[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybe a thought could be Brunson in S&T for Randle??
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/30/2022  1:32 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Randle was at his best, his contract year. The best part of his game was his taking the lead in pushing the tempo. Randle was sprinting up the court early that season until the rest of the squad started to keep up with him. He was playing fast and making quick decisions.

Flash forward to last season. Randle practically walked up the court, with the ball. The energy, the uptempo play was mostly gone.

Which Randle will we see next season? Will he be in good enough shape to push the tempo, look like he did his contract year? Somewhere in between? Thats going to play a large part in wether or not Randle fits with Brunson.

Id like to see Randle being allowed to grab a board and lead the break, like he did before. Not just hand it off to Brunson. Believe it will help keep him more engaged in the offense. Dont want him just going to a spot and waiting for the ball like Melo. Want to see Randle mix it up again.

IF we do get an upgrade at pg Randle’s just gonna have to suck it up and become more of a catch and shoot PF similar to what Chris Webber was with Mike Bibby.

If he doesn’t like it. He will lose minutes to Obi and eventually just sulk his way into a contract buyout or stretch provision in a year or two. No one is touching that contract in a trade it’s radioactive

I didnt like Randle's play (or attitude) last season. Guessing you're in the same camp. You're under the mistaken impression that my suggestion is to keep Randle happy. Its mostly about how Randle is wired, when he's at his most effective. His contract year, Randle was playing a lot of point forward, He pushed the tempo, got his teammates involved, racked up some crazy assist numbers some games.

Last season, his conditioning wasnt there, he couldnt push the tempo. Believe he knew he wasnt the same player. Wasnt team or fan friendly.

If Randle does stay, I want to see him play like "contract year Randle". Sharing playmaking duties with Brunson, if he's a Knick. Save some wear and tear on Brunson as well. The idea is to see the best version of Randle's game on the court. That involves Randle sharing playmaking duties. Wont work if he comes back in the same shape as last season.

idk what happened last year. Thibs is def a players coach and going to let guys work things out and there's a lot of reasons to have given Randle a long leash last year. This year there are much fewer. Rose/Thibs are not going to hinge their run here on Julius Randle. They are right to try and get him right IMO.. but there's an expiration date on that. I can promise you

I remember reading about all the work Randle put in the offseason to get into the kind of shape that allowed him to play at the clip he was able to his contract year. Between Covid, family responsibilities, and a season of playing at a very high level. Randle appeared from a distance, like he burnt out.

Also guessing that the FO knows that it would be more expensive to go out and find another player to put up the numbers. (or close) Randle put up his contract year. Not having to trade Randle would free up cap room to address other needs.

To me, the major change I saw was that the 18 foot fadeway stopped dropping and it went from being a surprisingly effective shot to a very inefficient shot. At the same time, his 3 point percentage dropped from a surprising 40% to 33%. If he gets that 3 back up to 37+% and stops taking fadeaway 18 footer, he is an all star again. I believe this.

I hope Randle gets his game back to where it was. Randle has the offseason to figure out what went wrong, and make the necessary adjustments. Having Randle playing like an all-star in the playoffs, with Brunson, could get us past the first round. If RJ is playing like an All-star as well. Which I believe is possible.

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  3:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Randle was at his best, his contract year. The best part of his game was his taking the lead in pushing the tempo. Randle was sprinting up the court early that season until the rest of the squad started to keep up with him. He was playing fast and making quick decisions.

Flash forward to last season. Randle practically walked up the court, with the ball. The energy, the uptempo play was mostly gone.

Which Randle will we see next season? Will he be in good enough shape to push the tempo, look like he did his contract year? Somewhere in between? Thats going to play a large part in wether or not Randle fits with Brunson.

Id like to see Randle being allowed to grab a board and lead the break, like he did before. Not just hand it off to Brunson. Believe it will help keep him more engaged in the offense. Dont want him just going to a spot and waiting for the ball like Melo. Want to see Randle mix it up again.

IF we do get an upgrade at pg Randle’s just gonna have to suck it up and become more of a catch and shoot PF similar to what Chris Webber was with Mike Bibby.

If he doesn’t like it. He will lose minutes to Obi and eventually just sulk his way into a contract buyout or stretch provision in a year or two. No one is touching that contract in a trade it’s radioactive

I didnt like Randle's play (or attitude) last season. Guessing you're in the same camp. You're under the mistaken impression that my suggestion is to keep Randle happy. Its mostly about how Randle is wired, when he's at his most effective. His contract year, Randle was playing a lot of point forward, He pushed the tempo, got his teammates involved, racked up some crazy assist numbers some games.

Last season, his conditioning wasnt there, he couldnt push the tempo. Believe he knew he wasnt the same player. Wasnt team or fan friendly.

If Randle does stay, I want to see him play like "contract year Randle". Sharing playmaking duties with Brunson, if he's a Knick. Save some wear and tear on Brunson as well. The idea is to see the best version of Randle's game on the court. That involves Randle sharing playmaking duties. Wont work if he comes back in the same shape as last season.

It’s not that I didn’t like Randle’s play or attitude- I was just disappointed that I knew what to expect of him after he got the extension

The guy has not won in anywhere for a reason. His absolute peak of his career was 2020 regular season - we then made the playoffs and he reverted to being a black hole on offense.

We haven’t seen the version of Randle’s game yet that you and other Knicks fans want to see because he has yet to play with a legit pg here. The version that works is becoming more of a spot shooter/guy who rotates with Mitch in the crease to get put backs

Maybe a thought could be Brunson in S&T for Randle??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy