[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

One has to go

Author Poll
TPercy
Member: #5748

In order the reach the $25 million, it’s clear that we have to let go of Burks, Fournier, Reddish, or Noel. We also have a glut of wings so it makes sense to move on from one of them. To be Frank, I actually like all of these guys a lot so the decision is a bit hard.

Burks has been here the longest, is a very solid shooter and plays better D than Fournier. He was put in a ****ty situation and still did the best he could. Feel like in his old role we’d get way more value from him at a fraction of the cost of Fournier but he is the easiest contract to move.

Fournier is owed way more money and has a longer deal but is clearly the best shooter on this team. He could also be the hardest to move with his 18m contract. I also think that he wasn’t maximized because he is known for his secondary playmaking ability but never really got the ball much. Maybe he fits better with second unit? Under no circumstances would I want to give up a pick to move him.

Noel suffered from injuries last year. I felt like Sims was growing into the role tho he still does have a lot to learn. Not to mention getting rid of Noel wouldn’t resolve the glut at C.

I was never really a fan of Reddish since his college days. I think he does all the flashy plays on D but is he really that strong of a defender? Not to mention his shooting is inconsistent. However, his upside as a 6’8 3 and D guy with some scoring ability is hard to not give him a chance. We also did trade a protected first for him so we’d want to get good value in any deal back.

Reddish
Burks
Noel
Fournier
View Results

Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2022  12:45 PM
They all have to go lol
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1

6/26/2022  12:48 PM
martin wrote:They all have to go lol

See maybe I’m just overrating my own players but I feel like all of them still have value to offer

The Future is Bright!
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

6/26/2022  12:53 PM
I would like to keep Cam, i want to see more of his game and with Fournier gone maybe Cam can finally play. Unfortunately, it seem Cam is one of the 1st players being shopped from this list.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/26/2022  1:04 PM
Fournier will be tough to get rid of due to contract.
Noel is the easiest. Teams need solid backup bigs.
Do not want to get rid of Burks due to how he contributes to winning and do not want to get rid of Cam due to age and potential.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/26/2022  1:26 PM
As other have stated, if we resign Mitch, then the team likely trades Noel. The team also should try to get a future 1st rounder or potentially high second rounder for Burks. We need to give Burks' minutes to IQ, McBride, and Grimes next year to continue their development.
Trust the Process
TPercy

6/26/2022  1:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Fournier will be tough to get rid of due to contract.
Do not want to get rid of Burks due to how he contributes to winning and do not want to get rid of Cam due to age and potential.

Yeah my gut tells me to keep Burks as well. Worth mentioning he’s been among the top of WS/48 at the guard position while he’s been here as well. He’s won us a number of games while he’s been here despite being out of position.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2022  1:55 PM
TPercy wrote:

Yeah my gut tells me to keep Burks as well. Worth mentioning he’s been among the top of WS/48 at the guard position while he’s been here as well. He’s won us a number of games while he’s been here despite being out of position.

It's unfortunate. Burks is the one guy you would want to keep but also the one guy where you can move most easily.

Knicks got Grimes to take his minutes too, so peace be with you my brother Burks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

6/26/2022  2:39 PM
Burks is the most valuable to the Knicks of the aforementioned because of his versatility switching from SG to SF to even PG, not to mention, superb attitude, team player, etc. The other three are in fixed positions - one trick ponies if you will - and expensive.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
6/26/2022  3:12 PM
BingBong wrote:Burks is the most valuable to the Knicks of the aforementioned because of his versatility switching from SG to SF to even PG, not to mention, superb attitude, team player, etc. The other three are in fixed positions - one trick ponies if you will - and expensive.

His defense is really bad. Its like paying 17mm for a guy that only plays on one half of the court. Yes, if he was a two way player with that shooting skill he would make $34MM. But, I think he is either a rotation player on a championship squad or a starter on a lottery team. Unfortunately, I think his track record speaks for itself.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

6/26/2022  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2022  4:22 PM

Noel and Burks are do-able to salary dump because they are useful players with team friendly contracts

Fournier? Good luck

GMs seem to be interested in Cam. I’d prefer to keep him but if that’s what it takes to land Brunson fine.

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/26/2022  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2022  7:31 PM
Trade Randle for a PG .. I would surprise everyone and trade Randle for Westbrook .. having a healthy D.Rose, Quickley, and Westbrook in the guard rotation the Knicks would give a much better season than the previous one !!!
TPercy

6/26/2022  11:38 PM
IF it all it took was Detroit 2nd round to move Fournier would you do it?
The Future is Bright!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/27/2022  9:36 AM
You lost me at "To be Frank..."

Fournier is the only above-decent shooter on the team. As much hate as he gets on here, I don't understand the need to dump him. 18mm isn't what it once was.
Cams stays because he's from Duke and hasn't been able to show anything yet, And he's a yoot. And he's part of the Zion MSG-setup.
Burks stays because he's actually worked on both sides of the court.

Noel has to be the one to go, but nobody wants a solid back-up that's anything but solid. And those jazz hands have got be a hard sell to any other GM.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/27/2022  9:37 AM
Kemet wrote:Trade Randle for a PG .. I would surprise everyone and trade Randle for Westbrook .. having a healthy D.Rose, Quickley, and Westbrook in the guard rotation the Knicks would give a much better season than the previous one !!!

Way to stay on topic!

TPercy

6/27/2022  11:28 AM
Burks advanced #s are actually pretty damn good for what he’s being paid. FiveThirtyEight has his Wins Over Replacement at 6.2 which puts him at #15 in SG, confirming what the eye test has been showing that he’s been the most consistent winning player we’ve had in a long time. He can shoot, handle the ball, and create his own shot when called upon while being slightly above average defensively. Not to mention, he’s been here for awhile and I take it he’s a great pro. I’m if not getting a 1st I’m keeping him.

Get Fournier off this team and fast track Grimes into the starting lineup. The Kings need a new SG and they can choose between him or Donte. Evan is the more consistent option.

Fox
Evan
Barnes
Murray
Sabonis

Mitchel
Davis
Holmes

The Future is Bright!
MS
Member: #724
6/27/2022  12:00 PM
The insanity of a team that just signed all these guys last offseason only to have to worry about unloading them.

Julius extension was a mistake especially after last years playoffs. We were close and the bubble was very weird.

You could have just done one year deals with guys like Schroeder, Monk, Rondo, Javelee MgGee, Oubre types and maintained your flexibility.

Denver could use Noel, the Suns could use Burks, Fournier and Julius for Westbrook? Honestly being able to reset and get another pick is fine by me.

I think just getting Obi more minutes and having energy out there with Grimes, IQ, will make this team better.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/27/2022  12:13 PM
I think Fournier is the oddest fit - he's a player that seems to demand starter minutes, but may not have the 2-way game to really deserve it. And offensively, his eFG have dipped since leaving Orlando. Maybe he'll bounce back or settle into a 6th man type of player. He's quite good when he's the focal point.

Cam Reddish needs to show some tangible output and consistency - maybe some other team is still enthralled with his potential. I mean maybe he was totally amazing in high school, but he hasn't shown a whole lot since then. He looked like a bust in college (how did he shoot .356 in college with Zion and RJ (and Tyus Jones!) and merely showed some flashes last season before getting shelved with injury.

I wouldn't mind Cam going.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/27/2022  12:14 PM
Noel would be the one I would cut/dump.

Would like to see what we can get out of Cam, like Fournier (dude set 3pt record for Knicks!) and Burks is such a great player.

BingBong
Member: #9036

6/27/2022  4:15 PM
technomaster wrote:Cam Reddish needs to show some tangible output and consistency - maybe some other team is still enthralled with his potential. I mean maybe he was totally amazing in high school, but he hasn't shown a whole lot since then. He looked like a bust in college (how did he shoot .356 in college with Zion and RJ (and Tyus Jones!) and merely showed some flashes last season before getting shelved with injury.

I wouldn't mind Cam going.

I wouldn't cut him yet. He's only 22, was one of RJ's and Zion's team mates, was a top 10 lotto pick...and has yet to get the opportunity to get his NBA sea legs. On December 22, 2021, playing as a rookie for the Atlanta Hawks, Reddish scored 34 points against the Orlando Magic. After getting traded to the Knicks, he played (minimally) in 15 games. He didn't outshine everyone on the court, but he averaged 6.1 PPG, and shot over 90% from the free throw line.

In NBA terms, he's still a baby. We don't even know what we have yet because he hasn't been acclimated to the Knicks' style of play and has spent most of his time watching from the bench. I am not ready to cut bait on him until he's given a chance to show us fickle fans what he's got.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

6/28/2022  9:32 AM
The New York Knicks have had exploratory discussions on trading center Nerlens Noel to the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told HoopsHype. Noel could fit into the Clippers’ $9.7 million trade exception previously generated by the Serge Ibaka trade. The Knicks have a surplus of draft pick compensation (22 picks total over the next seven years) to dangle.

According to our HoopsHype salary cap expert, Yossi Gozlan, if the Knicks can trade Noel without taking any salary back in a deal, New York could generate a total of $24.5 million in cap space. That figure would help the Knicks make an aggressive run at Jalen Brunson in free agency. The $24.5 million would include waiving Taj Gibson, as previously reported on the last HoopsHype intel report, and keeping Mitchell Robinson’s cap hold so they can re-sign him.

One has to go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy