[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dejounte Murray needs be our #1
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2022  5:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:Anyone think Atlanta is regretting not waiting until today to hold on to those draft picks?

Was that not the Spurs plan all along? Thought Gallo only had a partial guaranteed?

I thought so too. That's why they went Rooster over Collins in the first place.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  6:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Yikes, Hawks jumped the gun, though I doubt KD would have been chuffed playing there

You think Collins and four drafts picks gets it done? I think Nets are going to look to restock their draft pick pool like Houston did in the Garden trade.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/30/2022  6:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Yikes, Hawks jumped the gun, though I doubt KD would have been chuffed playing there

You think Collins and four drafts picks gets it done? I think Nets are going to look to restock their draft pick pool like Houston did in the Garden trade.

I dont think they have the picks to make it happen. It'd have to be their own 2023, swap 2024, then latest pick would be 2029 then 2031

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  6:43 PM
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I dont think they have the picks to make it happen. It'd have to be their own 2023, swap 2024, then latest pick would be 2029 then 2031

I meant the Murray package, but Collins instead of Gallo. Still think that's not enough. Maybe throw in DeAndre and Huerter. Maybe Ony too.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

7/1/2022  7:10 AM
Is b tching about Adam silver not orchaestrating a Murray trade for us still a thing?
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
7/1/2022  7:41 AM
Clutch seems to be able to move guys to teams. Leon….

I still don’t think three picks was a lot for Murray. He’s actually a real all star and 25 and so what if you needed to max him. We would have had serious fire power for 5 years and no divas outside of Randle on the roster.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2022  10:34 AM
MS wrote:Clutch seems to be able to move guys to teams. Leon….

I still don’t think three picks was a lot for Murray. He’s actually a real all star and 25 and so what if you needed to max him. We would have had serious fire power for 5 years and no divas outside of Randle on the roster.

Typically, negations like this between the likes of Spurs and Atlanta don't happen in a vacuum; there is a baseline out there from which both teams have an understanding and start point.

In this case, it would have been built off of the Jrue Holiday trade. So the question remains, did ATL pay as much as MIL?

If Knicks made this trade, what is the fit and would they have gotten the return they needed? IMHO Murray/Brunson with RJ/Grimes/Fournier/Rose/IQ/Cam (all guys who play and need minutes in the 1-3 slots) is perhaps not an ideal fit roster-wise and usage-wise.

For me, both MIL and ATL are in the near perfect position to trade for the type of player they needed. When you trade 3 firsts and 2 swaps, this needs to be the last (big) trade you need to make before you are done; ie, you are near set to contend for deep playoffs or are close enough and have a little left over to maneuver with the rest of your roster and asset base.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31193843/milwaukee-bucks-jrue-holiday-agree-four-year-extension-worth-160-million

The Bucks gave up guards Eric Bledsoe and George Hill, first-round draft choice R.J. Hampton and two future first-round picks as part of the four-team trade. They also acquired second-round pick Sam Merrill and gave New Orleans the right to swap two future first-round picks as part of the deal.

Jrue trade (MIL perspective):

OUT: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill; 2020 pick (#24), 2024 swap, 2025 (protected 1-4, Knicks now own), 2026 swap, 2027 (unprotected),

IN: Jrue Holiday (29 yo), Second-round pick Sam Merrill

Jrue was a 1-time all star and had been on all defensive team twice. Long track record of play. Extended so that he is under contract for 4 years plus 1 year player option.

Murray trade (ATL perspective):

OUT: Gallo, 2023 CHA (protected 1-16), 2025 (unprotected), 2026 swap, 2027 (unprotected).

IN: Murray (25 yo), some dude named Jock Landale

Murray was a 1-time all star sub and was on the all defensive second team in 2018. Has 2 years on contract.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

7/1/2022  5:44 PM
MS wrote:Clutch seems to be able to move guys to teams. Leon….

Problem is Murray was only under contractual control for 2 more years and is then UFA so he had to basically promise to extend with whoever traded for him

He already told the media he wanted to go to ATL. Probably didn’t say the same to spurs front office about NYC

https://www.si.com/nba/spurs/.amp/news/san-antonio-dejounte-murray-trade-atlanta-hawks-trae-young-gregg-popovich-free-agency

Dejounte Murray needs be our #1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy