[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do the Knicks have enough wing assets to go all in on a player like Donovan Mitchell?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2022  5:07 PM
He'd be a perfect compliment to Randle, RJ.

The player himself would have to push for this. His current team is a deep playoff contender but they are getting old in some positions and are super capped.

Knicks are starting to pile up the assets.

Discuss

https://thejnotes.com/2022/01/11/utah-jazz-star-bigger-market/

Rumors have been swirling around Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell. If there’s any truth in them, they could be a nightmare for Jazz fans.

It’s worth noting that not a single word directly from Mitchell’s mouth has indicated that he has any desire to leave the Utah Jazz. However, ESPN insider Tim McMahon claims to have heard some whispers.

“There is, I’m gonna say, at least speculation around the league that market size might matter to him”.</blockquote>

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2022  5:12 PM
No way a package for Donovan goes anywhere without RJ and IQ being included. And that's probably not enough. Probably have to throw in Obi too. And that's not even going into the draft picks and pick swaps. From Utah's point of view, that offer still might not even be good enough to wipe my @$$ with. Mitchell would really have to help the Knicks out by pushing for a deal here.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  5:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  5:30 PM
I know, not productive to this conversation but I can’t help myself. Chief triangle and the 2017 draft was a huge swing and miss. To bad we needed a triangle PG in that draft

To answer the question, I think it is too soon for Utah. They are going to make another playoff run. Most teams in their position are looking to add that one piece to put them over the top, not blow it up. He shouldn’t have signed the extension if he wanted out. I’m not sure I would believe the rumor and they certainly won’t want to trade him unless forced

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/14/2022  6:52 PM
i don’t like it. keep accumulating youthful assets and don’t mortgage them for another supposed savior.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  7:47 PM
Donovan was special out of the box. We don’t lament on Dennsis Smith, or Malik Monk. Nope, get the one that really hurts and keep remembering it.

Lets keep Grinding out talent and opportunities and we’ll mine our own golden nugget.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/14/2022  8:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  8:23 PM
Probably not. Fox though maybe. The grand package would likely be Quickley, Toppin, fillers like Burks and Noel, and 3-4 first round picks for a young star. I see Barrett as untouchable, as he’s always going to be the x-factor when trying to build a contender. If he doesn’t get there it’s a rebuild anyways. If you’re moving Barrett for a superstar then you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul and you’re left without enough leftover star talent. It’s nice to have depth, but star talent is what wins. Most of what we are doing is riding on Barrett becoming a star level player. We see it about 40% of the time right now. Need to get that to 80%.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/14/2022  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  11:28 PM
martin wrote:He'd be a perfect compliment to Randle, RJ.

The player himself would have to push for this. His current team is a deep playoff contender but they are getting old in some positions and are super capped.

Discuss

Rumors have been swirling around Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell. If there’s any truth in them, they could be a nightmare for Jazz fans.

It’s worth noting that not a single word directly from Mitchell’s mouth has indicated that he has any desire to leave the Utah Jazz. However, ESPN insider Tim McMahon claims to have heard some whispers.

“There is, I’m gonna say, at least speculation around the league that market size might matter to him”.</blockquote>

I think Donovan is the only player in the league that I would trade the farm for. Who are the untouchables? For me that's RJ, Randle and Grimes. IQ just became replaceable with the emergence of Grimes. And that's only for D. Mitchell. I would not trade IQ for anyone else.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/14/2022  11:37 PM
Donovan is terrific but not sure how we keep both Randle and RJ and not give up like 4 1st rounders to get Mitchell.

I'd be fine to part with Obi, Burks, Noel or Mitch, IQ or McBride, D.Rose, Kemba... (no Grimes trade for me)

Also it may be tough for RJ and Donovan to coexist as they are both somewhat similar in how they approach offensively (eg need the ball in their hands) and space they utilize. That's without Randle also needing his touches - not sure that's best for ball movement/chemistry. Think you can have 1 ball dominant, 1 supporting and 3 role players for good balance.

While I love RJ it may make more sense to part with RJ if Donovan is coming.

RJ, Noel/Mitch, IQ and 2 1st round picks seems like fair value for Mitchell, but I'd probably rather see what RJ becomes before making this trade.

houston20
Member: #8797

1/14/2022  11:59 PM
He just started his 5 year deal this season and donovan mitchell has no leverage at all. The jazz can just tell donovan mitchell to be quiet because he is under contract for 4 more years. I think zion more realistic then donovan mitchell because we got 2 of duke buddies reddish, and barrett plus i believe mitchell robinson would accept trade new orleans because he is from new orleans and randle from dallas texas.
ramtour420
Russian Federation
1/15/2022  12:54 AM
Zion is borderline bust at this point, health wise
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2022  1:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  1:26 AM
martin wrote:He'd be a perfect compliment to Randle, RJ.

Discuss

“There is, I’m gonna say, at least speculation around the league that market size might matter to him”.

Size matters. I”ve heard that before. My wife says otherwise.
to be a knick fan, even on a good day the urge for a Savior is real.
Lets be real, if we can get a Cam Reddish for a song, how much more could a donovan mitchel be?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/15/2022  6:06 AM
Unless Mitchell tells the Jazz he wants out, I doubt there any trade to be made. He would simply cost too many assets.
Trust the Process
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2022  8:17 AM
ramtour420 wrote:Zion is borderline bust at this point, health wise

Zion is rehabbing away from the team with his own trainers. My guess is he’s not as hurt as they say. Doesn’t seem like he’s eager to play for the Pelicans again.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/15/2022  9:31 AM
Now would be the time to make a move for Zion because I know the Pelicans cannot be happy with how things are going. Do they really want to pay him max if he is hurt all year? I think Randle, and a couple of first round picks would be more than enough for Zion. If we can then get him a proper nutritionist and the kid loses about 40 lbs (I think he should be playing at 265, he is reportedly 318 and he was 283 when he came into the league), then he can get his career back on track.
Trust the Process
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/15/2022  11:42 AM
TheGame wrote:Now would be the time to make a move for Zion because I know the Pelicans cannot be happy with how things are going. Do they really want to pay him max if he is hurt all year? I think Randle, and a couple of first round picks would be more than enough for Zion. If we can then get him a proper nutritionist and the kid loses about 40 lbs (I think he should be playing at 265, he is reportedly 318 and he was 283 when he came into the league), then he can get his career back on track.

Eddy Curry, Jerome James and Michael Sweetney say "hi"

martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Zion is borderline bust at this point, health wise

Zion is rehabbing away from the team with his own trainers. My guess is he’s not as hurt as they say. Doesn’t seem like he’s eager to play for the Pelicans again.

My guess is that is the opposite: maybe he is not hurt but the bro is in no shape to play any time soon with his size and injury risks. AND he is not eager to play for the Pelicans again.

martin
USA
1/15/2022  12:22 PM
Panos wrote:
TheGame wrote:Now would be the time to make a move for Zion because I know the Pelicans cannot be happy with how things are going. Do they really want to pay him max if he is hurt all year? I think Randle, and a couple of first round picks would be more than enough for Zion. If we can then get him a proper nutritionist and the kid loses about 40 lbs (I think he should be playing at 265, he is reportedly 318 and he was 283 when he came into the league), then he can get his career back on track.

Or at least we think they say "hi" cause the words were more of a mumble in-between a mouth full of food

BigDaddyG

1/15/2022  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  1:29 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

Or at least we think they say "hi" cause the words were more of a mumble in-between a mouth full of food

LEAVE ZION ALONE! Also, try to clean up on the Zion fat jokes, you know, just in case. I personally feel Zion would be a TREMENDOUS addition to any franchise and I think he's just cultivation mass so he can remain strong and powerful for whatever franchise he forces his way too.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ramtour420
Russian Federation
1/15/2022  1:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

LEAVE ZION ALONE! Also, try to clean up on the Zion fat jokes, you know, just in case. I personally feel Zion would be a TREMENDOUS addition to any franchise and I think he's just cultivation mass so he can remain strong and powerful for whatever franchise he forces his way too.

Yes! Thank you ! He would be an ENORMOUS addition. A GIGANTIC one. He would totally be the needle mover on the scale of things. And if he throws that weight around he can force his way to a team of his liking
BigDaddyG

1/15/2022  1:42 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

Yes! Thank you ! He would be an ENORMOUS addition. A GIGANTIC one. He would totally be the needle mover on the scale of things. And if he throws that weight around he can force his way to a team of his liking

Would definitely shift the balance in the east. The SEISMIC eruptions at MSG would be felt up and down the Atlantic.

Do the Knicks have enough wing assets to go all in on a player like Donovan Mitchell?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy