[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2022-23
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

10/6/2022  6:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2022  6:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Man, I'm already having nightmares about Fournier trying to keep up with Murray

This was the guy the Knicks should have gone after but Pops did that deal really quick. He and Trae are guys they are going to want to have McBride and Grimes on the court for. Also RJ should probably draw that assignment with Fournier guarding the other wing, Bogdon or Hunter.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/7/2022  4:32 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Man, I'm already having nightmares about Fournier trying to keep up with Murray

This was the guy the Knicks should have gone after but Pops did that deal really quick. He and Trae are guys they are going to want to have McBride and Grimes on the court for. Also RJ should probably draw that assignment with Fournier guarding the other wing, Bogdon or Hunter.

I think Hahn or someone said that the reason the Knicks didn't go all in was that he didn't want to come here, he wanted to go to Atlanta and play with his friend Trae Young

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/7/2022  7:01 AM
Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/7/2022  7:05 AM
Is Draymond trying to drive Poole to greener pastures so that he can score a bigger extension? Wasn't that the same issue with KD?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2022  7:09 AM
Philc1 wrote:Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering

Naw, I don't think it would've taken RJ. San Antonio was fine with Danilo. They might've taken Fournier. But it would've required 4 to 5 picks.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

10/7/2022  7:11 AM
Nalod wrote:Lin is promoting a documentary and will be full of controversy.

Have to credit that when you throw spaghetti on the wall some of it sticks. Briggs does toss the starchy stuff around but one of those strands did stick and it had Lin’s name on it.

I don’t think he slams the knicks much for letting him walk. MDA was on his way out so a change was in the air. Rockets put a poison pill in the contract constraining knicks to match.
In the end Lin’s ascension was limited by his knees. Even a fair documentary has its theme to produce good guys and bad ones.
I read he does not call out Melo or any knick for the rumored jealousy. But the story might be there was internal debate among players and front office.
In hindsight, was that really so wrong? Was it based on his ancestry? If so then it was. As a player he had short sample at that high level.
As a fan I loved it and regret we did not resign him. But that would have abated with his diminished capacity as the knee limited him.

This was a win win for both sides! Lin got a 25 million contract and the Knicks had their best off season and season of this century. Lin signed a "poison pill" contract- for anyone to act like their was something else motivating New York beyond 40 million in lux tax money is just ridiculous.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/7/2022  7:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2022  7:26 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering

Naw, I don't think it would've taken RJ. San Antonio was fine with Danilo. They might've taken Fournier. But it would've required 4 to 5 picks.

Gallo was an expiring contract. Fournier has 3 years left on his current deal.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2022  7:28 AM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

I think Hahn or someone said that the reason the Knicks didn't go all in was that he didn't want to come here, he wanted to go to Atlanta and play with his friend Trae Young

Yeah, those 2 are close. It's the same kind of situation with Knicks and Brunson.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
10/7/2022  7:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

4 to 5 picks or 4 to 5 picks more than Atlanta cause of the NY tax?

BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  9:11 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

4 to 5 picks or 4 to 5 picks more than Atlanta cause of the NY tax?

Ha, I was guessing it would take the Dallas pick to take on Fournier. But Pop is still probably mad at the Morris bro fiasco. He might want IQ too since he was a result of the Morris trade.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/7/2022  9:50 AM
wargames wrote:

it's gonna be fun. Brunson is a good matchup for Trae. Brunson does a great job staying in front and challenging jumpers. Here is where you put RJ on Murray and say show us youre a 2 way guard. Fournier does a good job guarding in a team concept. I dont see these guys shredding us, and we can finally make Trae play D and do more than have to guard a spot up 3&D guy or a PG with no jump shot
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  9:54 AM
Man this kid looks smooth. JR Smith with a clue.
BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  9:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
wargames wrote:

it's gonna be fun. Brunson is a good matchup for Trae. Brunson does a great job staying in front and challenging jumpers. Here is where you put RJ on Murray and say show us youre a 2 way guard. Fournier does a good job guarding in a team concept. I dont see these guys shredding us, and we can finally make Trae play D and do more than have to guard a spot up 3&D guy or a PG with no jump shot

RJ guarding Murray doesn't make me feel better. Murray's strength on offense is RJ's and Fournier's, to a larger extent, weakness on defense. They're too slow footed for that type of matchup. IQ, Deuce and Grimes are going to need to step. One the flip side, Trae isn't going to be able to hide on Fournier defensively on most nights. I'd guess Murray would start off Brunson.
martin
USA
10/7/2022  10:09 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Man this kid looks smooth. JR Smith with a clue.

Smoooooth but seems like it's gonna take at least a year to get to point where he is impactful

martin
USA
10/7/2022  10:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
wargames wrote:

RJ guarding Murray doesn't make me feel better. Murray's strength on offense is RJ's and Fournier's, to a larger extent, weakness on defense. They're too slow footed for that type of matchup. IQ, Deuce and Grimes are going to need to step. One the flip side, Trae isn't going to be able to hide on Fournier defensively on most nights. I'd guess Murray would start off Brunson.

You just back off let him shoot 3's or deep jumpshots.

martin
USA
10/7/2022  10:11 AM
Yikes

fishmike
USA
10/7/2022  10:20 AM
martin wrote:Yikes

that's a knockout punch you throw on the street to send a guy into a fog while you GTFO there. That was some nasty ****
fishmike
USA
10/7/2022  10:21 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
wargames wrote:

You just back off let him shoot 3's or deep jumpshots.

this and driving him into our shotblockers who look fantastic. We have the makings of a really good defense
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2022  10:51 AM
few NBA players can stay in front of Murray. With Tray, its a hard duo to guard. Its why they got him and paid a good price to spurs. Value wise Getting Brunson was far better value for us.
Brunson was not going to ATL and seems like Spurs GM, Brian Wright made a clear and concise move to reboot going forward. Pop gonna have to tank this year and develop the yoot.
Remind to self: bottom three teams have the same 14.5% odds of top spot. The floor is tip 5,6 picks slots. This is not the 47% odds in the good old days.
Spurs and OKC are the ****tiest of the **** teams on paper. Rockets and Orlando next but with good yoot up and coming. Then a plethora of bubble teams that are gunning for play in. While might be in that group.
If it happens it happens. That's a January thing.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2022  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2022  11:04 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Is Draymond trying to drive Poole to greener pastures so that he can score a bigger extension? Wasn't that the same issue with KD?

My take is Draymond is fueled by emotion. The techs and suspension did cost them a chip. We forget he could not stop keep hitting players testicles.
He is a hof defensive wizard and has a voice. He thrives on being outspoken. He is Dennis Rodman without the flair. Disruptive ego centric.
Were Dennis could play well into his 30's being an athletic freak Draymond needs to stay in shape and stay slim. He was becoming irrelevant due to injury but finished strong last year.
I would not resign him nor woo him here. This is were SAC throws money at him and he gets a hard on for GSW who will "Do him wrong" an use that as fuel.

What did Poole say to Dray that set him off and was it warranted? Not to say you clock your teammate for that. Ever. But did Dray keep working it until Poole was baited?
I know Poole has a very "confident" personality.

Around the NBA 2022-23

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy