[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mavs podcast Brunson is staying
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/29/2022  6:48 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2022/6/21/23178019/jake-fischer-mavericks-favorites-to-re-sign-jalen-brunson

I don’t! Get it
Knicks *Grumbling djmusuc

Whom? For the life of Riley is Jalen Brunson bringing?
Regarding intelligent NBA superstars or one level down
NBA Allstars to the Ny Knickerbockers

WHOM?
ANSWER That ? Eh

Jalen is a good kid upside 9-10 rated.
Has he won ? NBA title? NBA Conference?

How many studs or Ja Morant types are
Coming to NBA Knickerbockers cause of this
?

Don't even see knicks winning $$$ pay
Sweepstakes to aign him.

I am far from smartest person on this forum Board
But if you going to $$$ money you need to know
Whom will follow Brunson to Knickerbockers,

You have to see it as an investment. Jalen may not bring any players with him, this year or next. But maybe he helps get RJ or IQ to the next level. Those guys, who seem to be well liked in the league then can use their and start chipping away.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

6/29/2022  6:49 PM
Philc1 wrote:Brunson meeting with Heat. Rug roh

We are going to get ****ed again and sign another 4th tier player

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
houston20
Member: #8797

6/29/2022  6:51 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

We are not get phucked miami has nothing of value.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/29/2022  7:00 PM
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

If Miami can get a TPE from PJ Tucker signing with Philly, then they can trade TPE and Duncan Robinson (I think) for a 25mm Brunson. A bunch of ifs there. Philly would be using an MLE on Tucker, so they have to believe Miami is not their competition to assist them in adding Brunson as a super m-six man.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  7:03 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I wish I could go back in time to 1995 and convince Dolan to give Riley a piece of MSG to keep him here. The last 27 years of my life would be so different
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/29/2022  7:05 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
houston20
Member: #8797

6/29/2022  7:08 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

If Miami can get a TPE from PJ Tucker signing with Philly, then they can trade TPE and Duncan Robinson (I think) for a 25mm Brunson. A bunch of ifs there. Philly would be using an MLE on Tucker, so they have to believe Miami is not their competition to assist them in adding Brunson as a super m-six man.

The mavs have 156 million dollars committed to there team and duncan makes 16.9 million and 62 million over all contract next 4 years bad contract i doubt the heat get deal done for brunson.
martin
USA
6/29/2022  7:11 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

You don't trade TPE's. You get players traded into a TPE.

You get an TPE when you make a trade and there is a salary difference between what goes out and what comes in.

Miami would have to trade $25M in salary to a team with cap space without taking a player back to create a TPE that you are thinking of.

Miami is ****ed. Fucked with a fat, old Lowry who makes more per year than Brunson will. They are ****ed cause PJ is out. They are ****ed case Duncan seems to have dropped off for them

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/29/2022  7:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2022/6/21/23178019/jake-fischer-mavericks-favorites-to-re-sign-jalen-brunson

I don’t! Get it
Knicks *Grumbling djmusuc

Whom? For the life of Riley is Jalen Brunson bringing?
Regarding intelligent NBA superstars or one level down
NBA Allstars to the Ny Knickerbockers

WHOM?
ANSWER That ? Eh

Jalen is a good kid upside 9-10 rated.
Has he won ? NBA title? NBA Conference?

How many studs or Ja Morant types are
Coming to NBA Knickerbockers cause of this
?

Don't even see knicks winning $$$ pay
Sweepstakes to aign him.

I am far from smartest person on this forum Board
But if you going to $$$ money you need to know
Whom will follow Brunson to Knickerbockers,

You have to see it as an investment. Jalen may not bring any players with him, this year or next. But maybe he helps get RJ or IQ to the next level. Those guys, who seem to be well liked in the league then can use their and start chipping away.

I hear 👂 ya, regards to investment part 😉
👍

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
EwingsGlass
USA
6/29/2022  7:20 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

You get an TPE when you make a trade and there is a salary difference between what goes out and what comes in.

Miami would have to trade $25M in salary to a team with cap space without taking a player back to create a TPE that you are thinking of.

Miami is ****ed. Fucked with a fat, old Lowry who makes more per year than Brunson will. They are ****ed cause PJ is out. They are ****ed case Duncan seems to have dropped off for them

You have to match the 25 on the incoming but Dallas only get half. You do that by pairing Robinson with a TPE. The incoming differential between Robinson’s salary and the $25mm is covered by the TPE.

They need a TPE of about 8mm to make the deal work. If they get 10.2 from Philly, they can use 8mm of it.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
6/29/2022  7:49 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

You have to match the 25 on the incoming but Dallas only get half. You do that by pairing Robinson with a TPE. The incoming differential between Robinson’s salary and the $25mm is covered by the TPE.

They need a TPE of about 8mm to make the deal work. If they get 10.2 from Philly, they can use 8mm of it.

I don't think you understand the TPE correctly or I'm completely whiffing on your above. I don't think what you suggest can happen.

Take me through it step by step

EwingsGlass
USA
6/29/2022  8:39 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I don't think you understand the TPE correctly or I'm completely whiffing on your above. I don't think what you suggest can happen.

Take me through it step by step

I think you are right that I am saying this wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/urt7u7/before_making_ayton_trades_learn_about_base_year/

Scenario 4 of this is what I am trying to convey but it’s more complicated that I write and I am applying the TPE incorrectly as you say.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
6/29/2022  9:09 PM
martin
USA
6/29/2022  9:10 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:I think you are right that I am saying this wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/urt7u7/before_making_ayton_trades_learn_about_base_year/

Scenario 4 of this is what I am trying to convey but it’s more complicated that I write and I am applying the TPE incorrectly as you say.

I only hit up reddit for the Knicks memes and Girls Gone Wild subreddit, I can't make myself slog through the above lol

EwingsGlass
USA
6/29/2022  9:17 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I think you are right that I am saying this wrong.

I only hit up reddit for the Knicks memes and Girls Gone Wild subreddit, I can't make myself slog through the above lol

It’s better written than the chaff I throw around here.

This is the Randle.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/29/2022  9:44 PM
This is article by Hunter Felt from The Guardian:

3) Is Jalen Brunson the answer in New York?
On draft day, the Knicks made the curious decision to skip out on the first round altogether, trading their picks in order to clear up cap space. Then they traded Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks for two second-round picks and cash for even more cap space.
The reasons, it turns out, are not all that obscure as they are preparing to offer a max contract to Dallas Mavericks point guard Jalen Brunson. If they do so, it’s unlikely that Dallas will be willing to match that offer on a player yet to make an All-Star team.
It’s a high-risk move for a team that has been burnt in the past by handing out huge contracts to non-superstars. There’s a solid chance this could end up being a classic move that doesn’t make the Knicks much better, makes the Mavericks appreciably worse and ends up with Brunson stuck in an unhappy spot with an untradeable contract. In other words, a bad deal for everyone. Here in the biz, we call that “Knickery.”

———

I never heard of “Knickery” before. Just stupid hate on his part but I do agree that this Brunson deal has all the hallmarks of a Tim Hardaway and Fourier type signing. Paying big money to a marginal young player that we hope is going to improve to a near All star lever but falls short. Really, the only player where that even sort of worked out was Randle and he has been bad in 2 of his 3 seasons with us. I like Brunson as a player and person. He is a winner, a dedicated professional, and I have no doubt he would average at least 17 pts, 7 ast, and 4 rbs as a starter and at solid percentages, which would be better than what we have had the past few seasons. But unless his playoff level is now his new normal production, I just don’t see how we are going to be happy paying him $25-$27 mil a year this time next year. I hope I am wrong but Knicks history suggests otherwise.

Trust the Process
martin
USA
6/29/2022  9:51 PM
Mirror test.

If Pat Riley could choose to sign the Lowry of last year on a 3 year deal or Brunson of this year to a 4 year deal, which player do you think he would give the starting salary of $25M contract to?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/29/2022  10:10 PM
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
6/29/2022  10:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

Right, plus the beaches and bikinis

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/29/2022  10:17 PM
It's shame that most of the sons of former Knicks players have been trash, no offense to Pat Ewing Jr. Cole Anthony did want to come here tho, so there's that. LJ had like 3,000 kids. None of those guys turned out to be prospects? Doc at least tried with Austin
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Mavs podcast Brunson is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy