[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dejounte Murray needs be our #1
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/30/2022  4:23 AM
Oooh, let me try. If Murray is so great how come the Spurs basically sucked during his time with them? That's with Pops who is a legendary coach for sure. Shouldn't they at least have made the playoffs? Is it possible that his triple double numbers are a result of a system that Pops runs? To pump his value and then dump him for a chance to get a real franchise player? I thought a bird in ones hand is worth more than two in the bush? Yeah!!!
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/30/2022  4:32 AM
I bet the Spurs asked for either IQ, Grimes or Obi. I am glad we held on to those guys. All of them project to be better shooters anyway
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/30/2022  6:59 AM

Dolan J. Trump
@Dolan_J_Trump
Replying to
@wojespn
What many people don’t realize is that Gregg Popovich is still mad (what else is new?) over the Marcus Morris free agent deal from years ago and refused to make a trade deal with me. Grumpy Gregg is a nasty guy.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Philc1
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  7:44 AM
ramtour420 wrote:I bet the Spurs asked for either IQ, Grimes or Obi. I am glad we held on to those guys. All of them project to be better shooters anyway

Ofcourse the spurs asked for those guys

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/30/2022  7:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  8:44 AM
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Spurs picking first in 2023 draft. Book it.

The French C Wembanyama? Supposed to be Holmgren except better

Maybe.

@Martin - yeah, the Knicks would be roasted by the media for giving 1 unprotected pick, let alone 2! But hey, YOLO.
Bold move by the Hawks.
The Knicks had the assets to make a better offer and held back. Maybe we insisted on protection and handing over Fournier.

I'm thinking Knicks offered 2 firsts, EF and a couple of seconds. Possibly even 3 firsts and EF.
Maybe Spurs preferred clearing cap by releasing Gallo? Would have liked Murray as our PG over Brunson. He did have a big payday in the near future though. Also unknown what the Spurs really wanted from us. Hawks will be a lot better. Murray will have space to drive as NO one is coming of Trae to help and Hawks have a couple of good shooters. Think Trae will be primary ball handler and Murray will pickup opposing lead guards on defense.

Cue up the Fat Berman headline " Knicks pick wrong guard" after Hawks blow out Knicks, Murray gets 39 and he shuts down the smaller Brunson. Hope not but you know the media will pounce if it does.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2022  8:02 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Maybe.

@Martin - yeah, the Knicks would be roasted by the media for giving 1 unprotected pick, let alone 2! But hey, YOLO.
Bold move by the Hawks.
The Knicks had the assets to make a better offer and held back. Maybe we insisted on protection and handing over Fournier.

I'm thinking Knicks offered 2 firsts, EF and a couple of seconds. Possibly even 3 firsts and EF.
Spurs preferred clearing cap by releasing Gallo? Would have liked Murray as our PG over Brunson. He did have a big payday in the near future though. Also unknown what the Spurs really wanted from us. Hawks will be a lot better. Murray will have space to drive as NO one is coming of Trae to help and Hawks have a couple of good shooters. Think Trae will be primary ball handler and Murray will pickup opposing lead guards on defense.

Cue up the Fat Berman headline " Knicks pick wrong guard" after Hawks blow out Knicks, Murray gets 39 and he shuts down the smaller Brunson. Hope not but you know the media will pounce if it does.

Knicks could've offered Cam, which equals about the same amount of cap savings as Gallo. I think it just came down to the number of protections Atlanta offered. As an aside, I just saw report that the Knicks conversations with the Spurs had nothing to do with Cam. It's BS season, so who knows?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  8:08 AM
Post paints it as a crushing blow to fans. Sometimes its best to not overpay. Since we have little faith of lady luck or that we do anything right Media can get away with this.
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
6/30/2022  11:00 AM
ramtour420 wrote:Oooh, let me try. If Murray is so great how come the Spurs basically sucked during his time with them? That's with Pops who is a legendary coach for sure. Shouldn't they at least have made the playoffs? Is it possible that his triple double numbers are a result of a system that Pops runs? To pump his value and then dump him for a chance to get a real franchise player? I thought a bird in ones hand is worth more than two in the bush? Yeah!!!

Reports came out that he told the Spurs he wouldn't extend/resign with them and wanted to go elsewhere. So they sold high instead of waiting or trying to convince him to stay. He will be a terrific fit next to Trae Young as he can cover for his deficiences.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/30/2022  11:21 AM
jskinny35 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Oooh, let me try. If Murray is so great how come the Spurs basically sucked during his time with them? That's with Pops who is a legendary coach for sure. Shouldn't they at least have made the playoffs? Is it possible that his triple double numbers are a result of a system that Pops runs? To pump his value and then dump him for a chance to get a real franchise player? I thought a bird in ones hand is worth more than two in the bush? Yeah!!!

Reports came out that he told the Spurs he wouldn't extend/resign with them and wanted to go elsewhere. So they sold high instead of waiting or trying to convince him to stay. He will be a terrific fit next to Trae Young as he can cover for his deficiences.

Honest question: how does he cover for Trae's deficiencies. Are they consistently not going to switch on screens?

I see a lot of friction on offense. Both these guys do best with their ball in their hands and there's only one ball

At least Jalen has a body of work where he played well with another ball dominant player

(5)(5)
Philc1
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  11:49 AM
Chandler wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

Honest question: how does he cover for Trae's deficiencies. Are they consistently not going to switch on screens?

I see a lot of friction on offense. Both these guys do best with their ball in their hands and there's only one ball

At least Jalen has a body of work where he played well with another ball dominant player

Silver promised Atlanta a rule change to allow 2 balls in play when the hawks have possession

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2022  11:54 AM
Makes sense to me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
6/30/2022  12:22 PM
This is why you don't get all lathered and let media pull emotions all about. We read this and think "Wow, typical knicks could not get it done".
Writers then do the "leon needs to get more done"........
Things we think are in front of our team are really not.
Spurs would be smart to create a market to drive up his price. If we were not involved, were did it come from that we were?
HofstraBBall

6/30/2022  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  12:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Maybe.

Bold move by the Hawks.

Spurs preferred clearing cap by releasing Gallo? Would have liked Murray as our PG over Brunson. He did have a big payday in the near future though. Also unknown what the Spurs really wanted from us. Hawks will be a lot better. Murray will have space to drive as NO one is coming of Trae to help and Hawks have a couple of good shooters. Think Trae will be primary ball handler and Murray will pickup opposing lead guards on defense.

Knicks could've offered Cam, which equals about the same amount of cap savings as Gallo. I think it just came down to the number of protections Atlanta offered. As an aside, I just saw report that the Knicks conversations with the Spurs had nothing to do with Cam. It's BS season, so who knows?

Here is the thing. Knicks may have done some due diligence on Murray but the bottom line is that I believe they have already promised Brunson's agent a deal. Hard to legitimately negotiate with the Spurs if you already have a promise in place. Think Murray opportunity came too late. Unfortunate as I feel Knicks preferred Murray. Also agree that the Hawks are a better situation for him in terms of potential to compete for the East. But like you said, who really knows but the top FO guys.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
6/30/2022  12:38 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Maybe.

Bold move by the Hawks.

Here is the thing. Knicks may have done some due diligence on Murray but the bottom line is that I believe they have already promised Brunson's agent a deal. Hard to legitimately negotiate with the Spurs if you already have a promise in place. Think Murray opportunity came too late. Unfortunate as I feel Knicks preferred Murray. Also agree that the Hawks are a better situation for him in terms of potential to compete for the East. But like you said, who really knows but the top FO guys.

That we were so engaged with Detroit about Ivey, and still are is interesting. That they were linked to Ayton but then have Isiah Stewart and Duran makes them not so much players for him or perhaps Mitch. But, obviously there were structures to Kemba, norlens and Burks whom all are part of Detroit for the moment.
But...........
If some deals are not finalized could they also be moved on to another team? Brock Aller got this shyt all mapped out?
have to Give Leon, Perry, Asst GM H20, and Perrin all credit thus far. But lets see were this all ends up.
We are second to Thunder/Presti in terms of stash assets. And we have Rokas!
whats obvious is Leon and Company are stingy and won't spend the capital were they are not appying value to.

martin
USA
6/30/2022  12:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Maybe.

Bold move by the Hawks.

Like in a vacuum prefer Murray? What gives you that impression?

If the Knicks preferred Murray and were OK with the picks, he would be a Knicks player.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/30/2022  1:12 PM
^^ i'm in this camp

we had the assets. We didn't like the price

now i want the Hawks to implode. When we play them next we should give Trae the Mother of All Wedgies -- I hate that guy

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

6/30/2022  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  2:22 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Maybe.

Bold move by the Hawks.

Like in a vacuum prefer Murray? What gives you that impression?

If the Knicks preferred Murray and were OK with the picks, he would be a Knicks player.

My friends aunt who works for a guy who's cousin is best friends with Murrays housekeeper said so.

I did say "believe". Reason why is because Knicks have inquired about Murray in the past. Probably told it would take a king's ransom. Ie. Matching salaries, IQ, Obi, three firsts. Think they saw Murray as a franchise PG but we're not willing to give that much up. Probably my own bias view of Brunson but think he is not a franchise PG. Murray also fit better with Thibs as a bigger defensive PG. Murray's deficiency can be worked on. Brunson can't be made taller.

I definitely don't know who Rose thought was better. My point was that it probably went like this:
Knicks saw DM as franchise PG a couple of months ago when rumor of availability.
Knicks were informed of ridiculous price.
Knicks reached out on draft night and the price was still ridiculous.
Brunson became their main target and moves were made to make it happen. Including promise to Rose's son.
Murray price came down in last two days.
Knicks reached back out and considered backing out of Brunson promise if they could get a steal.
Hawks offered a better deal.

OR

The Knicks preferred Brunson all along.

martin
USA
6/30/2022  3:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  3:41 PM
Anyone think Atlanta is regretting not waiting until today to hold on to those draft picks?

HofstraBBall

6/30/2022  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  4:20 PM
martin wrote:Anyone think Atlanta is regretting not waiting until today to hold on to those draft picks?

Was that not the Spurs plan all along? Thought Gallo only had a partial guaranteed?

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2022  5:45 PM
Yikes, Hawks jumped the gun, though I doubt KD would have been chuffed playing there
Dejounte Murray needs be our #1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy