USA
1/14/2022  12:18 PM
A healthy rotation looks like this before the Cam trade:

C Robinson/ Noel
F Randle/ Toppin
F Barrett/ Burks
G Fournier/ Quickley
G Walker/ Rose

Very rarely will all 10 be healthy. So Grimes has had his minutes and Reddish gets his. But if and when everyone is healthy at once, something has to give. Thibs isn’t playing more than 10 (9 is probably the ideal rotation ) and while Grimes probably is on the outside looking in, Reddish absolutely plays. If there is no trade, I honestly see Reddish taking Toppin’s minutes as the stretch 4. He’s not taking Burks or Quickleys spot in the rotation. Things could get messy if Burks or Toppin aren’t traded by the deadline based on the current roster. It will be interesting to see what happens.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  10:48 PM
Knixkik wrote:A healthy rotation looks like this before the Cam trade:

C Robinson/ Noel
F Randle/ Toppin
F Barrett/ Burks
G Fournier/ Quickley
G Walker/ Rose

Very rarely will all 10 be healthy. So Grimes has had his minutes and Reddish gets his. But if and when everyone is healthy at once, something has to give. Thibs isn’t playing more than 10 (9 is probably the ideal rotation ) and while Grimes probably is on the outside looking in, Reddish absolutely plays. If there is no trade, I honestly see Reddish taking Toppin’s minutes as the stretch 4. He’s not taking Burks or Quickleys spot in the rotation. Things could get messy if Burks or Toppin aren’t traded by the deadline based on the current roster. It will be interesting to see what happens.

“Things can get Messy?” Is that a threat?

Im Thinking Walker gets traded. Thats as far as as this cowboy can guess this puzzle.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

1/15/2022  12:46 AM
Talking bout Knicks Rotation ....
I believe it was coach Thibs 7 or 8 man rotation that failed him on the Bulls & the Wolves

The Knicks talented young core roster (MitchRob, RJ, Quickley, Obi, Grimes, and Deuce-Deuce) says Thibs should be giving 10 players doublr-digit playing-time in each game for players growth, until the end of the midseason games to prevent injuries.

I like Thibs idea on defense, but
I also believe the Bulls should've got rid of head coach Thibs after two straight seasons of starter players catching serious injuries before the midseason games.

We just watch coach Thibs stop using the 10 man rotation this season by taking Kemba out of the rotation to run a 9 man rotation, the knicks went 2-8 in 10 games using a 8 or 9-man rotation. And when Kemba were set free to prove Thibs wrong making Kemba work extra-extra hard in a 8-man rotation for the Knick win.
Plus not giving the rookie PG McBride 10 to 12 minutes (when D.Rose, then Kemba went down) are weird coaching.
Now, the rookie PG McBride went down to the G.League for exercise,and had to score 39 pts for the win the team havn't seen in a while.
Kemba & D.Rose are out with injuries .. I'm just saying, "It's Quickley & McBride time to shine at PG" !!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2022  8:19 AM
Kemet wrote:Talking bout Knicks Rotation ....
I believe it was coach Thibs 7 or 8 man rotation that failed him on the Bulls & the Wolves

The Knicks talented young core roster (MitchRob, RJ, Quickley, Obi, Grimes, and Deuce-Deuce) says Thibs should be giving 10 players doublr-digit playing-time in each game for players growth, until the end of the midseason games to prevent injuries.

I like Thibs idea on defense, but
I also believe the Bulls should've got rid of head coach Thibs after two straight seasons of starter players catching serious injuries before the midseason games.

We just watch coach Thibs stop using the 10 man rotation this season by taking Kemba out of the rotation to run a 9 man rotation, the knicks went 2-8 in 10 games using a 8 or 9-man rotation. And when Kemba were set free to prove Thibs wrong making Kemba work extra-extra hard in a 8-man rotation for the Knick win.
Plus not giving the rookie PG McBride 10 to 12 minutes (when D.Rose, then Kemba went down) are weird coaching.
Now, the rookie PG McBride went down to the G.League for exercise,and had to score 39 pts for the win the team havn't seen in a while.
Kemba & D.Rose are out with injuries .. I'm just saying, "It's Quickley & McBride time to shine at PG" !!!

7 or 8 man rotation is too short. 9 is ideal. 10 works for this team but with 10 or more you risk not allowing players to get into rhythm on the court.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/15/2022  11:50 AM
Cam Reddish needs to show up and show off in practice and take advantage of the minutes given to him early on. He needs to steal the minutes of Evan and show the FO that Evan is the odd man out before the trade deadline so the FO can somehow miraculously trade Evan. It would be interesting if by the trade deadline the FO can somehow package both Evan and Kemba in a trade essentially admitting that the signed the wrong free agents last summer.wishful thinking on my part, not going to happen.
wargames
Member: #6053

1/15/2022  3:54 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:Cam Reddish needs to show up and show off in practice and take advantage of the minutes given to him early on. He needs to steal the minutes of Evan and show the FO that Evan is the odd man out before the trade deadline so the FO can somehow miraculously trade Evan. It would be interesting if by the trade deadline the FO can somehow package both Evan and Kemba in a trade essentially admitting that the signed the wrong free agents last summer.wishful thinking on my part, not going to happen.

I think it won’t happen this year but yeah he should be targeting Fournier for minutes. Keep in mind Fournier is a 3 year contract. It won’t be the end of the world if they keep him and have Cam eat at his minutes this year and the next two before taking over permanently. Cam is 22, injuries happen (to him too) it’s not as bad as Randle/Obi where the guy ahead of him is a core part of the roster.

If anything Cam makes Fournier getting all those minutes playing bad a lot less likely and vice versa. The two of them should be fighting for starting wing minutes for the next few seasons.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/15/2022  10:47 PM
The Knicks are finally clicking! I have a feeling the season will only be longer for Cam Reddish. With the way this current rotation is finally playing well i dont think Thibs will risk changing things up. I don't think Cam will see much floor time unless the FO puts pressure on Thibs to play him. At this point when Kemba is healthy, im not even sure if Thibs will risk re-inserting him in the rotation. At this point in the season will the acquisition of Cam be a spark that will launch the knick to the play off or will it just be a simple talent acquisition to boost another move by the deadline?
wargames

1/15/2022  10:59 PM
C Robinson/ Noel / Sims
F Randle/ Taj / Obi
F Barrett/ Reddish
G Fournier/ Quickley / Grimes
G Burks / Rose / Quickley

I don’t think Kemba is long for the rotation.

wargames

1/15/2022  11:00 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:The Knicks are finally clicking! I have a feeling the season will only be longer for Cam Reddish. With the way this current rotation is finally playing well i dont think Thibs will risk changing things up. I don't think Cam will see much floor time unless the FO puts pressure on Thibs to play him. At this point when Kemba is healthy, im not even sure if Thibs will risk re-inserting him in the rotation. At this point in the season will the acquisition of Cam be a spark that will launch the knick to the play off or will it just be a simple talent acquisition to boost another move by the deadline?

I think Kemba might be out for good. Obi, might get moved too…

blkexec
Member: #748
1/16/2022  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2022  4:19 PM
wargames wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:The Knicks are finally clicking! I have a feeling the season will only be longer for Cam Reddish. With the way this current rotation is finally playing well i dont think Thibs will risk changing things up. I don't think Cam will see much floor time unless the FO puts pressure on Thibs to play him. At this point when Kemba is healthy, im not even sure if Thibs will risk re-inserting him in the rotation. At this point in the season will the acquisition of Cam be a spark that will launch the knick to the play off or will it just be a simple talent acquisition to boost another move by the deadline?

Even with Kemba not healthy, it will be difficult to play cam since the rotation is set and we on a winning streak. That was my guess from the beginning and now thibs recently confirmed. He’s an old school coach. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

Obi is the only one I can see that hasn’t played well in 2022. If cam shows out in practice, Obi will be back on the shelf. My question is who’s defense is better, that’s going to be the key. Obi or cam at the 4.

In a pnr scheme it’s cam all day. But as far as boxing out big PFs and grabbing rebounds. It’s going to be interesting.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/16/2022  4:25 PM
If cam, iq and grimes subs in. That’s a dangerous offensive lineup. 3 shooters around RJ wow. He will have a field day as a playmaker / slasher.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/16/2022  4:30 PM
blkexec wrote:
wargames wrote:

Even with Kemba not healthy, it will be difficult to play cam since the rotation is set and we on a winning streak. That was my guess from the beginning and now thibs recently confirmed. He’s an old school coach. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

Obi is the only one I can see that hasn’t played well in 2022. If cam shows out in practice, Obi will be back on the shelf. My question is who’s defense is better, that’s going to be the key. Obi or cam at the 4.

In a pnr scheme it’s cam all day. But as far as boxing out big PFs and grabbing rebounds. It’s going to be interesting.

I'm a big fan of Obi...wish Thibs could figure out a way to get him more involved in the offense instead of having a 20% 3 pt shooter camped out in the corner behind the 3 pt line during our half court sets. With that said, in today's game, Cam can definitely get some minutes at the 4 especially when you consider that he is a good corner 3-ball shooter. Unfortunately, if this is the plan, I think Obi may be on the move....

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/16/2022  5:03 PM
When has this roster been fully healthy?
ES
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/16/2022  5:35 PM

I agree. Thibbs is not messing with this lineup much. Cam will only get spot minutes until either someone gets hurt or Cam consistently outplays them in practice.

Trust the Process
blkexec
1/17/2022  10:08 AM
Well….looks like we have another rotation problem. If healthy, does thibs start Kemba bring him off the bench or remove him from rotation? Since thibs is a creature of habit and doesn’t like to rock the boat when things are going well. Will be interesting to see how he handles this one.

NBA coaches have a harder job than I expected. Due to the political waters they have to navigate while trying to win games at the same time. Also managing the trust between coaches and players. That’s why they get paid the big bucks I guess.

If I had to guess, thibs will start Kemba but give him a short leash and not play him in the 4th.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/17/2022  10:45 AM
blkexec wrote:Well….looks like we have another rotation problem. If healthy, does thibs start Kemba bring him off the bench or remove him from rotation? Since thibs is a creature of habit and doesn’t like to rock the boat when things are going well. Will be interesting to see how he handles this one.

NBA coaches have a harder job than I expected. Due to the political waters they have to navigate while trying to win games at the same time. Also managing the trust between coaches and players. That’s why they get paid the big bucks I guess.

If I had to guess, thibs will start Kemba but give him a short leash and not play him in the 4th.

Thibs loves the ability to defend on the switch which is why he went with 6 6" Burks at PG. With all 5 starters reaching double digit points in the last 3 games and actually playing better than the bench, tough to make any changes.

I think the biggest problem comes when D rose, Kemba and Cam are healthy.

I wouldn't play kemba more than 20 minutes per going fwd unless he really has it going

ES
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/17/2022  10:53 AM
I'm really coming around and beginning to appreciate what Evan Fournier can do, instead of worrying about what he can't do. Because ever since removing the tape from his shoulder he's been pretty much shooting lights out.

With that said I'll always be a Defensive minded fan first and foremost and because of that I'm really pulling for Cam Reddish. Understatement. I want him to quickly emerge into an NY star because of A.) His Defensive potential and B.) I'm starting to believe Evan Fournier can become a lethal shooter off the bench + a veteran leader once surrounded by our 2nd unit youth.

Once Rose returns and we're @ 100% strength; this is the rotation I'd love to see....

C: Mitchell Robinson.
PF: Julius Randle.
SF: Cam Reddish.
SG: R.J. Barrett.
PG: Derrick Rose.

That starting 5 has potential to become much better than last years #1 ranked Defense and also has firepower potential on Offense too.

C: Nerlens Noel.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Quentin Grimes.
SG: Evan Fournier.
PG: Immanuel Quickley.

With all 3 of Kemba Walker (PG), Alec Burks (SG) and Taj Gibson (C) being used as role playing veteran role players (once their # is called).

If Cam Reddish can flourish alongside of coach Thibs; N.Y. immediately becomes the deepest team within the entire Eastern Conference and a true NBA contender too.

Knicks rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy