[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

9/28/2022  11:13 AM
1 min ago – via Kelsey Russo @ The Athletic
Mitchell was also rated a bottom-20 defender in the NBA by FiveThirtyEight’s RAPTOR. He had a defensive RAPTOR of -2.7, which means the Jazz’ defensive performance fell by 2.7 points per 100 possessions while Mitchell was on the court. “It’s not the ability,” Mitchell said on Tuesday. “I can play defense. I know that for a fact. I haven’t shown that and that is what I’m looking forward to doing here.”

That's some first rate bs right there. He can play defense but did't think he needed to show it?? I mean I get it if he was going deep into the finals every year but that statement is just asinine. I don't think his defensive rating is even close to how bad he is on defense. I mean, he just floats around pretending to cover until all the switching he causes makes the entire defense vulnerable. Seriously, Cleveland isn't going to do any better than Utah ever did after adding Mitchell. I am soooo happy we didn't overpay and send out all our assets for him. Last time I'm kicking this dead horse, I promise. But, what a dumbass statement by Mitchell

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/28/2022  12:05 PM
Rookie wrote:1 min ago – via Kelsey Russo @ The Athletic
Mitchell was also rated a bottom-20 defender in the NBA by FiveThirtyEight’s RAPTOR. He had a defensive RAPTOR of -2.7, which means the Jazz’ defensive performance fell by 2.7 points per 100 possessions while Mitchell was on the court. “It’s not the ability,” Mitchell said on Tuesday. “I can play defense. I know that for a fact. I haven’t shown that and that is what I’m looking forward to doing here.”

That's some first rate bs right there. He can play defense but did't think he needed to show it?? I mean I get it if he was going deep into the finals every year but that statement is just asinine. I don't think his defensive rating is even close to how bad he is on defense. I mean, he just floats around pretending to cover until all the switching he causes makes the entire defense vulnerable. Seriously, Cleveland isn't going to do any better than Utah ever did after adding Mitchell. I am soooo happy we didn't overpay and send out all our assets for him. Last time I'm kicking this dead horse, I promise. But, what a dumbass statement by Mitchell

Every year Media day NBA players say all the right things. Granted, with Allen and Mobley they will have some things covered.
I recognize this past season Utah was on its last legs. How was his defensive ratings in previous seasons when they won 60 games? Was this past season consistant with others? Just curious.

I like DM but there was a price and we did not pay it. CLEV made a good deal for them based on the talent they have and what they DID NOT give up. Rose drew a line and did not cross it. For that Im grateful.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/28/2022  12:47 PM
Clean wrote:

This is crazy. I liked him for the Knicks but those injuries are tough. Lucky we didn’t go after him and focused on Brunson the following year.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2022  6:09 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-banking-on-internal-growth-after-quiet-off-season-1.1854126

What we can surmise from the Raptors’ quiet off-season is that they weren’t enamoured with any of the players on the market, not at their price tags anyway. Perhaps they’ve got their sights set on someone else?

One of the situations they’re closely monitoring, according to a league source, is in Oklahoma City, where Toronto-born star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander may eventually tire of leading a rebuild. The Thunder have gone 46-108 over the past two years and don’t seem close to turning the corner, especially after losing second-overall pick Chet Holmgren to an off-season foot injury.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

9/28/2022  6:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-banking-on-internal-growth-after-quiet-off-season-1.1854126

What we can surmise from the Raptors’ quiet off-season is that they weren’t enamoured with any of the players on the market, not at their price tags anyway. Perhaps they’ve got their sights set on someone else?

One of the situations they’re closely monitoring, according to a league source, is in Oklahoma City, where Toronto-born star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander may eventually tire of leading a rebuild. The Thunder have gone 46-108 over the past two years and don’t seem close to turning the corner, especially after losing second-overall pick Chet Holmgren to an off-season foot injury.

From the same article from Ujiri

The problem with going “all in” is you can only do it once. You get one shot at it, so you better be sure you’re all in at the right time and for the right player because once you start stripping your organization of its assets, you’re more or less locked in for the foreseeable future. There are cautionary tales throughout the league, and the Timberwolves and Cavaliers are hoping not to join them after surrendering a half-decade’s worth of draft capital to land Gobert and Mitchell.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/28/2022  6:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Clean wrote:

This is crazy. I liked him for the Knicks but those injuries are tough. Lucky we didn’t go after him and focused on Brunson the following year.

Thank God we dodged this beehive round. I don’t think we have a great team but we are way better off going forward with Brunson

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2022  2:07 PM
Rookie wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-banking-on-internal-growth-after-quiet-off-season-1.1854126

From the same article from Ujiri

The problem with going “all in” is you can only do it once. You get one shot at it, so you better be sure you’re all in at the right time and for the right player because once you start stripping your organization of its assets, you’re more or less locked in for the foreseeable future. There are cautionary tales throughout the league, and the Timberwolves and Cavaliers are hoping not to join them after surrendering a half-decade’s worth of draft capital to land Gobert and Mitchell.

Somewhere in the GM book of history is the tale of isiah and dolan and then again when Jimmy pushed all the chips in on Melo. Ujiri speaks of this.
That he walked away from Kawhi with a chip rather than another conferance final loss was a thin margin.

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy