1/16/2022  9:28 AM
That’s great!
AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/16/2022  10:08 AM
This was such a great win! Always great to beat the team that sent you home last season! This pretty much puts a fork in the Hawks. I know we have half a season left but that team looks uninspired and dead. And I admit I take great pleasure in watching Trae Young suffer with his team.

I'm not sure what RJ changed to get his season going the last few weeks but holy **** he is playing like a Star recently! This is what I envisioned his jump would look like and it took half a season to get going but he has taken that next step and I honestly think he is here to stay! He's just taking command of the team and is playing with so much confidence! So satisfying to see a player you drafted grow and play like this! It just feels different!

Also great to see Randle play well against Atlanta! He just had a different pep in his step last night (24 on 10/21/6/9 and only 1 turnover!). He also brought the energy defensively and did a good job when isolated on Young.

I think I'm becoming a Grimes stan. Just love how this kid competes defensively and love how he has no fear or second thoughts of shooting that 3. I got a good feeling about this kid!

Everyone else really played well and did their thing. This SL is starting to come out in the 1st and even the 3rd quarter of doom and establishing a tempo on both ends. They seem to have found their niche and every player knows their roles and knows the defensive rotations too. Mitch is controlling the paint and finishing with dunks, Burks is running the offense, providing space and playing good defense and even Fournier has been playing with more effort on D too! They just gotta keep it going! Keep the same energy on D and run this same offense and we'll win our fair share of games.

JesseDark
Member: #467
1/16/2022  11:28 AM
Clean wrote:

After watching the clip one thing I got out of it is that the next step in Mitch’s development is to develop a shot outside of just dunking.If he has a shot outside of the lane he takes his man with him thus making it easier for Randle. I know we can trade him Mitch, for say Myles Brand, but with the production Mitch has had recently I don’t want to do that.

Bring back dee-fense
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2022  12:40 PM
Oh spot on

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
1/16/2022  12:40 PM
THREAD

martin
USA
1/16/2022  12:41 PM
Dude plays right into his own FUCK TRAE YOUNG theme

martin
USA
1/16/2022  12:42 PM
martin
USA
1/16/2022  12:42 PM
martin
USA
1/16/2022  12:43 PM

Clean
Member: #743
1/16/2022  12:52 PM
martin wrote:THREAD

This was the whole point of the offseason moves. He no longer has anyone he can hide on. That is why I was puzzled when people wanted Reggie back. Why would you want to repeat the same mistake? We saw how easily he was guarded in the playoffs. Now if you want Trae on the court he will have to work on both ends. Their team having to cover for his mistakes will cause other breakdowns in the defense.

martin
USA
1/16/2022  1:11 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:THREAD

This was the whole point of the offseason moves. He no longer has anyone he can hide on. That is why I was puzzled when people wanted Reggie back. Why would you want to repeat the same mistake? We saw how easily he was guarded in the playoffs. Now if you want Trae on the court he will have to work on both ends. Their team having to cover for his mistakes will cause other breakdowns in the defense.

100%

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/16/2022  1:26 PM
SergioNYK wrote:This was such a great win! Always great to beat the team that sent you home last season! This pretty much puts a fork in the Hawks. I know we have half a season left but that team looks uninspired and dead. And I admit I take great pleasure in watching Trae Young suffer with his team.

I'm not sure what RJ changed to get his season going the last few weeks but holy **** he is playing like a Star recently! This is what I envisioned his jump would look like and it took half a season to get going but he has taken that next step and I honestly think he is here to stay! He's just taking command of the team and is playing with so much confidence! So satisfying to see a player you drafted grow and play like this! It just feels different!

Also great to see Randle play well against Atlanta! He just had a different pep in his step last night (24 on 10/21/6/9 and only 1 turnover!). He also brought the energy defensively and did a good job when isolated on Young.

I think I'm becoming a Grimes stan. Just love how this kid competes defensively and love how he has no fear or second thoughts of shooting that 3. I got a good feeling about this kid!

Everyone else really played well and did their thing. This SL is starting to come out in the 1st and even the 3rd quarter of doom and establishing a tempo on both ends. They seem to have found their niche and every player knows their roles and knows the defensive rotations too. Mitch is controlling the paint and finishing with dunks, Burks is running the offense, providing space and playing good defense and even Fournier has been playing with more effort on D too! They just gotta keep it going! Keep the same energy on D and run this same offense and we'll win our fair share of games.

Regarding RJ he’s playing downhill a lot more

Great adjustment for him

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/16/2022  2:20 PM
wargames wrote:
blkexec wrote:Do we really need to make another trade? I would hate to lose Burks or grimes. And now I’m on the fence with Fournier. Kemba is still a solid option for the playoffs. Don’t trust Randle in those key playoff moments. But Kemba will shine when healthy. Maybe trade one of the 3 centers?

I will keep saying it depends on the market. If the Kings decide to pull the trigger on Simmons and their is a way the Knicks can get in their and come out with a good player, you do it. Same for other deals. Being a third piece to make a deal work could be really useful.

I don’t think the Knicks are outright buyers. Even moving Obi or Kemba isn’t something they have to do to get better. A trade is a luxury as long as Burks is playing like he did tonight 17/9/8 on 4-8 shooting is excellent!

I agree we dont need to be outright buyers. but be available and ready in case something opens up (see Redfish). At some we need to address the Mitch situation since he will be an UFA this summer. Not sure if we move him before we lose him this summer. Or wait until the summer to sign him outright or sign and trade him. The player I really love for this team is Jalen Brunson. and like Mitch is a UFA this summer. Not sure if we inquire about him before the deadline or wait until the summer.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/16/2022  3:36 PM
One dish, two dish, Reddish, Orange and Blue-ish!
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/16/2022  11:41 PM
▪︎I was really rooting hard for R.J. Barrett to record his 3rd consecutive game of 30+ points but nonetheless 26 points (8/20), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and only 1 turnover = another really good performance for 3rd year kid who's still only 21 year old.

▪︎ Julius Randle played pretty awesome. On Defense he played with 100% effort and on Offense he scored 24 points off of 10/21 from the field, 9 assists, 6 rebounds and only 1 turnover. I enjoyed his performance.

☆ Our two key players in Julius Randle and R.J. Barrett combined for 50 points off 18/41 from the field, 12 assists, 11 rebounds, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers with a +/- differential of +20. If they're able to play like this together but on a more consistent basis NY would then feature a true dynamic duo.

▪︎ Mitchell Robinson.

What I wanted to see happen, came true.

• Knicks had Mitchell Robinson.
• Atlanta was without Clint Capela.

And Atlanta had no chance to win because of it (just like NY stood no chance during the 1st round of last years playoffs because of it).

14 points (6/8) with 13 rebounds and ATL got out rebounded 44-31 because of it.

I screamed it during the playoffs and I preached it during the Offseason: Had NY been with Mitchell Robinson and ATL forced to play without Clint Capela? NY would've swept ATL during the 1st round (just like we swept them 3-0 during the regular season last year and now up 3-0 during the regular season again this year).

▪︎ And last but not least; Evan Fournier. I'll admit. I'm not his biggest fan nor his biggest supporter. But ever since his last Boston performance, I'm beginning to come around. I've gotta be honest. He wouldn't be an NY Knick right now if not for our embarrassing shooting struggles vs. Atlanta during the playoffs last year. Back then. We needed this guys Shooting in the worst way and last night it felt pretty good watching him drop 18 points @ Atlanta off of 4/8 from 3. We desperately needed that throughout our 1st round exit of last year.

GameThread: Post trade matchup vs Hawks, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy