[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2022  7:08 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:I am going to say this Ayton wants a max and the Suns want to save money. The Knicks could facilitate his S&T using their draft capital and come away with a very nice package of players themselves. That’s the next FA move I am watching.

I would love to ditch Randle and Mitch and land Ayton, it would just make out roster make a lot more sense (not so much about Ayton being a sure star or anything), but unfortunately there have been zero reports linking us to him- not a single one. Meanwhile several have said we’re keeping Mitch, so there goes that pipe dream.

Collins and Capela in a sign and trade for Ayton makes a lot of sense for everyone.

Miles Bridges just cost himself millions, wtf is that guy thinking?

I'm hesitant to jump to conclusions. But Bridges effed himself if the allegations are true. I'm not sure the Sun's want Collins, so I see a Capella/Ayton swap to be a challenge
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  7:19 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/30/2022  7:26 AM
[Brunson]/Rose/McBride
Fournier/IQ/Grimes
Barrett/Reddish
Randle/Toppin
[Robinson]/ /Gibson]

Sims/Keels

Other players I like that might be available in reasonable contracts are Kyle Anderson, Otto Porter, Chris Boucher. Part of me wants to take a flyer on Mo Bamba.

I don’t think this team is more than a lottery team still. I don’t think adding Brunson solves the flaws in the starting lineup. I think there needs to be a trade or a surprise move that changes the roster or else we kind of muffed the draft/cap space play.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  7:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Mo Bamba is such a frustrating player so far- could be a beast but doesn’t seem to have the drive. Hope he ends up in a better spot and changes his approach

Interestingly on the latest KFTV, CP said re: Mo Bamba, someone close to that situation said "you don't want no part of that" and laughed, so red flag!

(around the 1hr 4mins mark)

Pretty much resigned to the fact our “free agency haul” will be Tyus Jones and Mo Bamba. Then resign Mitch

BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  8:06 AM
Philc1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Mo Bamba is such a frustrating player so far- could be a beast but doesn’t seem to have the drive. Hope he ends up in a better spot and changes his approach

Interestingly on the latest KFTV, CP said re: Mo Bamba, someone close to that situation said "you don't want no part of that" and laughed, so red flag!

(around the 1hr 4mins mark)

Pretty much resigned to the fact our “free agency haul” will be Tyus Jones and Mo Bamba. Then resign Mitch

1248 would've gone crazy over a Bamba signing. Would've checked off his box for a stretch 5🤣 The Mitch contract news probably pushed him over the edge.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2022  8:15 AM
I don't listen to a lot of podcasts but had this one going on in the background last night and did find it interesting. Thanks for the summary

smackeddog wrote:So, what are the final predictions for Mitch?

In the 'Mitch is staying' corner we have these nuggets:

-Jake Fischer saying he'd likely stay and sign for $60mil mark
-When KFTV commented on this on social media, Mitch posted praying emoji
-A few bball writers seem to think Mitch is staying
-Think Bagely or someone tweeted Knicks are now canvassing for backup centres

In the 'He's gone' corner:

-On realgm they said some twitter user who sometimes posts accurate intel said yesterday he's 100% gone (interestingly he's a Spurs blogger, so wonder if Pop would relish the chance to avenge the Morris signing)
-How does Brunson, RJ, Randle and Mitch fit together?
-Likely Mitch goes to the highest bidder and the Knicks under Rose are notorious for fixing a price and not exceeding it

In the 'Sign and trade' corner:

-J. Cohen from Knicks Film School outlined this:

-He was intrigued why we're still looking to dump Fournier and Cam's salary when we don't actually need to
-The $60mil salary for Mitch conveniently would mean it was at start at exactly the amount needed in an Ayton sign and trade.

Didn't say it would happen, just that it was interesting. Counter to it, Miles Turner's salary would also be perfect for a sign and trade and likely makes more sense for the Suns. Plus Ayton would be a great fit for the pacers now their backcourt is set. Plus there's next to no rumours whatsoever linking him to the Knicks other than a Bagely tweet saying Knicks were monitoring the situation (which usually is a polite way of saying : nope!.

-Also the report that the Suns were more interested in cheaper options at the C position

I'm fine with him staying, but not if we're keeping Randle. I'd love a sign and trade but would rather we got rid of Randle too. Walking for nothing- ouch!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/30/2022  8:18 AM
I would like to resign Mitch but the closer his number gets to Ayton’s the more you have to consider ayton

I know we could have beaten Atlanta pkg for Murray. It had to be we didn’t want to. Saw an article mentioning the haul was more than the Pels got for Jrue so if we backed down that makes sense. Great player but his numbers could be inflated because of the situation he was in. Bottom line it was an intriguing possibility but I’m over it

I’d also keep an eye on Sexton who I actually don’t want. Seeing articles where his presumed value now is way lower like 10-12.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/30/2022  8:20 AM
Clean wrote:Some of my thoughts on what the Knicks are doing. This assumes Mitch is back at 60mil and we sign Brunson at 100mil.

On our FA signings:
I think both are a bit overpaid at this moment but that is the tax that the Knicks always seems to have to pay. I also don't think it will matter much once the new CBA deal kicks in. For this reason, I won't stress too much about it. Mitch on offense will be helped considerably by Brunson being here. Just like I said last year about Obi. We have not seen a glimpse of what he can do until he gets a PG who can hit him on the hundreds of open lobs our PGs have missed. We started to see it once the PG switch flipped in IQ. Obi's scoring took a noticeable jump. Once Brunson gets chemistry with Mitch and starts hitting him with those lobs it will open a lot of things for our team.

On Dejonte Murray:
I wanted him but once it became obvious we were getting Brunson I cooled off on him. The cost of getting him and how he would fit on our team would be bad. We would have too many non shooters. The Knicks can never trade unprotected picks unless it is for a true superstar. With our luck that will be the one that hits in the draft lotto.

On our assets:
Even after losing 6 2nd round picks and our 11th pick we have a TON of assets. Brian Windhorst said we have like 8 tradeable 1st round draft picks. We have a lot of 2nd round picks. We have young players who are hard working and will now be getting enough time to show what they can do. Our situation is not as bad as many fans and media would like you to think. We have flexibility to attach assets to get off of Randle if we want a max spot at a later date. Or we have the flexibility to package all that for a disgruntled star.

On the team in general:
Maybe this is the optimistic side of me but I think we are being slept on in the media. People in the media are saying with the current team we are still just fighting to get into the play-ins. I don't think they really saw just how bad our PG play was last season due to Rose being pretty much injured the whole year. He played through the injury during the start of the year and had to sit out the rest after surgery. How many games where we had big or late leads lost because of it. How many games were lost to playing vets who did not have it that night. If we are not taking injures into account and we can get Randle not being a point forward I think we will surprise the league again. Just having a single healthy season from Rose improved our team a ton. Now we will have Rose, PG capable IQ and Brunson. If we can somehow get decent outside shooting from our guys I am ready to roll with this team.

100%, I think all of this is spot on, especially the last part

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  8:40 AM
clean, good optimistic take. Nothing wrong with having a decent outlook. Lots of rumors about Randle being shopped but in the end its about what value can he bring back.
The notion that “if he gets his act together his value would be higher”. True, but if so why would we want to get rid of him? The assumption is he regresses to being grumpy?

As for Miles Bridges, he most certainly is not having the summer of fun. I gather one reason he might have not been drafted by some teams or locked up long term was due to character or the lack of it. I have not read of any rumors of him going anywhere or sign and trades for him. Kid is talented.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2022  9:09 AM
May be some truth to Mitch leaving, J Fischer just tweeted
Isaiah Hartenstein has us as another suitor.

I'm okay with that

wargames
Member: #6053

6/30/2022  9:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:May be some truth to Mitch leaving, J Fischer just tweeted

I'm okay with that

Maybe insurance but I don’t see how we pay him.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Clean
Member: #743
6/30/2022  9:26 AM

I'm okay with that

Reports yesterday was we was looking for a backup center to Mitch. It could be that. One thing I do know is that the Knicks see what we see. We need more shooting. If this guy shoots as well as I have heard then watch that paint open up for Brunson and RJ to wreck shop. I am no capologist but this could be a reason to sign and trade for Brunson even if we don't need to. I think it would create a tpe that we can maybe use to help sign this guy. Brock Aller is working overtime this offseason.
BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  9:27 AM
wargames wrote:

I'm okay with that

Don't see him getting more than the full MLE. Probably a little less.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
6/30/2022  10:14 AM
apparently, Miles Bridges was arrested last night for domestic violence

perfect timing

wargames
Member: #6053

6/30/2022  10:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm okay with that

We don’t have the MLE. We would have the space that Brunson doesn’t use and the Room exception for about 5 Mil.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
6/30/2022  10:39 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm okay with that

We don’t have the MLE. We would have the space that Brunson doesn’t use and the Room exception for about 5 Mil.

I don't know exactly how this all unfolds and I think in the very least the Kemba/Detoirt trade has technically not occurred (and maybe even Noel/Burks too). I think the Knicks are trying to manuever as an over the cap team but I don't know the logistics.

martin
USA
6/30/2022  10:47 AM
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
6/30/2022  11:02 AM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm okay with that

I don't know exactly how this all unfolds and I think in the very least the Kemba/Detoirt trade has technically not occurred (and maybe even Noel/Burks too). I think the Knicks are trying to manuever as an over the cap team but I don't know the logistics.

The Spotrac approach to cap analysis shows all three transactions and the Jalen Duren trade as still pending. So, theoretically we are still over the cap with the ability to “make the trade bigger” by including other teams when the trades actually clear.

If I understand it, a Brunson sign and trade could be looped into the Detroit Kemba/Burks/Noel trade without putting the Knicks below the cap.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
6/30/2022  11:05 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm okay with that

The Spotrac approach to cap analysis shows all three transactions and the Jalen Duren trade as still pending. So, theoretically we are still over the cap with the ability to “make the trade bigger” by including other teams when the trades actually clear.

If I understand it, a Brunson sign and trade could be looped into the Detroit Kemba/Burks/Noel trade without putting the Knicks below the cap.

Brock Aller pulling all nighters trying to figure all this out like he back in college

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
6/30/2022  11:07 AM
martin wrote:

Would totally be down going with Sims and Hartenstein at C. I do not wanna spend $60M on the C position.

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy