years not everyone will be here.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/20/2022  10:49 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Cam looked awesome tonight

Cam looked the best forward 5o come out of Duke since Grant Hill

The thing about Duke players and why so many have busted or underwhelmed in the nba over the years is just the insane amount of hype they get while in college. Laetner was taken by Team USA over Shaq and he was supposed to be Larry Bird 2.0 and Bobby Hurley was the next Pistol Pete. Grant Hill was going to be better than Jordan and so on

Also, it seems like a lot of Duke players in the one and done era already have NBA bodies by age 18. Zion was a tank before he could legally vote and RJ had an nba body too at the same age. They can just play bully ball in college against stick figures playing for West Virginia state

When we tried knox for cam reddish

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy