OK

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/2/2022  6:47 PM
martin wrote:OK

If they can just get the defense straight with Mitch and grimes finally both healthy we could be in business.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/2/2022  7:45 PM

For those who labeled me as a Thibs hater and hate Thibs, let me start by saying. I was happy when we hired him and said he will bring back that old school defensive mentality. And he did that with Payton and bullock. Randle went nut and Thibs was COY. I was loving it.

Last two years, I’m looking at Thibs and the FO issues and Thibs himself with issues.

Thibs issue? Just look at what was just posted. 6th best offense? And Thibs is known for defense? Yet we still lost several winnable games. No Thibs can’t shoot free throws for Brunson who went 0-3 in crunch time. But there have been some questionable minute distribution (RJ) and accountability issues (Randle). Along with game management, rotation or constantly being out coach at certain junctions in the game like after half time. But that’s just a smaller issue overall.

The bigger issue to me is Thibs and FO appears to be misaligned. And I don’t know how or why when Leon and Thibs already had a relationship prior to joining the Knicks.

It’s clear to me if the FO gives Thibs. Thibs type players. We can win games. I believe in Thibs when he has a solid starting 5 and bench. When his players play defense from 1-5 position with a superstar talent like d.rose in his prime. Thibs is the perfect coach. I don’t feel like Thibs is the best coach for this team. He was better with the team we had before that had less skilled players offensively but better individual and team or system defenders. And one ball hog in Randle and a future ball hog in RJ. So he shows you he can win with a certain mix.

The FO has failed to deliver those types of players for Thibs to succeed right away. A modern coach would run a different offensive system and different defensive schemes. But still, if the FO don’t supply the right players under the right contracts is key. Thibs is forced to play Randle and RJ. Just like he was forced into Kemba and Fournier. Can we get Thibs type players or get a new coach and system. Trade some players, remove the glut at the guard and forward position. Pick s style. Are we a up and down team? Defensive team? Half court team? 3 pt shooting team. And get some diversity in this starting 5. I’m tired of only seeing highlights on the left side and bricks on the right.

Puff puff pass

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/2/2022  7:56 PM
blkexec wrote:

For those who labeled me as a Thibs hater and hate Thibs, let me start by saying. I was happy when we hired him and said he will bring back that old school defensive mentality. And he did that with Payton and bullock. Randle went nut and Thibs was COY. I was loving it.

Last two years, I’m looking at Thibs and the FO issues and Thibs himself with issues.

Thibs issue? Just look at what was just posted. 6th best offense? And Thibs is known for defense? Yet we still lost several winnable games. No Thibs can’t shoot free throws for Brunson who went 0-3 in crunch time. But there have been some questionable minute distribution (RJ) and accountability issues (Randle). Along with game management, rotation or constantly being out coach at certain junctions in the game like after half time. But that’s just a smaller issue overall.

The bigger issue to me is Thibs and FO appears to be misaligned. And I don’t know how or why when Leon and Thibs already had a relationship prior to joining the Knicks.

It’s clear to me if the FO gives Thibs. Thibs type players. We can win games. I believe in Thibs when he has a solid starting 5 and bench. When his players play defense from 1-5 position with a superstar talent like d.rose in his prime. Thibs is the perfect coach. I don’t feel like Thibs is the best coach for this team. He was better with the team we had before that had less skilled players offensively but better individual and team or system defenders. And one ball hog in Randle and a future ball hog in RJ. So he shows you he can win with a certain mix.

The FO has failed to deliver those types of players for Thibs to succeed right away. A modern coach would run a different offensive system and different defensive schemes. But still, if the FO don’t supply the right players under the right contracts is key. Thibs is forced to play Randle and RJ. Just like he was forced into Kemba and Fournier. Can we get Thibs type players or get a new coach and system. Trade some players, remove the glut at the guard and forward position. Pick s style. Are we a up and down team? Defensive team? Half court team? 3 pt shooting team. And get some diversity in this starting 5. I’m tired of only seeing highlights on the left side and bricks on the right.

Puff puff pass

Eh, Thibs had similar offensive success with Minnesota and he was the GM responsible for bringing in the players. Can we even trust Thibs to identify the players that would fit in his system?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2022  3:52 AM
Did Thibs “over evolve” himself? LOL
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/3/2022  10:33 AM
I hate being an offensive minded team.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/5/2022  9:56 AM
To the Chicken Littles, Tankers, and crybabies…. At the top of the East reside the Celtics and Bucks. A total of 4 games separate the current 3rd seed Cavs from the 10th where the Knicks who just beat them are. Thibs is playing the young players and trying different combinations. Some encouraging games, some incredibly disappointing ones, and some close tough losses.

But you want the “stubborn, inflexible” coach fired. You want to tear it down and tank. No reason to wait and see if this team with a majority of young and new players gels. Never see it as a progression that could really be helped by the many draft assets coming. Nope - fire everyone yesterday. Boo your team and destroy home court advantage. Most of all trade Randle!

Hey, that mindset sure worked well in the previous two decades.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2022  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2022  10:14 AM
KnickDanger wrote:To the Chicken Littles, Tankers, and crybabies…. At the top of the East reside the Celtics and Bucks. A total of 4 games separate the current 3rd seed Cavs from the 10th where the Knicks who just beat them are. Thibs is playing the young players and trying different combinations. Some encouraging games, some incredibly disappointing ones, and some close tough losses.

But you want the “stubborn, inflexible” coach fired. You want to tear it down and tank. No reason to wait and see if this team with a majority of young and new players gels. Never see it as a progression that could really be helped by the many draft assets coming. Nope - fire everyone yesterday. Boo your team and destroy home court advantage. Most of all trade Randle!

I don't know about everyone else but I see a whole lot of development going on. Team is inconsistent for sure, but that's what it is supposed to look like.

I'm not enjoying the losses but enjoying the flow of the players.

Fans can Tommy Beer stats all day long if they want to make any team or coach look stupid, that's the easy part.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2022  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2022  10:46 AM
I still see a team with a higher ceiling than most years if they can solidify the defense (yesterday with McBride in the rotation and grimes, Mitch, and IQ all healthy can accomplish that ) and figure out a way to get some shooting into the rotation. Ultimately we need a trade for the second part.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/5/2022  10:45 AM
KnickDanger wrote:To the Chicken Littles, Tankers, and crybabies…. At the top of the East reside the Celtics and Bucks. A total of 4 games separate the current 3rd seed Cavs from the 10th where the Knicks who just beat them are. Thibs is playing the young players and trying different combinations. Some encouraging games, some incredibly disappointing ones, and some close tough losses.

While I agree with the sentiment for patience, I don't buy the numbers game you're playing. 4 games out of 3rd place, and also 4 games out of 3rd last in the conference. 4 games is a lot when you've played 24 games. Its the difference between 63% and 46%.
Or 30%.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/5/2022  10:45 AM
martin wrote:

I don't know about everyone else but I see a whole lot of development going on. Team is inconsistent for sure, but that's what it is supposed to look like.

Fans can Tommy Beer stats all day long if they want to make any team or coach look stupid, that's the easy part.

we played 9 last night... Randle/Brunson were the old guys. Its such a young squad. Losing isnt pretty and man we lay bricks but there's a lot of potential here and we are flushed with draft cap over the next couple years. Obviously the search continues for all star talent and that is the goal
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
12/5/2022  10:48 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:

we played 9 last night... Randle/Brunson were the old guys. Its such a young squad. Losing isnt pretty and man we lay bricks but there's a lot of potential here and we are flushed with draft cap over the next couple years. Obviously the search continues for all star talent and that is the goal

28 & 26. The rest of the guys are all 22, 23, or 24

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/5/2022  11:48 AM
Panos wrote:

While I agree with the sentiment for patience, I don't buy the numbers game you're playing. 4 games out of 3rd place, and also 4 games out of 3rd last in the conference. 4 games is a lot when you've played 24 games. Its the difference between 63% and 46%.
Or 30%.

What's to buy or not buy about a statement of fact? We are currently in the last pole position for the play in. A decent win streak moves the team up considerably. It just is.

And yes just as close to the bottom if that is what you prefer to focus on.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/6/2022  7:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2022  7:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:I still see a team with a higher ceiling than most years if they can solidify the defense (yesterday with McBride in the rotation and grimes, Mitch, and IQ all healthy can accomplish that ) and figure out a way to get some shooting into the rotation. Ultimately we need a trade for the second part.

Not sure why the defense has been so bad. Is it the refs treating our guys like dog crap so we are scared to get in the lane and actually defend players driving to the basket? Randle especially has been on nba refs sh tlist for years. I’m not taking a shot at the guy like I normally do just observing years of him getting calls against him that would have gotten Rasheed Wallace banned from the nba 20 years ago

RJ another guy on the refs sh tlist. How many times have I seen RJ get hacked or poked in the eye driving to the basket and no call

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/6/2022  7:34 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I still see a team with a higher ceiling than most years if they can solidify the defense (yesterday with McBride in the rotation and grimes, Mitch, and IQ all healthy can accomplish that ) and figure out a way to get some shooting into the rotation. Ultimately we need a trade for the second part.

Not sure why the defense has been so bad. Is it the refs treating our guys like dog crap so we are scared to get in the lane and actually defend players driving to the basket? Randle especially has been on nba refs sh tlist for years. I’m not taking a shot at the guy like I normally do just observing years of him getting calls against him that would have gotten Rasheed Wallace banned from the nba 20 years ago

RJ another guy on the refs sh tlist. How many times have I seen RJ get hacked or poked in the eye driving to the basket and no call

It’s not the refs job to defend the 3. Simple scouting report tells you that the weak side 3 is available because the Knicks defense collapses on the paint. Simple perimeter passing results in an open 3. We only win when teams miss the open 3.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2022  11:19 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

It’s not the refs job to defend the 3. Simple scouting report tells you that the weak side 3 is available because the Knicks defense collapses on the paint. Simple perimeter passing results in an open 3. We only win when teams miss the open 3.

that's unfair. Team has shortcomings but they are young and grinding. They are in the mix and have quality wins and losses (losing twice to Memphis by a bucket comes to mind). All that matters is they keep playing hard and getting better.

Look at NBA daily box scores... every team gets smoked from time to time. Knick have been smoked too many times I get it but the inconsistancy IS "the process" I mean this is what building looks like. Clunky sometimes. Overly simple other times. Controlling the paint and defensive boards isnt a bad starting point

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
12/12/2022  10:18 AM
Whoa

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy