[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/29/2022  3:53 PM
Mo Bamba is such a frustrating player so far- could be a beast but doesn’t seem to have the drive. Hope he ends up in a better spot and changes his approach
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
6/29/2022  3:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2022  4:10 PM
martin wrote:

Fischer is v reliable when it comes to the Knicks last offseason- he said in todays bleacher article that were likely re-signing Mitch to 4 years $60mil- hope a big chunk of that is unlikely bonuses/ team option for the last year

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10040325-latest-nba-free-agency-intel-buzz-on-dame-lillard-jalen-brunson-malik-monk-more

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

6/29/2022  4:34 PM
Lol talking heads still saying Harden might opt out to help the team. No way this dude opts out. He is Harden first
wargames
Member: #6053

6/29/2022  5:37 PM
I am going to say this Ayton wants a max and the Suns want to save money. The Knicks could facilitate his S&T using their draft capital and come away with a very nice package of players themselves. That’s the next FA move I am watching.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
6/29/2022  5:50 PM
wargames wrote:I am going to say this Ayton wants a max and the Suns want to save money. The Knicks could facilitate his S&T using their draft capital and come away with a very nice package of players themselves. That’s the next FA move I am watching.

I would love to ditch Randle and Mitch and land Ayton, it would just make out roster make a lot more sense (not so much about Ayton being a sure star or anything), but unfortunately there have been zero reports linking us to him- not a single one. Meanwhile several have said we’re keeping Mitch, so there goes that pipe dream.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2022  5:52 PM
wargames wrote:I am going to say this Ayton wants a max and the Suns want to save money. The Knicks could facilitate his S&T using their draft capital and come away with a very nice package of players themselves. That’s the next FA move I am watching.

Its a common thought that they are “cheap” but perhaps after two runs they might see his value as diminished and looking to do a sign and trade if the return is there and its a limited market so why not let him find a deal and they can match it as well.

For all we know Sarver is on the way out but that does not mean total ownership structure changes. He is lead owner but they have others who might want more share and pay up.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  5:56 PM

If we can get Brunson and Ayton that would be beautiful

smackeddog
6/29/2022  6:26 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/29/2022  6:27 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/29/2022  6:31 PM
martin wrote:

At least they didn't take this on a yacht during the postseason.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  7:01 PM
Brunson burning us to sign with Miami will make Lebron in 2010 look like nothing

Start pre-ordering the Tyus Jones Knicks jerseys

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2022  7:39 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/29/2022  7:42 PM
Uptown wrote:

He'll go to Dallas.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
6/29/2022  8:46 PM
If anyone can make Brunson change his mind, it's Pat the Rat.

Won't be the least bit surprised if this happens. Almost expecting it now.

wargames
Member: #6053

6/29/2022  8:52 PM
SergioNYK wrote:If anyone can make Brunson change his mind, it's Pat the Rat.

Won't be the least bit surprised if this happens. Almost expecting it now.

I hope not… Knicks are so unlucky, but this is as sure a done thing as I have seen in a while.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/29/2022  9:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He'll go to Dallas.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/30/2022  1:29 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I would love to ditch Randle and Mitch and land Ayton, it would just make out roster make a lot more sense (not so much about Ayton being a sure star or anything), but unfortunately there have been zero reports linking us to him- not a single one. Meanwhile several have said we’re keeping Mitch, so there goes that pipe dream.

Collins and Capela in a sign and trade for Ayton makes a lot of sense for everyone.

Miles Bridges just cost himself millions, wtf is that guy thinking?

smackeddog
6/30/2022  4:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:Mo Bamba is such a frustrating player so far- could be a beast but doesn’t seem to have the drive. Hope he ends up in a better spot and changes his approach

Interestingly on the latest KFTV, CP said re: Mo Bamba, someone close to that situation said "you don't want no part of that" and laughed, so red flag!

(around the 1hr 4mins mark)

smackeddog
6/30/2022  4:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  5:09 AM
So, what are the final predictions for Mitch?

In the 'Mitch is staying' corner we have these nuggets:

-Jake Fischer saying he'd likely stay and sign for $60mil mark
-When KFTV commented on this on social media, Mitch posted praying emoji
-A few bball writers seem to think Mitch is staying
-Think Bagely or someone tweeted Knicks are now canvassing for backup centres

In the 'He's gone' corner:

-On realgm they said some twitter user who sometimes posts accurate intel said yesterday he's 100% gone (interestingly he's a Spurs blogger, so wonder if Pop would relish the chance to avenge the Morris signing)
-How does Brunson, RJ, Randle and Mitch fit together?
-Likely Mitch goes to the highest bidder and the Knicks under Rose are notorious for fixing a price and not exceeding it

In the 'Sign and trade' corner:

-J. Cohen from Knicks Film School outlined this:

-He was intrigued why we're still looking to dump Fournier and Cam's salary when we don't actually need to
-The $60mil salary for Mitch conveniently would mean it was at start at exactly the amount needed in an Ayton sign and trade.

Didn't say it would happen, just that it was interesting. Counter to it, Miles Turner's salary would also be perfect for a sign and trade and likely makes more sense for the Suns. Plus Ayton would be a great fit for the pacers now their backcourt is set. Plus there's next to no rumours whatsoever linking him to the Knicks other than a Bagely tweet saying Knicks were monitoring the situation (which usually is a polite way of saying : nope!.

-Also the report that the Suns were more interested in cheaper options at the C position

I'm fine with him staying, but not if we're keeping Randle. I'd love a sign and trade but would rather we got rid of Randle too. Walking for nothing- ouch!

Clean
Member: #743
6/30/2022  5:37 AM
Some of my thoughts on what the Knicks are doing. This assumes Mitch is back at 60mil and we sign Brunson at 100mil.

On our FA signings:
I think both are a bit overpaid at this moment but that is the tax that the Knicks always seems to have to pay. I also don't think it will matter much once the new CBA deal kicks in. For this reason, I won't stress too much about it. Mitch on offense will be helped considerably by Brunson being here. Just like I said last year about Obi. We have not seen a glimpse of what he can do until he gets a PG who can hit him on the hundreds of open lobs our PGs have missed. We started to see it once the PG switch flipped in IQ. Obi's scoring took a noticeable jump. Once Brunson gets chemistry with Mitch and starts hitting him with those lobs it will open a lot of things for our team.

On Dejonte Murray:
I wanted him but once it became obvious we were getting Brunson I cooled off on him. The cost of getting him and how he would fit on our team would be bad. We would have too many non shooters. The Knicks can never trade unprotected picks unless it is for a true superstar. With our luck that will be the one that hits in the draft lotto.

On our assets:
Even after losing 6 2nd round picks and our 11th pick we have a TON of assets. Brian Windhorst said we have like 8 tradeable 1st round draft picks. We have a lot of 2nd round picks. We have young players who are hard working and will now be getting enough time to show what they can do. Our situation is not as bad as many fans and media would like you to think. We have flexibility to attach assets to get off of Randle if we want a max spot at a later date. Or we have the flexibility to package all that for a disgruntled star.

On the team in general:
Maybe this is the optimistic side of me but I think we are being slept on in the media. People in the media are saying with the current team we are still just fighting to get into the play-ins. I don't think they really saw just how bad our PG play was last season due to Rose being pretty much injured the whole year. He played through the injury during the start of the year and had to sit out the rest after surgery. How many games where we had big or late leads lost because of it. How many games were lost to playing vets who did not have it that night. If we are not taking injures into account and we can get Randle not being a point forward I think we will surprise the league again. Just having a single healthy season from Rose improved our team a ton. Now we will have Rose, PG capable IQ and Brunson. If we can somehow get decent outside shooting from our guys I am ready to roll with this team.

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy