[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Front office……….
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/30/2022  7:20 PM
All those fans who jumped off the bridge on draft night are swimming back to shore it would seem….
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  10:53 PM
So the market now is 26mil for a guy not in hindsight but with maybe his best years ahead. FO is looking a bit better now a few days after the draft made some of you lose your minds. Just be patient until the dust settles. Then grade.

We still own the pick we got for KP, and his demise in a way paved the way for Dallas to hesitate to sign one of their own. Even still EF is at worst a trade asset as is Randle. We paid nothing for them. RJ is still a stud and will be all of 22 next month.
WE not out of the woods but we have depth and assets to make still more deals if so opportune, or development to still cultivate.

And Rokas still stashed!!!

wargames
Member: #6053

6/30/2022  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  11:01 PM
KnickDanger wrote:All those fans who jumped off the bridge on draft night are swimming back to shore it would seem….

I still hate draft night. They punted on the #11 pick basically to avoid the guaranteed salary. Those three 1st round picks they got back are also likely trade chips. They got equal value for #11 hell they might of got more than equal value, but no way are they drafting that many guys.

Basically last offseason was crap and us fans called it in real time. This offseason is basically the FO fixing the mess they made last year and no longer overvaluing that run the Knicks made two years ago.

Two years in and I think the plan is a Thibs defense, a motion offense (like Villanovas), and a roster that is similar to the 2004 pistons where they don’t have a star, but their designed to have no real weaknesses either. I think they are going to be non playin playoff team again or they are going to have a high pick. My gut says it will the former and they will be surprisingly good.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

7/1/2022  1:20 AM
I disagree that they made mistakes last offseason. Kemba was a gamble worth taking.

There's a reason OKC traded 3 first round picks for one, the draft has extremely strong diminishing returns. It's hard enough to find playing time for one rookie on a competitive team. The Warriors are a great example. They were out of the playoffs last season until Wiseman got injured and Looney started playing. This year they didn't play any of their rookies in the playoffs. I don't understand the problem with making trades as long as net picks are positive. What the Knicks are doing is totally different than what Brooklyn did for Harden and Atlanta did for Murray.

Being a player in free agency means the Knicks could get impact players without having to attach picks or prospects. Dallas surely would have wanted more for a sign and trade than what New York gave up to clear Noel and Burks. Hartenstein is surely a better center than whomever we could have drafted.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2022  2:13 AM
wargames wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:All those fans who jumped off the bridge on draft night are swimming back to shore it would seem….

I still hate draft night. They punted on the #11 pick basically to avoid the guaranteed salary. Those three 1st round picks they got back are also likely trade chips. They got equal value for #11 hell they might of got more than equal value, but no way are they drafting that many guys.

Basically last offseason was crap and us fans called it in real time. This offseason is basically the FO fixing the mess they made last year and no longer overvaluing that run the Knicks made two years ago.

Two years in and I think the plan is a Thibs defense, a motion offense (like Villanovas), and a roster that is similar to the 2004 pistons where they don’t have a star, but their designed to have no real weaknesses either. I think they are going to be non playin playoff team again or they are going to have a high pick. My gut says it will the former and they will be surprisingly good.

Who did you love at 11 you feel they should have drafted? I wasn’t huge on the draft but it’s more because there was no one I liked. I prefer the extra cap space and 3 first round picks over AJ Griffin for example.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

7/1/2022  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2022  7:30 AM
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:

Who did you love at 11 you feel they should have drafted? I wasn’t huge on the draft but it’s more because there was no one I liked. I prefer the extra cap space and 3 first round picks over AJ Griffin for example.

Weak sauce draft. AJ Griffin is a developmental catch and shoot guy with injury history and we already have that in grimes

Outside of the top 4-5 guys this was not a good draft class overall

blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2022  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2022  8:14 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:

Weak sauce draft. AJ Griffin is a developmental catch and shoot guy with injury history and we already have that in grimes

Outside of the top 4-5 guys this was not a good draft class overall

I don’t think this statement will age well. Every draft in nba history has gems outside the top 5. For example the rookie of the year race will not be between the top 5 drafted. There’s always a dark horse.

Personally I think if AJ Griffin stays healthy, he could be that player we might regret passing on. But then if Brunson is just starting to peek, it was worth it. PGs and Centers are critical for every teams success. Outside of the MJs and Kobe’s building around your PG and Center is an old but still valid approach when building a playoff team. It’s not the only way but a good start. Locking up Brunson and Mitch will help our team building process moving forward.

Also I think AJ Griffin is similar to Grimes. Plus we already traded a first for Cam. Is AJ better than Cam? My guess is no but Cam is unknown right now. My guess is Cam would be a different player in a system that fits his skill set. And all these moves we did gives grimes and cam more playing time.

Quick correction phill after reading your post again. Yes this might be a weak draft overall, but AJ could be that hidden gem with top 5 potential.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2022  8:54 AM
There is always players that could have been taken with the 11 in hindisght. THere is a Donvan Mitchell type. Guys that could not be pegged. Odds are someone here liked him along with 3 others but will claim to be a better GM for it.
You get one chance at one player and thats it. Not the hindsight bravado that a fan can claim. Also team chemistry and opportunity matters.
wargames

7/1/2022  10:13 AM
Nalod wrote:There is always players that could have been taken with the 11 in hindisght. THere is a Donvan Mitchell type. Guys that could not be pegged. Odds are someone here liked him along with 3 others but will claim to be a better GM for it.
You get one chance at one player and thats it. Not the hindsight bravado that a fan can claim. Also team chemistry and opportunity matters.

The three guys that you could fairly hold the knicks accountable for is Dieng, Griffin, and Duren due to both the pre-draft hype and the knicks actual draft moves.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/1/2022  11:03 AM
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:There is always players that could have been taken with the 11 in hindisght. THere is a Donvan Mitchell type. Guys that could not be pegged. Odds are someone here liked him along with 3 others but will claim to be a better GM for it.

The three guys that you could fairly hold the knicks accountable for is Dieng, Griffin, and Duren due to both the pre-draft hype and the knicks actual draft moves.

everyone still sleeping on williams. it’ll be interesting to see

wargames

7/1/2022  11:05 AM
Marv wrote:
wargames wrote:

Did they work him out?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2022  11:12 AM
If the FO had whiffed on Brunson. Nothing to show for free agency other than some role players. I would have been deflated, because we had all those picks to move up in the draft. They can go that route next season.

Perry apparently was instrumental in shedding Burks/Noel contracts. Rose was instrumental in bringing Brunson to NY. They seem to be developing into a good team.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2022  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2022  11:30 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
7/1/2022  11:32 AM
wargames wrote:
Marv wrote:
wargames wrote:

Did they work him out?

i don't think so

Marv
7/6/2022  6:58 PM
yo briggs . . .

The Oklahoma City Thunder shifted their entire focus to the 2022 NBA Draft a year ago, and they selected four new players, including three Lottery prospects, in last month’s draft. With the 12th pick, Thunder General Manager Sam Presti selected Jalen Williams out of the University of Santa Clara. That made him the highest draft pick from Santa Clara since legendary point guard Steve Nash.

Jalen Williams is one of three lottery picks for the OKC Thunder and was a fast riser at the NBA Draft Combine after entering the draft pool at age 21. Williams was a knock-down shooter last season, stroking the three-ball at a 39 percent clip, averaging 18 points, four assists, and a steal per contest. Much like Chet Holmgren, Williams made his professional debut on Tuesday and did not disappoint.
Jalen Williams looks stellar in his Oklahoma City Thunder debut showing flashes of his scoring potential against the Utah Jazz in his first Summer League game

If the Oklahoma City Thunder did not have Chet Holmgren on this same roster, Jalen Williams would be stealing all the deadlines. This is a great “problem” to have, making this young roster a dominant one after Chet Holmgren’s perfect NBA Summer League debut, not one is talking about how great Williams looked.

Jalen Williams showed off what type of scorer he can be in the NBA, and showed the value in every player on the floor being a playmaker. Williams poured in 17 points, hauled in five rebounds, and shot 72 percent from the floor.

Williams was excellent at cutting to the rim, and his playmaking nature allowed him to understand how to get behind defenders on cuts and how to relocate without the ball to find the soft spot of the defense leading to buckets.

Jalen Williams’s rim finishing was incredible, mix that with his perimeter shooting and you can see the potential of a really quality score-first swiss-army knife. How many Thunder players on this roster do you trust to go get a bucket on their own or put the team in a position to score, or even be a play-finisher? The list is not all that long, and Williams can fill each need.

While it was just a small taste of what the Santa Clara product can do, there is a lot to look forward to with his scoring and play-finishing potential.

Chet Holmgren is going to deservedly steal all the headlines for his historic performance, but do not forget just how good Jalen Williams was in his Summer League debut.

https://thunderousintentions.com/2022/07/06/jalen-williams-utah-glimpse-potential/amp/

Knicks Front office……….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy