Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
9/24/2022  11:11 PM
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/25/2022  8:46 PM
franco12 wrote:If this draft is that deep and that stacked, we should be tanking this year.

We should but we won't

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/25/2022  8:52 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

9/25/2022  9:04 PM
Clean wrote:

Welp there goes any idea of when the double draft will occur.

Considering this isn’t the double draft I expect the Knicks to package the Mavs pick with Fournier (and maybe another protected pick) for a wing upgrade. The Knicks should keep their pick but if Luka is healthy that Mavs pick will be in the 20’s.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

9/26/2022  1:43 AM
Sorry this is off topic abit but something is bothering me with the Mitchell trade. At this point im happy the knicks lost out on the trade but i want to see the logic of Ainge in picking the Cavs package. Is the real prize of the package is Sexton and Markennen? Are sexton and Markennen better that RJ and Obi? Wow, or the s the unprotected Cavs pick alot more valuable than any of the knicks pick that was offered? Considering Mitchell to the cavs might have just completed their rebuild and even considered a contender in the eastthe picks they got are just mid to late 20s. Even if knicks give top 15 protected picks it will still be better than the cavs picks.the cavs are young and can be contenders for a long time. Is Angie betting Mitchell leaves the cavs after his current contract ends? If my thinking is logical it might look like Mitchell was sent to the Cavs in a not so good fate.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/27/2022  7:24 AM
wargames wrote:
Clean wrote:

Welp there goes any idea of when the double draft will occur.

Considering this isn’t the double draft I expect the Knicks to package the Mavs pick with Fournier (and maybe another protected pick) for a wing upgrade. The Knicks should keep their pick but if Luka is healthy that Mavs pick will be in the 20’s.

A real SF is our biggest need. Move Barrett to the 2 and Grimes the first wing off the bench. Quickley the first guard. We have extra rotation players that need to be consolidated intoi an upgrade

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2022  10:23 AM
JMHO I think the 2022 draft will be better than 2023. I think the one mistake we made in the offseason was not taking a player and punting into future draft. One of those picks went to Brunson which is a no brainer--but the other pick was something we shouldve executed on. And Im well aware we were trying to get picks for Mitchell but an 11 pick in a good draft shouldnt be passed up unless the value back is a lock.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
9/27/2022  10:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:JMHO I think the 2022 draft will be better than 2023. I think the one mistake we made in the offseason was not taking a player and punting into future draft. One of those picks went to Brunson which is a no brainer--but the other pick was something we shouldve executed on. And Im well aware we were trying to get picks for Mitchell but an 11 pick in a good draft shouldnt be passed up unless the value back is a lock.

What are you making this judgement on?

Every draft site and person who covers NBA drafts has marked the 2023 draft as super deep with generational talent at the top 2 spots while also poo-poo'ing the 2022 draft.

Elaborate your thinking.

martin
USA
9/27/2022  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2022  10:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:JMHO I think the 2022 draft will be better than 2023. I think the one mistake we made in the offseason was not taking a player and punting into future draft. One of those picks went to Brunson which is a no brainer--but the other pick was something we shouldve executed on. And Im well aware we were trying to get picks for Mitchell but an 11 pick in a good draft shouldnt be passed up unless the value back is a lock.

As well, the Knicks used second round picks and exchanged #11 or 3 future firsts to move 3 vets.... and they are still overloaded roster-wise.

You take a pick in this year's draft, and then what? Complain all year that your player doesn't get playing time and the young guys on the roster are also getting less time?

Who was your pick in this year's draft?

When does the logistics of reality set in?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/27/2022  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2022  10:36 AM
martin wrote:

Every draft site and person who covers NBA drafts has marked the 2023 draft as super deep with generational talent at the top 2 spots while also poo-poo'ing the 2022 draft.

Elaborate your thinking.

I don’t know if the 2023 is going to be real deep- I know it’s strong at the top- but at the same time, the 2022 was not considered deep at all. There wasn’t anyone in the upper teens that looks like a no-brainer in the way you get from time to time, wondering how these guys fell out of the top 10. There was none of that we passed on. And to be honest, if there’s no opportunity in the rotation for a player drafted at 11, it’s tough to pick someone. Our team is deep. 11 guys expect to be rotation players. Knicks didn’t do much consolation this summer.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2022  8:37 PM
martin wrote:

Elaborate your thinking.

I think there were big 3 positional players that we do not possess. Yes we have logjam so to speak but a draft pick isn’t a necessary rotational player

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/27/2022  8:49 PM
We already have recent draft picks who need to be evaluated. Thats what this season will clear up.

BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

Elaborate your thinking.

I think there were big 3 positional players that we do not possess. Yes we have logjam so to speak but a draft pick isn’t a necessary rotational player

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/27/2022  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2022  9:15 PM
All the crying and pants wetting on the most recent draft night was as pathetic as any behavior by Knicks fans and media as I can recall. Which is saying a boatload. Moves that got us cap room for Brunson PLUS more future assets probably multiple first rounders. And people are having nervous breakdowns. Idiotic.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/28/2022  9:52 AM
KnickDanger wrote:All the crying and pants wetting on the most recent draft night was as pathetic as any behavior by Knicks fans and media as I can recall. Which is saying a boatload. Moves that got us cap room for Brunson PLUS more future assets probably multiple first rounders. And people are having nervous breakdowns. Idiotic.

Rose and Perry did a heckuva job

Now if only they can figure out the ultimate salary dump Randle

KnickDanger

9/28/2022  10:00 AM
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:All the crying and pants wetting on the most recent draft night was as pathetic as any behavior by Knicks fans and media as I can recall. Which is saying a boatload. Moves that got us cap room for Brunson PLUS more future assets probably multiple first rounders. And people are having nervous breakdowns. Idiotic.

Trade Randle!
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/28/2022  10:13 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Trade Randle!

Why?

KnickDanger

9/28/2022  3:13 PM
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Trade Randle!

Why?

All I know is every thread ends up there. So as a good sheep I agree!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2022  3:20 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Trade Randle!

Why?

They don't have to trade him this minute. There are still plenty of 6-17 shooting performances for you to enjoy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger

9/28/2022  3:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2022  4:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Trade Randle!

Why?

They don't have to trade him this minute. There are still plenty of 6-17 shooting performances for you to enjoy.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Clean
Member: #743
9/28/2022  5:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Trade Randle!

Why?

That got a little laugh out of me.

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy