[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Optimism
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/13/2022  7:15 PM
I’m really liking Reddish and excited he is getting his shot. I feel bad for Fournier, must be difficult adjusted to the changed role, but it’s the right move.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Member: #8897

11/16/2022  7:13 AM
If anything the Brunson signing is looking underrated right now. Having a functional starting pg has changed the roster. Yeah we’re just 7-7 but if you look at the schedule we should really be 5-9 or 4-10 and probably would be without Brunson
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/16/2022  12:14 PM
Yeah the Brunson signing was huge. He’s not the best PG nor is he a #1 option but the stats and eye test demonstrate that he’s a big player for us.
The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/17/2022  10:35 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/17/2022  10:36 AM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/17/2022  1:52 PM
We thought we were getting Lou Williams, but it looks like we're getting Kirk Hinrich instead. I'll take it.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/22/2022  9:36 PM
I've been trying to put my finger on why I'm more hopeful about this team than any team since 1999.
For these reasons:

No dead weight albatross contracts. In spite of some of the clamoring here claiming Randle is worthless and unmovable (i disagree) i think everyone on the roster is either a vet who can play and with some value or a yoot on a cheap contract with potential. Granted at this point i wish EF's and RJB's contracts were a bit smaller. But there are no cringe worthy or terminally injured dead weight players on the roster.
- No injured/past prime: Penny Hardaway, Stoudemire, (corpse of) Mike Bibby, Beno Udrih, Vin Baker, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Glen Rice, Rolando Blackman, Allan Houston
- No players that sucked but were flat out given stupid contracts: Andrea Bargagni, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Shannon Eisleyspoon, Darko Millicic(!), Gerald wilkins, Mo Taylor, Tim Hardaway Jr, Charles Smith
- No terrible draft picks (some only recently purged) : Dontae Jones, Michael Sweetney, Kevin Knox, Franky Smokes, Jordan Hill, or Renaldo Balkman (jury out on Hunt), Maciej Lampe
- No max player with an NTC

I honestly feel everyone on this roster can play and has some value. I mean when EVER had this team had quality 3 deep at center without losing much? And quality 3 deep at PG (JB, Rose and IQ) with Deuce a jumper away from being in the conversation? And quality backups at every other position?
I don't know. Sure they're light on stars, but me, I'd rather have this team than anything they've put together in two decades plus. No longer are the Knicks the place terrible contracts go to die.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/23/2022  8:57 AM
Panos wrote:I've been trying to put my finger on why I'm more hopeful about this team than any team since 1999.
For these reasons:

No dead weight albatross contracts. In spite of some of the clamoring here claiming Randle is worthless and unmovable (i disagree) i think everyone on the roster is either a vet who can play and with some value or a yoot on a cheap contract with potential. Granted at this point i wish EF's and RJB's contracts were a bit smaller. But there are no cringe worthy or terminally injured dead weight players on the roster.
- No injured/past prime: Penny Hardaway, Stoudemire, (corpse of) Mike Bibby, Beno Udrih, Vin Baker, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Glen Rice, Rolando Blackman, Allan Houston
- No players that sucked but were flat out given stupid contracts: Andrea Bargagni, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Shannon Eisleyspoon, Darko Millicic(!), Gerald wilkins, Mo Taylor, Tim Hardaway Jr, Charles Smith
- No terrible draft picks (some only recently purged) : Dontae Jones, Michael Sweetney, Kevin Knox, Franky Smokes, Jordan Hill, or Renaldo Balkman (jury out on Hunt), Maciej Lampe

I honestly feel everyone on this roster can play and has some value. I mean when EVER had this team had quality 3 deep at center without losing much? And quality 3 deep at PG (JB, Rose and IQ) with Deuce a jumper away from being in the conversation? And quality backups at every other position?
I don't know. Sure they're light on stars, but me, I'd rather have this team than anything they've put together in two decades plus. No longer are the Knicks the place terrible contracts go to die.

wow you already been sampling the ecstasy-laced pecan pie?

i do want to note that your “players that sucked but were flat out given stupid contracts” constitutes my all-time favorite knicks lineup

EwingsGlass
USA
11/23/2022  9:02 AM
Panos wrote:I've been trying to put my finger on why I'm more hopeful about this team than any team since 1999.
For these reasons:

Do you mean team or franchise? I am optimistic for the franchise, but don't think this team is there yet. Not trying to mince words just differentiating between the current roster and the outlook going forward.

This is the Randle.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/23/2022  9:36 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
For these reasons:

Do you mean team or franchise? I am optimistic for the franchise, but don't think this team is there yet. Not trying to mince words just differentiating between the current roster and the outlook going forward.

I'm saying that the roster is almost entirely reasonable contracts or young players with upside. There is flexibility for the FO to make moves and there are no contracts (IMO) that are dead weight taking up cap space for the next 5 years. I mean, hell, remember paying the corpse of Joakim Noah 18 mil per year, and then having to stretch $6m per year over 5 years, or whatever that was? Dead weight. I'm saying we don't have money tied up in washed up or untradeable crap.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/23/2022  11:30 AM
Panos wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
For these reasons:

I'm saying that the roster is almost entirely reasonable contracts or young players with upside. There is flexibility for the FO to make moves and there are no contracts (IMO) that are dead weight taking up cap space for the next 5 years. I mean, hell, remember paying the corpse of Joakim Noah 18 mil per year, and then having to stretch $6m per year over 5 years, or whatever that was? Dead weight. I'm saying we don't have money tied up in washed up or untradeable crap.

Panos I am with you. As for Marv I only lace pies with weed, ecstacy I throw right down the hatch.

Panos nailed it.. its a young, well managed team. We play a very young squad. We are not that talented (no established all star, no franchise lottery pick) but we play a young squad, they play hard and they play good team basketball. The age/lack of talent is going to produce some frustrating games and terrible shooting nights but we are 9-9, 3-2 on a super tough west coast swing and still establishing the best line up.

This is NOT the old regime. Pricy Fournier benched for kids like Grimes/Cam, we are heavy into player development and are amassing really nice draft assets. I can enjoy the process when its not a clown show. Its a good few years.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2022  1:45 PM
We like the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the league.
EF, is. The only current dead weight.
Other teams? They have issues too. They iso, they have bad contracts.

Thibs? Yes, he benched EF for yoot. RJ, is Yoot!
I can’t tell you how or when but its not dire. Its not great. Its .500. No reason to be happy, or sad. LOL

Philc1
Member: #8897

11/23/2022  3:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:We thought we were getting Lou Williams, but it looks like we're getting Kirk Hinrich instead. I'll take it.

IQ actually reminds of Starks. Similar size. Both were high energy guys off the bench. Both were streaky shooters

I know every couple years Knicks fans love to call someone the new John Starks but Quickley really is a lot like him

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

11/23/2022  5:36 PM
For these reasons:

You forgot to mention:

Draft picks- Knicks own all their own picks going forward, + 2 likely to convert this year and Milwaukee's in 2024. I'm not sure Detroit's will convert but we'll see.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/23/2022  7:07 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
For these reasons:

You forgot to mention:

Draft picks- Knicks own all their own picks going forward, + 2 likely to convert this year and Milwaukee's in 2024. I'm not sure Detroit's will convert but we'll see.

And I will add no Isaiah Thomas, Derek Fisher, David Fizdale, and if you must you can add Phil Jackson (whom I feel started the not trading future picks trend to his credit, to go with his self inflicted wounds). Thibs haters, FO bashers , Randle dumpers, crybabies and pantswetters should be forcibly put in the hot tub time machine and transported to any of the aforementioned eras.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/23/2022  7:27 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
For these reasons:

You forgot to mention:

And I will add no Isaiah Thomas, Derek Fisher, David Fizdale, and if you must you can add Phil Jackson (whom I feel started the not trading future picks trend to his credit, to go with his self inflicted wounds). Thibs haters, FO bashers , Randle dumpers, crybabies and pantswetters should be forcibly put in the hot tub time machine and transported to any of the aforementioned eras.

The thing is, if you did that and immediately picked up paper, I'm not sure there's be much of a difference in the teams record.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
12/2/2022  10:40 AM
Not great but not underwhelming either?

https://nypost.com/2022/12/01/miles-mcbride-jericho-sims-assigned-to-knicks-g-league/

It was a busy and challenging month of November for the Knicks. It included four back-to-backs and 11 games against teams above the .500 mark. They went 7-9. December figures to be easier. Just two back-to-backs, which are both at home, and of the Knicks’ 15 games, only five are against teams with winning records at the moment.
Nalod
USA
12/2/2022  12:50 PM
martin wrote:Not great but not underwhelming either?

https://nypost.com/2022/12/01/miles-mcbride-jericho-sims-assigned-to-knicks-g-league/

It was a busy and challenging month of November for the Knicks. It included four back-to-backs and 11 games against teams above the .500 mark. They went 7-9. December figures to be easier. Just two back-to-backs, which are both at home, and of the Knicks’ 15 games, only five are against teams with winning records at the moment.

Perhaps end back to .500.
half optimistic
Half pessimistic

Anyone watch the Westchester team? Naturally the highlights get that "More Simms" thing going but how did they run plays besides the ally oops?

How is frank doing in Dallas?
Langston Galloway still in the league?
Trade Randle, then trade back for him. Can we day trade Randle? Can we do a Randle ETF?
No mention of Woodson this week. Is that only for road trips?
If Jesus is the right hand of God, and left is the devils, what does that say about our abundant Lefties?
PhilC is trending well these days!
I miss beat writers. I think fans were better informed then. now we take rumors and they get passed as legitimate.
What team would move down in the draft given 3 no. 1 picks all all in low teens, and say IQ and Randle? Does that get you a top 5 pick? That pick better not be a bust!

If you trade randle, and obi is still obi, what did we do? And what do we trade Randle for?

EwingsGlass
USA
12/2/2022  1:03 PM
Nalod wrote:

half optimistic
Half pessimistic

Anyone watch the Westchester team? Naturally the highlights get that "More Simms" thing going but how did they run plays besides the ally oops?

Trade Randle, then trade back for him. Can we day trade Randle? Can we do a Randle ETF?
If Jesus is the right hand of God, and left is the devils, what does that say about our abundant Lefties?
I miss beat writers. I think fans were better informed then. now we take rumors and they get passed as legitimate.
What team would move down in the draft given 3 no. 1 picks all all in low teens, and say IQ and Randle? Does that get you a top 5 pick? That pick better not be a bust!

If you trade randle, and obi is still obi, what did we do? And what do we trade Randle for?

I don’t understand your crazy moon language.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
12/2/2022  1:07 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

half optimistic
Half pessimistic

I don’t understand your crazy moon language.

I accept the compliment! LOL........
Random babbles. Not much more. Some sarcasm and some half baked concepts. Too early to be fully baked.
Or Baked at all.

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy