[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

11/29/2022  12:05 AM
TPercy wrote:tanking our way to top 6 is still feasible lol

Are talking about the knicks are the Mavs? Because the Mavs look like they want to keep their top 10 protected draft pick.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/29/2022  11:11 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Brandon miller 6-10 will go # 2 in draft finally saw him last night playing uconn tonight. Better version of smith from last draft K durant like

WOW #2?

Most are saying Scoot and Wemby are generational type talent with Amen a smidge behind. You think Miller is in same convo?

He looks like ke durant. Hes already ,lcked top 3 so its not much of a stretch to go 2 who knows but hes darn good

knicks should get two great players in the late teens

Nice, I gotta keep an eye on Miller.

Draft soooo deep and I want Knicks to be aggressive moving up and am hoping the gods FINALLY smile down on our 20+ years of being beaten down with bad choices and teams and we get some luck in the lottery. Knicks gotta get talent out of this draft.

Like made a trade with Washington to help them out lol

Miller's shot is incredible. the swishes. He makes the basket feel like the ocean
Caseloads
11/29/2022  11:12 AM
TPercy wrote:tanking our way to top 6 is still feasible lol

Knicks will end up fighting their way to the top 11 pick

Caseloads
11/29/2022  11:23 AM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:All I know is the Knicks will most likely have 2 picks this year and this draft is deep and full of wing type players the Knicks need.

I don't want the Knicks to tank but if they do offload Randle/Rose I'd hope they can slide a bit. Right now in the standings they would have #12 and #14 picks with Washington sitting at pick #16 (and prob won't transfer).

With this being a stronger draft than last year having multiple picks will be worth more they may be able to move up. Also as much as we as a group like Obi or IQ they would be great draft night trade pieces as well. I don’t think they could get into the top spots, but once you get into the #5 pick territory teams might listen.

Trade Obi or IQ for a 2023 draft pick. Pacers?
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/29/2022  8:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2022  8:44 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Brandon miller 6-10 will go # 2 in draft finally saw him last night playing uconn tonight. Better version of smith from last draft K durant like

He might go #2 if he has a great tournament showing. Otherwise he’s a lock for 3 or 4 overall. His shooting from 3 is off the charts. I’d love to trade up and get him if we get all 3 1st round picks plus throw in some trade bait like IQ and Obi.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2022  11:30 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2022  10:17 AM
martin wrote:

This is a nice video. I’m curious about Kel’el Ware. With limited looks at him he reminds me of Jaren Jackson Jr. I’m not big on drafting a rim runner high but he can shoot, block shots and seems to have a nice offensive package. He could be the compliment to Mitchell Robinson that this team needs. The question becomes do we use a high draft pick on a center.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

11/30/2022  7:22 PM
The knicks have been superstar hunting for a verry long time, would this front office consider trading up to get the top pick or number 2 to get either Victor or Scoot. A jump to the top two might equal a kitchen sink type package of multiple 1st round picks and young players if the other team has cap space.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2022  9:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  9:56 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:The knicks have been superstar hunting for a verry long time, would this front office consider trading up to get the top pick or number 2 to get either Victor or Scoot. A jump to the top two might equal a kitchen sink type package of multiple 1st round picks and young players if the other team has cap space.

Scoot is pointless because your best player is a PG. And no way Knicks have the assets to trade into the top 5 anyways. But you can’t move a ton of picks for scoot in case he maxes out as a player only as good or slightly better than Brunson.

wargames

12/1/2022  12:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2022  5:12 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:The knicks have been superstar hunting for a verry long time, would this front office consider trading up to get the top pick or number 2 to get either Victor or Scoot. A jump to the top two might equal a kitchen sink type package of multiple 1st round picks and young players if the other team has cap space.

Scoot is pointless because your best player is a PG. And no way Knicks have the assets to trade into the top 5 anyways. But you can’t move a ton of picks for scoot in case he maxes out as a player only as good or slightly better than Brunson.

I think the top #2 are outside their reach, but #3 going forward could be on the table depending on if a team wants one of the Knicks youth and pick heavy package.

wargames

12/1/2022  5:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2022  5:15 AM

He’s a senior so the drives to the paint and rebounding has to be looked at as him having a physical advantage, but the shooting and creation could be real. He’s been adding to his game every season and is holding up under the pressure of being the team’s star.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/1/2022  7:07 AM
wargames wrote:

He’s a senior so the drives to the paint and rebounding has to be looked at as him having a physical advantage, but the shooting and creation could be real. He’s been adding to his game every season and is holding up under the pressure of being the team’s star.

I can definitely see him filling in a Josh Hart role in an NBA lineup. He will be available later in the first round, possibly second round, due to his age and perceived upside. We've seen this scenario play out before with guys like Bane and Hart.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/1/2022  7:12 AM
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I think the top #2 are outside their reach, but #3 going forward could be on the table depending on if a team wants one of the Knicks youth and pick heavy package.

This draft is so wing heavy tho. Would it be worth it to move up to #3 to grab Thompson, whose looking like he's the next available prospect after Scoot? I'm leaning Anthony Black at the Knicks current draft slot, tho I think he'll be just beyond their reach.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1

12/1/2022  12:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This draft is so wing heavy tho. Would it be worth it to move up to #3 to grab Thompson, whose looking like he's the next available prospect after Scoot? I'm leaning Anthony Black at the Knicks current draft slot, tho I think he'll be just beyond their reach.

Being a wing heavy draft is fine because it’s a wing league. Lots of teams go with lineups with 3-4 wings on the floor at the same time

BigDaddyG

12/1/2022  2:36 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Being a wing heavy draft is fine because it’s a wing league. Lots of teams go with lineups with 3-4 wings on the floor at the same time

That's what I mean. Is the dropped off from the #3 pick that huge where it's worth it to give up a load of picks to move up? I think the team will be able to pick up a decent player without needing to move up. Could be wrong,but I'm not sure Amen Thompson, the consensus #3, is worth that investment.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/1/2022  7:52 PM
Really think we need a surefire stud vs adding lots of very good players and hoping one develops in excess to their draft position. We kinda suck at picking 1-10 so the higher up we get the more likely we don't draft another Knox, Frank, etc... why not package our pick 10-14, dallas pick 11-17 and a future pick to move up to #5-7? We don't 3 more pretty good players as much as we need one future star/leader right?
Philc1

12/1/2022  11:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

That's what I mean. Is the dropped off from the #3 pick that huge where it's worth it to give up a load of picks to move up? I think the team will be able to pick up a decent player without needing to move up. Could be wrong,but I'm not sure Amen Thompson, the consensus #3, is worth that investment.

This draft is looking very deep. Like, we could trade up anywhere into the top 10 picks and get a really good player

Philc1

12/1/2022  11:20 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Really think we need a surefire stud vs adding lots of very good players and hoping one develops in excess to their draft position. We kinda suck at picking 1-10 so the higher up we get the more likely we don't draft another Knox, Frank, etc... why not package our pick 10-14, dallas pick 11-17 and a future pick to move up to #5-7? We don't 3 more pretty good players as much as we need one future star/leader right?

We need a pure shooter. Especially from 3. Brandon Miller fits the bill and is a guy we might be able to realistically trade up for

wargames

12/2/2022  8:23 AM
BigDaddyG

12/2/2022  1:09 PM
Looks a lot better. Before he was just a raw 6'11" with talent. Now he looks like basketball player who plays with purpose
2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy