Time for Optimism
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/2/2022  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2022  10:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Um. IQ grabbed 16 rebounds?

He was crashing the boards all nite.

Still optimistic after this loss because we have lots of picks, and good young players (like Quick) which we can offer up in a trade for an elite player. Dont believe its a case of overvaluing our players, as might have been the case in the past. We have talent, just have to make the pieces fit.

The Knicks really need to make that one big move though. They could have had d Murray for picks with no real talent included. Just 2 unprotected and 2 protected picks get it done. They missed the boat there. Have to make that move especially with Brunson onboard now. The Knicks got better but problem is so did so many other teams.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
11/2/2022  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2022  10:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Still optimistic after this loss because we have lots of picks, and good young players (like Quick) which we can offer up in a trade for an elite player. Dont believe its a case of overvaluing our players, as might have been the case in the past. We have talent, just have to make the pieces fit.

Exactly. This is where a new coach with fresh eyes, something. We need a coach who doesn’t mind shaking up lineups and rotations a bit (ex. Where’s Sims?).

Or losing a 20 pt lead to go down 20. Thibs is very rigid and sometimes in the heat of battle you have to be agile, starting with leadership (Thibs). I hope him and the Knicks figure it out cause talent isn’t the problem right now. It’s creating the recipe of players and rotations that works.

But I like how Obi looked in the first half. I wonder if that messed with Randles head, watching from the bench like, damn I’m stopping this bird from flying in the garden every night as a starter. Obi is electric when his 3 ball is going and his transition tomahawk dunks.

Obi and IQ are definitely increasing their trade value.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
11/2/2022  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2022  10:39 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

The Knicks really need to make that one big move though. They could have had d Murray for picks with no real talent included. Just 2 unprotected and 2 protected picks get it done. They missed the boat there. Have to make that move especially with Brunson onboard now. The Knicks got better but problem is so did so many other teams.

I think ATL was his preferred location. Knicks probably needed a much larger offer and this FO will not get fleeced. That’s also how u miss opportunities.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/6/2022  10:30 AM
So, it’s clearly easier to play team ball when you are winning. It’s been a tough stretch against presumably playoff teams. I like Reddish in the SL even if his shooting is a bit volatile. I think that SL is still trying to find itself.

Brunson - Really good offense but needs to play really smart defense because he doesn’t have the size to close out on larger guards on the perimeter. He is everything I expected and hoped for, but has all the weaknesses we discussed as well.

Barrett - When is three is falling, he is a stud. That’s like a 50% shooter every other game for an average of like 27%. Something has to give. We need some consistency. I like him at the SG.

Reddish - I think he is the greatest possibility for growth in the SL. Keep playing him and the other guys should look to get him rolling. Need to get him to calm down and get comfortable. No need to force shots. I want drives and 3s. Put that 90% FT% to use.

Randle - I really wish he would just play a more Dray Green style of glue guy. This guy isn’t getting this contract again. He is in there somewhere.

Robinson - No comment. Want him healthy and out of foul trouble.

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/7/2022  11:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2022  11:52 PM
So Knicks are 5 and 5. About what we expected? A couple of crappy losses, a couple of big wins. I still have my optimism. Taking the long path, no quick fixes, disregard the bridge jumpers when we lose a few.

I see some individual positives including an improved Randle. Team consistency not a positive however. Not yet anyway.

EwingsGlass
USA
11/8/2022  8:39 AM
KnickDanger wrote:So Knicks are 5 and 5. About what we expected? A couple of crappy losses, a couple of big wins. I still have my optimism. Taking the long path, no quick fixes, disregard the bridge jumpers when we lose a few.

I see some individual positives including an improved Randle. Team consistency not a positive however. Not yet anyway.

I like this lineup better, when Robinson is healthy.

BBRRR. I think Rose needs to get it going in the second unit. But that unit also looks fine to me. It will work out well. The team has flaws, but when they shoot well, they are really good. When they shoot poorly, they fall apart terribly.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2022  8:44 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:So Knicks are 5 and 5. About what we expected? A couple of crappy losses, a couple of big wins. I still have my optimism. Taking the long path, no quick fixes, disregard the bridge jumpers when we lose a few.

BBRRR. I think Rose needs to get it going in the second unit. But that unit also looks fine to me. It will work out well. The team has flaws, but when they shoot well, they are really good. When they shoot poorly, they fall apart terribly.

Yeah Rose just looks off. Can't tell if it's age, super rust, or the weight loss or what, just not in a groove yet

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2022  2:20 PM
Not too bad for a ski rack

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
11/8/2022  2:34 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Yeah Rose just looks off. Can't tell if it's age, super rust, or the weight loss or what, just not in a groove yet

Speculating from my couch, it seems to be the strength in his legs. His shots are falling just a little bit short. Not enough oomph. Odd because all the comments are about how good his conditioning is.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2022  4:23 PM
Is his rate from 3 higher then previous seasons? This faster pace and he was quoted:
"Thibs letting the 3 fly" might indicate his instinct to penetrate thru most of his career might still be getting used to this?
Just my guess.
EwingsGlass
USA
11/8/2022  4:28 PM
Nalod wrote:Is his rate from 3 higher then previous seasons? This faster pace and he was quoted:
"Thibs letting the 3 fly" might indicate his instinct to penetrate thru most of his career might still be getting used to this?
Just my guess.

Possible. Just as likely the shift to the floater. I'm seeing a lot of shots that are falling a little short. I am probably over-analyzing this.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/8/2022  4:42 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:Is his rate from 3 higher then previous seasons? This faster pace and he was quoted:
Just my guess.

Possible. Just as likely the shift to the floater. I'm seeing a lot of shots that are falling a little short. I am probably over-analyzing this.

I remember seeing an interview earlier in the season where he said his shot was still a little off. Just think he needs to get back in the rhythm of NBA gameplay.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/8/2022  4:43 PM
We should just tank.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
11/8/2022  4:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:We should just tank.

The glass is literally both half full and half empty.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2022  8:07 PM

When Brunson has an effective mix of passing, and scoring, we're competitive. The team doesnt rise and fall on Brunson hitting his shots. The last game vs. Minny should be the template.

EwingsGlass
USA
11/8/2022  8:18 PM
Nalod wrote:

Based on strength of schedule, I think we are going to end up with a good year. Objectively on paper, I would have predicted 3-7 for this stretch and there isn’t a ton of relief on the way. We snatched wins from 76s and Tims while they were short handed. Gave good run to some pretty good teams (before collapsing horrifically).

If we can stay 50% win percentage through December 9, I think we can take a lot of games on the rest of the schedule.

This is the Randle.
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/8/2022  10:56 PM
After 10 Knicks games, it should be legit to say Cam Reddish belong in the Knicks starter lineup.
And Fournier should do well in a bench lineup of D.Rose Quickley Obi Hart.
That's whenever coach Thibs decide to put an all-bench lineup on the court again.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2022  8:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

When Brunson has an effective mix of passing, and scoring, we're competitive. The team doesnt rise and fall on Brunson hitting his shots. The last game vs. Minny should be the template.

That would be nice. Im not sure we have still seen our full potential with a healthy Grimes and Mitch. Early returns on Randle are good with renewed fun spirit and RJ letting the game come to him a bit more. He gets to the line effectively with his penetration and those same like bailout to fans. I see the "hockey assets" occur not just with him but cam, Brunson and Jules. We got to the rim sometimes with reckless abandon. If Grimes can give us similar defense that cam provides but with the "H20" shooting touch we will be better.
Mitch was playing like he was invinceable both to injury and fouling. His aggressive play need to be tempered a bit. Hey, its a good problem1!!! Maybe he is hard pressed to show he deserves that contract. Same for RJ.

Philc1
Member: #8897

11/12/2022  4:50 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Based on strength of schedule, I think we are going to end up with a good year. Objectively on paper, I would have predicted 3-7 for this stretch and there isn’t a ton of relief on the way. We snatched wins from 76s and Tims while they were short handed. Gave good run to some pretty good teams (before collapsing horrifically).

If we can stay 50% win percentage through December 9, I think we can take a lot of games on the rest of the schedule.

All the math equations had us going 40 or 41 wins and 10th play in seed. Sounds about right

Stay competitive until Kawahi demands a trade out of LA and suddenly Lebron finally becomes interested in actually going to NY in 2023

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/12/2022  6:20 PM
Philc1 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

All the math equations had us going 40 or 41 wins and 10th play in seed. Sounds about right

Stay competitive until Kawahi demands a trade out of LA and suddenly Lebron finally becomes interested in actually going to NY in 2023

I'd be up for it. LeBron will be able to recruit players we cant as of now. Even at his age.

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy